TRAILER FOR ASTRO MOTHERFUCKING GDAMN BOT HAS RELEASED, GAME COMES OUT SEPTEMBER 6, 2024 (09/05: reviews posted)

4 hours ago, BloodyHell said:
  Hide contents

Djinny’s Revenge 

Is very hard.

Edid: Also, Sly is the best costume.

I just did that on my first try :cool:

The one that was hard for me was 

Spoiler

Splashing sprint

Edit: And I just did

Spoiler

To the beat

which was even harder :p 

I feel like such a fool for not knowing about ASTRO's Playroom tho. It's great. Has one gimmick I don't care for, but what a fun little adventure it was. What's crazy is that AP was way """harder""" than what I've played in AB so far. It wasn't hard, just harder.

• Hype 1

On 9/7/2024 at 1:53 PM, Bacon said:

Got the best outfit.

d9f02be42fb7a436057a18c22c734cc4.png

You don't have to buy the deluxe edition for it either even tho it's in that.

that's the bloodborne one right? I was watching someone play and when they would try and attack it would parry you.  I almost bought the game right there

15 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I feel like such a fool for not knowing about ASTRO's Playroom tho. It's great. Has one gimmick I don't care for, but what a fun little adventure it was. What's crazy is that AP was way """harder""" than what I've played in AB so far. It wasn't hard, just harder.

I didn't feel anything in AP was harder than AB, but I've seen plenty of people who also thought AP was harder. I felt it was an easier game that celebrated Playstation franchises as opposed to one that was trying to be really hard as a pack-in game.

4 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

that's the bloodborne one right? I was watching someone play and when they would try and attack it would parry you.  I almost bought the game right there

That's one of them!

4 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

omg, world 3 boss

Reveal hidden contents

Great boss. What's funny is that I have been trying the guess the Sony title per galaxy. As soon as I loaded into the boss world I knew the next title we'd be exploring was

Spoiler

Tomb Raider!

:|

Fuck I'm dumb lol. What's even funnier is what bot you can unlock in galaxy 4 world 1.

22 minutes ago, legend said:

There are some secret trophies left, but otherwise 100%!

I powered through this one. Good shit.

Nice. I’ve been taking my time. I can go to the last boss any time, but I’m cleaning up the secret levels and triangles right now. 

The more I play, the more I enjoy it. It might be the best 3D platformer I’ve played that isn’t Mario or Psychonauts 2. 

also, the last galaxy has two puzzle pieces I can’t find. No idea where they are because I got all the pieces in the levels, and one an alien was flying around the galaxy with, but it still shows I’m missing two. May have to consult a guide for the first time. 

4 hours ago, Bacon said:

I didn’t think AP had anything hard in it. This game has some actually hard stuff, they just aren’t the main levels.

1 minute ago, BloodyHell said:

Yes, but I also don’t think it was harder than AB. Not that either were hard

Well, I said that not thinking of the Lost Levels tbh. I think the 4 worlds in AP are like 10% harder than the "story" worlds in AB.

• Halal 1

I think AP is harder than AB's standard levels because of the suits and motion controls. Half of each level uses a bit of motion controls. The frog, the monkey, and the rocket ship have motion control that requires "non-standard" platforming skills. Then there is the ball which is hella fun. Again, while not hard, it's just harder. There is also the fact that Astro Bot moves slower and charged attacks take longer to charge. Very minor, but "harder".

• Halal 1

52 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I think AP is harder than AB's standard levels because of the suits and motion controls. Half of each level uses a bit of motion controls. The frog, the monkey, and the rocket ship have motion control that requires "non-standard" platforming skills. Then there is the ball which is hella fun. Again, while not hard, it's just harder. There is also the fact that Astro Bot moves slower and charged attacks take longer to charge. Very minor, but "harder".

That’s fair. 

This game really could have used a journal or something about every piece of lore, and which characters you have found and what they are from. 

I know a lot of them, but not all. 

So far my favourite collectibles is the resogun ships, but I only have ~125 gacha balls so far. I’m going to platinum this I think.

7 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Nice. I’ve been taking my time. I can go to the last boss any time, but I’m cleaning up the secret levels and triangles right now. 

The more I play, the more I enjoy it. It might be the best 3D platformer I’ve played that isn’t Mario or Psychonauts 2. 

also, the last galaxy has two puzzle pieces I can’t find. No idea where they are because I got all the pieces in the levels, and one an alien was flying around the galaxy with, but it still shows I’m missing two. May have to consult a guide for the first time. 

Make sure you

Spoiler

Crash into all the asteroids floating around. If all the planets say you have all the puzzles its stuff like that, then it can only be a ship-triggered event.

Not sure if it was one or two of the flying pieces in the galaxy, but I had to twiddle my thumbs a bit for the last to appear.

7 hours ago, Bacon said:

I disagree that AP was ever harder even with motion controls, but I do think the first half of AB was easier than the second, even just considering the main story worlds.

To be sure, the story worlds are never "hard" but I think they do get harder and fairly clearly harder than AP IMO. But I also didn't think the motion controls etc made AP harder to begin with so we might just disagree :p 

• Halal 1

Well reading through this thread has made me want to play and beat Psychonauts 2. 

I have it on my deck and tried it out 3 different times but then I just quit. 

That game gets a lot of praise on here so I am really going to make an effort to beat it. 

43 minutes ago, Best said:

Well reading through this thread has made me want to play and beat Psychonauts 2. 

I have it on my deck and tried it out 3 different times but then I just quit. 

That game gets a lot of praise on here so I am really going to make an effort to beat it. 

Stepee loved that game as well, I believe.

• stepee 1

1 hour ago, legend said:

Make sure you

Hide contents

Crash into all the asteroids floating around. If all the planets say you have all the puzzles its stuff like that, then it can only be a ship-triggered event.

Not sure if it was one or two of the flying pieces in the galaxy, but I had to twiddle my thumbs a bit for the last to appear.

I disagree that AP was ever harder even with motion controls, but I do think the first half of AB was easier than the second, even just considering the main story worlds.

To be sure, the story worlds are never "hard" but I think they do get harder and fairly clearly harder than AP IMO. But I also didn't think the motion controls etc made AP harder to begin with so we might just disagree :p 

I’ve been looking for them to come out forever, but I forgot there’s probably a level after the boss

13 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Omg, there is a collection journal, you have to talk to A5081. Interesting.

I can't make up my mind. I think I should just buy Astrobot and skip Psychonauts 2 for now. 

In your opinion, which is the better game? Psychonauts 2 or Astrobot?

31 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

I’ve been looking for them to come out forever, but I forgot there’s probably a level after the boss

Ah, yes, that there is! Also, there's a bit more after you finish the main 5 galaxies before you get the credits roll. But like the other galaxies, an additional level in it unlocks after you do its boss.

So if you're trying to do everything before you get the credits roll, feel free to do the boss in the 5th galaxy and its subsequent world -- it won't force an end game.

• Halal 1

30 minutes ago, Best said:

I can't make up my mind. I think I should just buy Astrobot and skip Psychonauts 2 for now. 

In your opinion, which is the better game? Psychonauts 2 or Astrobot?

Personally, I absolutely love Psychonauts and have since the original launched like 2 decades ago. Personally I think it’s more fun. It was my GotY in 2021z . But this game is still incredible. You can’t go wrong with either, but you already own one.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Personally, I absolutely love Psychonauts and have since the original launched like 2 decades ago. Personally I think it’s more fun. It was my GotY in 2021z . But this game is still incredible. You can’t go wrong with either, but you already own one.

Thanks. I am going to buy Astrobot now.