TRAILER FOR ASTRO MOTHERFUCKING GDAMN BOT HAS RELEASED, GAME COMES OUT SEPTEMBER 6, 2024 (09/05: reviews posted)

10 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Let's just declare this to be the official D1P 2024 GotY!

Seems like it probably has the most support here!

Rebirth is still my personal GOTY, but I wouldn't be upset with anyone giving it to Astro Bot. (To the extent that I can ever be "upset" about this kind of thing :p )

26 minutes ago, legend said:

Seems like it probably has the most support here!

Rebirth is still my personal GOTY, but I wouldn't be upset with anyone giving it to Astro Bot. (To the extent that I can ever be "upset" about this kind of thing :p )

After I finish Stellar Blade I'm playing FF7 Rebirth.

@Biggie Yes, the music is insanely good. The menu music is stuck in my head. 

• Hype 1

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

Those signs with the hole. It out in the face are they just for fun? I put my Astro Bots face in it but nothing happens. Just supposed to be cute?

Eventually you’ll unlock an in game camera you can use at those and they’ll net you coins for that. Not sure it does anything else. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Best said:

After a frustrating time with Stellar Blade and then coming to this was so relaxing.

I absolutely love Astrobot. 

I like the game too. Some of the most fun I’ve had gaming this year. But those triangle bonus levels can go die in the hottest fires of hell. Good lord. 

• Haha 2

BSKY.APP

Don't usually talk weeklies but wanted to add some context to the UK reporting from last week. Across both physical & digital, Astro Bot ranked 2nd in unit sales in the US for w/e Sept 7th (behind only NBA 2K25), and the Astro Bot DualSense was the week's best-selling accessory. Solid week 1.

Don't usually talk weeklies but wanted to add some context to the UK reporting from last week. Across both physical & digital, Astro Bot ranked 2nd in unit sales in the US for w/e Sept 7th (behind only NBA 2K25), and the Astro Bot DualSense was the week's best-selling accessory. Solid week 1.

This game is almost overwhelmingly delightful. It's replete with small touches that can't help but make you smile. Every level has so many little interactions that exist only for the vibe and it's so wonderful. I'm only through the first galaxy so far, so I'm not quite ready to declare it my GOTY, but it'll be high up on my personal list for sure. It's certainly harder to find fault with than FF7 Rebirth or Outlaws or any other big games.

• Halal 1
  • Hugs 1

4 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

This game is almost overwhelmingly delightful. It's replete with small touches that can't help but make you smile. Every level has so many little interactions that exist only for the vibe and it's so wonderful. I'm only through the first galaxy so far, so I'm not quite ready to declare it my GOTY, but it'll be high up on my personal list for sure. It's certainly harder to find fault with than FF7 Rebirth or Outlaws or any other big games.

It's going to be hard to top Rebirth for me, even though if you asked me to find improvements with one of the games, it'd be easier to talk about Rebirth since there's so much in it. But that's also something which can be said for anything big game. I can point to improvements and bugs of Baldur's Gate 3, but it's also hard to ding it strongly considering how much is in it. So I dunno; everyone will judge differently. Astro Bot definitely has enough levels and gameplay to justify $59.99, and it's an extraordinarily polished game with a lot of little bits that improve the experience, and it's an easy game to pick up and replay just because you feel like playing it.

Caveat: I don't think I've played any new games besides the Apollo Justice trilogy remaster, Rebirth, and Astro Bot (though Stellar Blade will be played sometime this year), so my opinion for GOTY is kind of worthless considering how little I've played that actually released this year. :lol: 

2 hours ago, Best said:

This is more enjoyable than Rebirth. In fact I tried to get back into Rebirth today and I was completely turned off by it. 

Unfortunately I was too. It's just too.. perky. With all the soulslikes I've been playing lately I can't do all those freeze frame high fives and forced laughs. That type of RPG has passed me by

11 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

Unfortunately I was too. It's just too.. perky. With all the soulslikes I've been playing lately I can't do all those freeze frame high fives and forced laughs. That type of RPG has passed me by

This pretty much sums up my feelings too. 

22 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Finished everything in the Gorilla Nebula

42/42 Bots   16/16 Puzzle Pieces   2/2 Secret Portals

The game is just pure fun and a great change of pace 

Also the water looks so good in this game. @Best

Nice. I have about 114 bots right now and I fought a great boss today. It took me 3 tries but it never was frustrating just pure fun.