Top 10 Gaming Disappointments of The Last 10 Years

I know two users on here that I won't mention thought Saints Row was going to be great. And then when it released they continued to say it was great even though it was a pile of shit. 

49 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

Can P.T. really be on this list? Everyone (that got to play it) loved it! So it's possible that the fact that the project it was demoing was canceled is disappointing...that's not a reflection of the quality (and initial impact) of P.T. itself, right? 

It's like saying Mega Man Legends 3 was a disappointment. It never came out...which yes, is disappointing, but we can't say for certain if it the product itself would have been disappointing.

By this logic, we could say that the Vita was a disappointment. Which isn't totally fair; the Vita was actually pretty great! The loss of its potential is disappointing, though. 

Though I suppose both the Vita and MML3 are from further back in time than 10 years, so the statute of limitations applies...

Even if PT does or does not belong on the list, the comparison to Mega Man Legends 3 is a bad comparison. Mega Man Legends 3 was a game that was announced and cancelled, which would put it on the same level of a Deep Down. PT was something you could play and a preview of something possibly good. A better comparison would be like NBA Elite. They released the demo but the game was so bad they cancelled it, but I'm sure some people were disappointed. :p

• stepee 1

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Even if PT does or does not belong on the list, the comparison to Mega Man Legends 3 is a bad comparison. Mega Man Legends 3 was a game that was announced and cancelled, which would put it on the same level of a Deep Down. PT was something you could play and a preview of something possibly good. A better comparison would be like NBA Elite. They released the demo but the game was so bad they cancelled it, but I'm sure some people were disappointed. :p

Haha, that's fair. Hell, Mega Man Legends 3 had it even worse. Capcom (or maybe rather, Inafune) had a demo planned and was *about* ready to go (I think?). But then THAT got cancelled. Both the game and even a playable DEMO was cancelled? Before either came out? Damn. :(

Is Star Citizen not on this list because any reasonable person already gave up hope more than 10 years ago? 

Also No Mans Sky was a bigger disappointment than the entire list combined. 

On 5/29/2024 at 3:07 PM, Biggie said:

Fallout 3

Do you mean Fallout 4, because Fallout 3 came out in 2008.

19 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I had pretty low expectations for pretty much all of those aside from Mass Effect Andromeda.

I really like Mass Effect Andromeda, and don’t agree with the hate that it receives. The first two Mass Effect games are my favorites, but I like Andromeda more than 3.

7 hours ago, Best said:

I know two users on here that I won't mention thought Saints Row was going to be great. And then when it released they continued to say it was great even though it was a pile of shit. 

As you know I somewhat enjoyed it, but I also don’t deny that it was disappointing. The story and characters are dumb, but the open world looks good and is well designed and the gameplay is fun. My biggest problem with it were the bugs, but it’s definitely not a pile of shit IMO. It’s just average, and not as good as the previous Saints Row games.

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, Phaseknox said:

Do you mean Fallout 4, because Fallout 3 came out in 2008.

I really like Mass Effect Andromeda, and don’t agree with the hate that it receives. The first two Mass Effect games are my favorites, but I like Andromeda more than 3.

As you know I somewhat enjoyed it, but I also don’t deny that it was disappointing. The story and characters are dumb, but the open world looks good and is well designed and the gameplay is fun. My biggest problem with it were the bugs, but it’s definitely not a pile of shit IMO. It’s just average, and not as good as the previous Saints Row games.

Also while the content is average as a whole (though fun enough) I love that city!

4 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Not a fan of the series. I know a lot of gamers enjoy them. I’m not one of them. 

That's a bit confusing since you enjoy Starfield. But to each their own. 

1 hour ago, Best said:

That's a bit confusing since you enjoy Starfield. But to each their own. 

I enjoy Bethesda games like Skyrim, ESO, Starfield. But Fallout never clicked. If I don’t enjoy the theme/story/concept then I can’t play it. 

• Halal 1

14 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

ME Andromeda was dopy as hell and the writing was terrible. But the combat and gameplay was actually pretty good. I played it all the way through.

13 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

Fallout 3 and New Vegas are a couple of my favorite games, and while I don’t like Fallout 4 quite as much I still think that it’s pretty good.

I think I might put New Vegas ahead of Fallout 3. It has a special place in my heart for certain reasons.