TRAILER FOR ASTRO MOTHERFUCKING GDAMN BOT HAS RELEASED, GAME COMES OUT SEPTEMBER 6, 2024 (09/05: reviews posted)

9 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Good cuz all the in-game items you can still get in-game. I'm not sure why they are part of the DDE.

Yeah I saw the asterisk that said you had to unlock them in the game so I figured I’d just do that. 

• Halal 1

I have been playing a lot without my daughter since she has been busy with school and activities. Tonight she had some free time so we played a level. After the level, I decided to show her all the bots I have collected. She absolutely lost her mind when she saw 207 bots on the screen. I didn’t know she would have such a reaction. Wish I recorded it. 

• stepee 5
  • Hugs 1

9 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I know when you are clearing levels you get the Bots and puzzle pieces. What is the hurricane/tornado symbol? What exactly am I supposed to find to clear that?

find the secret portal in that stage

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Best said:

@Biggie How's it going?

I have 104 bots now. I made big progress this morning. 

I’m on world #4. Been going back and forth between CoD, football games, and this.  Very impressed with it though! I’ll atleast wait until tomorrow before I request a refund. 

Spoiler

:troll:

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I’m on world #4. Been going back and forth between CoD, football games, and this.  Very impressed with it though! I’ll atleast wait until tomorrow before I request a refund. 

Reveal hidden contents

One thing I haven't commented on is that the visuals are kinda incredible. 

• True 1

36 minutes ago, Best said:

One thing I haven't commented on is that the visuals are kinda incredible. 

Right?!?!  You got the same TV I do and it looks fantastic. Did you try bumping up the visual brightness setting? There is only one choice but it looks even better to me. Overall the game really captures the charm of the PlayStation world. Just like Nintendo captures theirs. It’s great. Thanks for buying it dude. 

• Hugs 1

11 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Right?!?!  You got the same TV I do and it looks fantastic. Did you try bumping up the visual brightness setting? There is only one choice but it looks even better to me. Overall the game really captures the charm of the PlayStation world. Just like Nintendo captures theirs. It’s great. Thanks for buying it dude. 

No I didn't touch any settings. I'll look for that next time I play. Yea the entire game is charming. 

9 minutes ago, nublood said:

It pleases me that this game is doing so well in contrast to Concord or that Justice League game. THIS is what gamers want. A good single player experience as opposed to live service garbage. 

It also helps that this is an absolutely delightful family game which is far too rare in this day and age.

• True 3
  • Hype 1

1 hour ago, Brian said:

I completed before moving on but you don’t have to. There is a bird after you beat a level for the first time that will help you find everything you missed for 200 coins

Is the bird easy to locate? I don’t think I’ve seen it. 

18 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Is the bird easy to locate? I don’t think I’ve seen it. 

Yea the bird is right where you begin the level in a glass cage. You break him free and he directs you to bots and collectables.

I just got finished playing more. It's simply a 10/10 masterpiece.

@Biggie I changed the setting to make it brighter and you were correct. It fuckin pops now!

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Best said:

Yea the bird is right where you begin the level in a glass cage. You break him free and he directs you to bots and collectables.

I just got finished playing more. It's simply a 10/10 masterpiece.

@Biggie I changed the setting to make it brighter and you were correct. It fuckin pops now!

Yupp 10/10. The game feels so good and looks so good. Very creative. The Astro Bot is so fluid. Finally a game that you were sure I would love actually was correct!!!!!

• stepee 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Yupp 10/10. The game feels so good and looks so good. Very creative. The Astro Bot is so fluid. Finally a game that you were sure I would love actually was correct!!!!!

Yeah I'm happy you're enjoying it. How many bots have you rescued?

I get everything in a stage before moving on. So far only near end of world 2 with 70 bots but it has been too difficult. If I miss a thing or two when you start a stage after beating it you can unlock a bird that points you the secrets and makes things really easy.

• Thanks 1
  • Halal 1

35 minutes ago, Best said:

Yeah I'm happy you're enjoying it. How many bots have you rescued?

I’ve got 29. I’m almost done clearing all the first level worlds and then I got to do what I assume is the Boss level. I love that bird. I try a few times but if I have no luck finding the secrets I just get the bird lol. The game is so freaking fun. 

4 hours ago, Biggie said:

Do you clear the entire area before moving on to the next? @Brian @Bacon @Best @nublood

I do. I simply cannot continue before I do. Like, it’s kind of a problem haha. I’ll just go back and replay the level until I find everything I’m supposed to before moving on. But yea, the little bird that helps is right at the beginning in a box that you can break. 

• Thanks 1

Stopped at 35. Going to wait and do the Boss level tomorrow morning when I’m fresh. I’m really tired. I just opened up where you can buy the collectibles. The game just keeps getting better everytime I play. I can’t get over how dang creative it is! @Best  I’ve found everything in all the levels now. 

• Hype 1