California Plastic Bag Ban Plastic Bag Ban

18 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

No, but I never said savings get passed on. I said the customer always pays the costs.

Then, in the end, it was still an increase in cost to the consumer and an increase in profit for the grocery chain, which was my point :p 

• Hype 1

16 minutes ago, dualhunter said:

No car to throw them in and I don't want to carry them in my hands. Don't want to wear them as a hat either.

Don't you live in Montreal? If so in the winter just throw it in your jacket and in the summer just wear cargo shorts because it's so goddamn humid anyways.

10 hours ago, chakoo said:

Don't you live in Montreal? If so in the winter just throw it in your jacket and in the summer just wear cargo shorts because it's so goddamn humid anyways.

Yes. The pockets on cargo shorts/pants and in jackets are still pockets and that is where I put the bags when I need them.

Don't worry, stores here in Ohio will use enough plastic bags to offset the reduction from California.  I had to tell the guy at the gas station yesterday that I'm completely fine carrying the two energy drinks in my hands back to my car, that I didn't need a bag.

45 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

Don't worry, stores here in Ohio will use enough plastic bags to offset the reduction from California.  I had to tell the guy at the gas station yesterday that I'm completely fine carrying the two energy drinks in my hands back to my car, that I didn't need a bag.

Same in PA here. Just an abundance of plastic bags used basically everywhere! 

Convenient store for 2 energy drinks? Bagged!