Concord (multiplayer hero FPS | PC/PS5) - update (09/20): game director departs Firewalk Studios, development costs reportedly $400 million

7 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

Hey you know the one, the one no one cares about or knows his name. Remember that guy? He was in the background? Like.. he did a thing in one of the movies, I don't know.. it was a little bit heroic? Did he die maybe? I think he was funny maybe. You know that guy. Well, let's base our marketing on him.

I mean, i do remember the blue guy's name, but exactly.

2 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

Without any single player, I can't picture Concord being worth much in the future. Maybe to the hardcore system complete crowd.

Open copies probably not but sealed copies will be a little due to scarcity and it having a story. I would be less bullish if not for how hard Sony pulled it down yesterday.

-edit-

Collectors were never going to actually play the game.

1 hour ago, unogueen said:

Should have bought a used copy.

Nah, used copy will not be worth as much in the long run for this disaster. Also to find a used copy I would actually need to know someone who bought it. I was only able to get this because I bought it off amazon.ca when the announcement was made.

22 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

Is there at least a disc inside or did they just stick a code in there?

There is a disc. I'm never opening my copy. This is purely to collect for the story of this hot mess and to see what happens to its value over a long time.

• Halal 1

• 3 weeks later...
KOTAKU.COM

Ryan Ellis was the hero shooter's game director at Firewalk Studios

It’s been two weeks since Sony announced it was taking the unprecedented step of unreleasing Concord and almost as long since the ill-fated, sci-fi hero shooter was officially taken offline. In the time since, Kotaku understands that developers at Firewalk Studios have been in limbo about their future as they await Sony’s decision about what comes next for Concord and the team.

Whatever ends up happening, game director Ryan Ellis will not be at the helm. Formerly at Bungie where he served as creative director on Destiny 2, Ellis left in 2017 to lead development on what would eventually become Concord. He told staff at Firewalk last week that he would be stepping down from his game director role and move into a support role instead, according to three sources familiar with the change.

WWW.VIDEOGAMESCHRONICLE.COM

The game was reportedly referred to as “the future of PlayStation” internally…

PlayStation’s recently delisted first person shooter Concord reportedly cost $400 million to develop.

That’s according to PlayStation podcast Sacred Symbols, which claims that the game, which was recently taken offline by PlayStation after just two weeks on sale, was referred to as “the future of PlayStation,” internally.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Concord (multiplayer hero FPS | PC/PS5) - update (09/20): game director departs Firewalk Studios, development costs reportedly $400 million