TRAILER FOR ASTRO MOTHERFUCKING GDAMN BOT HAS RELEASED, GAME COMES OUT SEPTEMBER 6, 2024 (09/05: reviews posted)

7 minutes ago, Bacon said:

@Best There's a handful of us playing.

Me, you, @legend, @BloodyHell, @Dodger, @SaysWho?, @Brian(or his kid), and maybe @Keyser_Soze(can't tell)

Thanks. I'm about to play yet again shortly. I'm kinda at a part where I'm having a more difficult time finding the bots. By no means am I saying it's difficult but it did get a bit more challenging. But that's what makes it so fun. 

So, something that's funny. There is another place I post sometimes. That place posts a lot of webms. No one was making webms for Astro Bot so I started making them and now my webms are pretty much the only game footage that gets posted.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Best said:

Thanks. I'm about to play yet again shortly. I'm kinda at a part where I'm having a more difficult time finding the bots. By no means am I saying it's difficult but it did get a bit more challenging. But that's what makes it so fun. 

If you're feeling stuck, on return to a world, you can spend 200 coins in the beginning to get a bird that follows you around and will indicate the direction of something you missed when you get near. I avoided that feature, but it's there if you're feeling lost.

• Shocked 1

1 minute ago, legend said:

If you're feeling stuck, on return to a world, you can spend 200 coins in the beginning to get a bird that follows you around and will indicate the direction of something you missed when you get near. I avoided that feature, but it's there if you're feeling lost.

Oh nice. I had no idea. Thanks!

I used the bird a few times. Every time but once I didn't actually need it, but there was one puzzle piece in one of the later levels that you had to pull out of the ground and I'm not sure I ever would have found it on my own. It's not that hidden, but the way I play the game, I just wouldn't have noticed it.

5 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I used the bird a few times. Every time but once I didn't actually need it, but there was one puzzle piece in one of the later levels that you had to pull out of the ground and I'm not sure I ever would have found it on my own. It's not that hidden, but the way I play the game, I just wouldn't have noticed it.

I used it on the first world because I didn't know what it was, and I used it one or two other times on worlds where there was a point of no backtracking and I didn't want to advance only to miss it because I was pretty sure that's how I missed it on my first run.

32 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

The way y’all are talking about this game makes me wish I enjoyed 3D platformers these days. I’m trying to think of the last one I really enjoyed. Maybe Mario Odyssey? But even then I didn’t love it. 

My guess is if you liked Odyssey, you'll like this, but you if you didn't love it you probably won't love this. Unless you're @Bacon

6 minutes ago, Dodger said:

I had no idea that’s what that bird did. Is there any other use for coins?

When you get enough puzzle pieces (you don't need that many) you'll unlock the "gatcha machine" where you can spend coins to unlock stuff for the bots on the crash site, costumes for your character, and skins for your controller. (You will also need to unlock other things with the puzzle pieces to get the costumes and skins)

• stepee 1
  • Thanks 1
  • True 1

Splashing Sprint, am I stupid?

Spoiler

When the moving horizontal columns spray fire after getting past that pumpkin looking enemy, you're supposed to run to your right and use the duck to get rid of the tar. But no matter if I am tarred or if I avoid the tar, the flames always move quicker than I do.

13 minutes ago, Bacon said:

It's amazing how much getting rid of the wide open areas and limiting your collect-a-thon improves the gameplay experience.

I can see the argument, although I enjoyed exploring the worlds in Odyssey and them being a bit wider helped fuel that feeling of exploration.

Some of the worlds in Astro Bot still gave a similar feel while being denser though. Like, I actually really loved the underwater world. It had a similar feel of being open but was simultaneously more dense. So they can pull that off, but that was just one style of world of many styles, whereas in Odyssey it was the whole game.

Ultimately, I think my biggest knock against Astro Bot is I wish there was more. More of those open feeling worlds, and more of the more focused challenge levels. I'd gladly throw money at them if they released more content.

• Halal 1

Just now, SaysWho? said:

Splashing Sprint, am I stupid?

Hide contents

When the moving horizontal columns spray fire after getting past that pumpkin looking enemy, you're supposed to run to your right and use the duck to get rid of the tar. But no matter if I am tarred or if I avoid the tar, the flames always move quicker than I do.

You're not. This is the level that get's everyone :p 

Spoiler

Make sure you're already moving as you pick up the duck and do *not* try to walk the the path straight forwardly, following its curves. Jump over the first corner's gap to get a head start and never stop and you should be okay.

1 minute ago, legend said:

Like, I actually really loved the underwater world.

And I'm sure it will come as no surprise to you that the underwater world was my least favorite level. I groaned when I got to the starfish area lol.

So while I don't want more of that, I super want more challenge levels. Like, double what we already have. I love those levels.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, legend said:

You're not. This is the level that get's everyone :p 

Hide contents

Make sure you're already moving as you pick up the duck and do *not* try to walk the the path straight forwardly, following its curves. Jump over the first corner's gap to get a head start and never stop and you should be okay.

So I figured it out just before you posted, which made me feel good, at least. :p 

But yeah, these challenge levels are different than the normal ones, and this SPECIFIC one has been making me work.

• Hype 1

1 minute ago, SaysWho? said:

So I figured it out just before you posted, which made me feel good, at least. :p 

But yeah, these challenge levels are different than the normal ones, and this SPECIFIC one has been making me work.

Yeah, while the other challenges levels are clearly harder than the main world levels, Splashing Sprint in particular was hard. That and "To The Beat" were the two that gave me the most trouble.

• Hugs 1

On 9/11/2024 at 4:48 AM, Bacon said:

Kyle's reaction to the duck item challenge level was the same as mine. It's hysterical.

WWW.TWITCH.TV

kylebosman went live on Twitch. Catch up on their Just Chatting VOD now.

All of his attempts for that level are great.

This level was the second hardest for me. I now have beaten every level and need to clean up a couple of crash site trophies. The top of the statue, and the picture of Drake and Aloy, I believe. I’ll do those today sometime. I have to look up how to get them together to take a picture. 

12 hours ago, TheLeon said:

The way y’all are talking about this game makes me wish I enjoyed 3D platformers these days. I’m trying to think of the last one I really enjoyed. Maybe Mario Odyssey? But even then I didn’t love it. 

Hey. I absolutely thought I wouldn't enjoy this. In fact I though if I bought it I'd play like 30 minutes of it then quit.

Nope. It's THAT good that I'm addicted to it and will beat it. 

It's a special game that everyone needs to experience. 

17 hours ago, Brian said:

I agree with @Bacon that finding a portal mid level sort of sucks because you get immediately ejected from the world you are in. I would rather it unlock the level and let me visit that galaxy later. 

Im rocking the skeleton skin

I finally ran into this just now. I completely agree with you guys.