TRAILER FOR ASTRO MOTHERFUCKING GDAMN BOT HAS RELEASED, GAME COMES OUT SEPTEMBER 6, 2024 (09/05: reviews posted)

Jfc. I might buy this soon. I love Mario so if this is similar and of the same quality I'm about 90% sure I'm buying this now. 

5 minutes ago, Dodger said:

I need to start shamelessly whoring myself out for free games like Bacon because shit gets expensive. 

Today is your lucky day. I'll buy you a copy. Now, we can either use PayPal or I can get you psn codes. 

• stepee 2

3 minutes ago, Best said:

Jfc. I might buy this soon. I love Mario so if this is similar and of the same quality I'm about 90% sure I'm buying this now. 

Today is your lucky day. I'll buy you a copy. Now, we can either use PayPal or I can get you psn codes. 

Thank you bro. I already bought Astrobot but how about a PSN Code for Starwars Outaws if possible? I wanted to get to that too. 

• Hype 1

There are cool touches like when you rescue a Astro bot, it pops into your controller on screen. You can thrust your controller upwards and the bots get boosted into the air in the game. These touches add up and make the game feel more interactive. It’s isn’t groundbreaking but it is thoughtfully designed and I appreciate it. 

22 minutes ago, Bacon said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Honestly, while I'm only 2 levels in, I think if you have a PS5, this is a must play at some point.

I guess I need to buy it. 

Bloomberg: Playstation's Astro Bot is a Model for the Video Game Industry

The contrast made for some serious whiplash.

Concord was an expensive online shooter developed by hundreds of people at an estimated nine-figure budget, greenlit as part of PlayStation’s effort to chase the Fortnite dragon of “live service” games that can be monetized for years after release. The game received mediocre reviews and was played by almost nobody.

Meanwhile, Astro Bot is now sitting at 94 out of 100 on the review aggregation website Metacritic. It has no microtransactions, live-service elements or cynical trend-chasing. It is simply a great platformer, one that surprises and delights you at every turn with smooth controls and all sorts of brilliant gameplay twists.

While Concord feels symbolic of the industry’s woes, Astro Bot feels like a model for a more sustainable future. It was developed by a team of 60 people in three years, a stark contrast to the six-year productions staffed by thousands of employees that have become common in recent times. Rather than chasing endless gameplay, Astro Bot is delightfully compact and can be completed in around a dozen hours — a godsend for busy parents or people with massive gaming backlogs.

No paywall for this one.

• Thanks 1

It's a shorter game. Could be beaten in one sitting from what I'm seeing. Guess it depends on how much you value quality over quantity. If this game was 40-50, I'd feel that be fair, but it is also extremely polished and quite fun.

• True 1

I have 100%'d the first two galaxies now. I am enjoying this WAY more than SMO. The only thing SMO has over this is all the jumps that Mario can do. I know having more options is critical in a platformer, but even then, this still blows SMO out of the water IMO.

• Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I have 100%'d the first two galaxies now. I am enjoying this WAY more than SMO. The only thing SMO has over this is all the jumps that Mario can do. I know having more options is critical in a platformer, but even then, this still blows SMO out of the water IMO.

Wow. I REALLY loved Odyssey so this is extremely high praise.