Games that were from the early era of 3D gaming, but are so good, feel like modern throw backs.

51 minutes ago, stepee said:

Time to get retroarch and a gamepad for your ipad/iphone! It’s so easy to get that game going.

The one with the actual real NFL players or the generic one?

10 minutes ago, Biggie said:

The one with the actual real NFL players or the generic one?

Whichever ones were on nes/snes/n64! You just download those same games and play them on retroarch. Like literally just google the games name you want then type archive.org.

You might actually like delta better because it’s more direct can’t mess up plug and play:

APPS.APPLE.COM

‎Delta is an all-in-one emulator for iOS. Delta builds upon the strengths of its predecessor, GBA4iOS, while expanding to include support for more game systems such as NES, SNES...

All set up is done on your phone you never need to use a pc. Same with Retroarch which does more systems but you need to dive into more menus there atm.

If you want to get really advanced you can actually play with current rosters as there is a community who updates them;

TECMOBOWL.ORG

View File Tecmo Bowl III 2024 Rosters I upgraded the rosters basically hope you enjoy!! Submitter United Crypto Submitted 01/20/2024 Category SNES

Oh that isn’t a patch that is the ready to go rom. So yeah you can download that and play Tecmo Bowl with current rosters on your phone and ipad.

Idk how we feel about linking to a file like that so I’ll let mods decide.

@Biggie

0xLLj4x.png

KkTBmfm.png

Im just showing it real quick, normally you connect a gamepad and put the phone in landscape and the overlay of the controller goes away. THOUGH delta has haptics that make it actually not too bad with touch if you are waiting at the dentist with nothing to do!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I own an original SNES with Tecmo Bowl and Tecmo Bowl III The Final Edition. But it would be cool to play with todays players. 

Well just in case download that rom on your phone or bookmark the page in case a mod delete it :P

• Halal 1

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Or just PM it to him. :p

oh so now I have to do all the work

Anyway didn’t mean to derail but it came up!

Another example:

Wave Race - the water still looks and feels great. They nailed those waves.

If 3D graphics with 2D gameplay…

i’d say Einhander for psx.. i thought it would create a bunch of like clones.. but nope….

By that same token I must be one of the few oddballs who liked MK 4s more simplistic 3D gameplay

Starfox on snes is also pretty great.. framerate can be rough but the scope and tone is great.. as is the score

F-Zero X… 60 frames, great rollercoaster track design and 30 racers…. it looked like a peak into what could be… that other devs would fill in the graphics with the skeleton nintendo set… at most we got the inferior GCN F-Zero… a solid enough follow up