TRAILER FOR ASTRO MOTHERFUCKING GDAMN BOT HAS RELEASED, GAME COMES OUT SEPTEMBER 6, 2024 (09/05: reviews posted)

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

Has anything changed? Are you getting it?

No I'm not getting this. The only platformer I play is a 3-D Mario game. 

This will be a phenomenal game for those interested. 

• Shocked 1

So now, the 90+ or highest scores from Sony each year since the first God of War, compiled by a Reset user:

2024 - Astro Bot (94)
2023 - Marvel's Spiderman 2 (90)
2022 - God of War: Ragnarok (94)
2021 - Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart - (88)
2020 - TLOU 2 (93), Demon's Souls (92)
2019 - Death Stranding (82)
2018 - Shadow of the Colossus (91), God of War (94), Astro Bot: Rescue Mission (90)
2017 - Horizon Zero Dawn (89)
2016 - Uncharted 4 (93)
2015 - Bloodborne (92)
2014 - MLB 14: The Show (81), Infamous Second Son (80) (technically The Last of Us Remastered was 95, but that was just last year)
2013 - TLOU (95)
2012 - Journey (92)
2011 - Uncharted 3 (92), LittleBigPlanet 2 (91)
2010 - God of War 3 (92), MLB 10 The Show (91)
2009 - Uncharted 2 (96), Killzone 2 (91)
2008 - LittleBigPlanet (95)
2007 - God of War 2 (93)
2006 - Resistance Fall of Man (86)
2005 - God of War (94), Shadow of the Colossus (91)

2014 was a dark time, man...

Is the actual platforming good this time? I'm probably gonna take a look at this at some point regardless, but "being an excellent platformer" would bump it way up on the list. As someone not chasing nostalgia and who finds corporate masturbation incredibly off-putting and just a smidge dystopian, I'll still clock in for some sick ass jumpin' action. But I feel like tons of people gushed about the mid ass platforming in the pack-in game so it's really hard for me to trust any of these numbers.

Just now, Xbob42 said:

Is the actual platforming good this time? I'm probably gonna take a look at this at some point regardless, but "being an excellent platformer" would bump it way up on the list. As someone not chasing nostalgia and who finds corporate masturbation incredibly off-putting and just a smidge dystopian, I'll still clock in for some sick ass jumpin' action. But I feel like tons of people gushed about the mid ass platforming in the pack-in game so it's really hard for me to trust any of these numbers.

I think you'll be disappointed.

Just now, Bacon said:

I'm about to start playing in 20 minutes.

I'm seriously struggling to not buy this. The reviews are just too good to pass this up. But I know my gaming tastes and I don't think I'd finish it. 

Played the first level. It is very Nintendo-esque with the art, music, and charm. The first level isn’t huge but it’s very dense which encourages you to explore. Because of it, the world feels very lively. The controls are identical to Playroom so far. I love these type of games and so excited to play this over the weekend. 

• Hype 1

Yeah, this feels like Sony's Mario. The game is unbelievably cute. Like, just turn Astro Bot to face the camera and don't move for a sec. The Music so far is top-notch. Like, this is 100% a fun game for all ages, but I'm jealous of kids who will get to play this. I already want this dev to actually ape Mario. The movement already feels great. For real, it feel so damn good to move your character.

• Shocked 1