Circana April 2024: Stellar Blade does stellar at #1, Helldivers 2 #2, Sea of Thieves jumps to #4, Rise of the Ronin charts in Top 20, Fallout 4/76 chart, PS5 #1

From Circana, formerly NPD:

GOv6F0aboAE0LFm?format=jpg&name=medium

Helldivers 2 remains #1 best-selling game of the year despite $40 price point:

GOv6K5FbAAAdxKs?format=jpg&name=medium

Playstation:

GOv6eH4boAAnYxk?format=jpg&name=900x900

Nintendo:

GOv6qbXboAA2-4L?format=jpg&name=900x900

Xbox:

GOv6jVtaQAAqraf?format=jpg&name=900x900

From Mat Piscatella of Circana:

• Stellar Blade debuted as the best-selling premium game of April, and the #16 best-selling game of 2024 year-to-date. Stellar Blade was the only new release in April to rank among the month’s top 20 best-selling premium video games.
  • Helldivers II remains the best-selling premium game of 2024 year-to-date after placing 2nd in April, repeating its March ranking. Helldivers II held to its #2 ranking despite April dollar sales falling by more than 70% when compared to March.
  • Sea of Thieves was the 4th best-selling game of April, following its launch on PlayStation platforms during the month. The title ranked 55th on the March best-selling titles chart. Sea of Thieves was the #3 best-selling game on PlayStation platforms in April.
  • Another title that saw a strong gain on the charts thanks to its release on PlayStation platforms was Grounded, which jumped from #167 on the March best-selling titles chat to #12 in April. Grounded was the 9th best-selling game on PlayStation platforms during April.
  • Fallout games also performed strongly in April, following the debut of the Fallout television series. Fallout 4 ranked 5th on the April charts, after finishing March at #87, while Fallout 76 jumped from 159th in March to #8 in April.
  • The PlayStation Portal was the best-selling accessory in dollar sales for both April and 2024 year-to-date.

1 hour ago, Brian said:

That PS5 chart screams “Welcome Microsoft, the new largest 3rd Party Publisher”.

Basically what I was going to post. The success of Sea of Thieves and re-emergence of Fallout pretty much means it will happen. 

1 hour ago, Brian said:

That PS5 chart screams “Welcome Microsoft, the new largest 3rd Party Publisher”.

8 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Basically what I was going to post. The success of Sea of Thieves and re-emergence of Fallout pretty much means it will happen. 

If you had sent 2024 me back 10 years to 2014 me so I could tell past me that Sony and Microsoft would dominate the Playstation charts in 10 years, I'd be confused.

Doubly confused as to why future me decided that's the one thing he wanted to talk to me about.

3 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

Doubly confused as to why future me decided that's the one thing he wanted to talk to me about.

I regularly have a similar problem with my future me. He’s a fucking asshole if you ask me. 

lol yeah it’s crazy how irreverent our future selves can be. Mine came up to me yesterday while I was shaving and asked if I had any toothpaste. I pointed it and asked “for what?” and he said “the radiator” and left back through the portal

it’s like..what?

• True 1

No love for Rise of the Ronin? It's literally on ONE platform and didn't get the best reviews and still did well. This game will definitely be a cult hit. I predict it will probably be on PS+ sometime next year and even more people will discover how deep and good that game is.

• stepee 1

5 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

No love for Rise of the Ronin? It's literally on ONE platform and didn't get the best reviews and still did well. This game will definitely be a cult hit. I predict it will probably be on PS+ sometime next year and even more people will discover how deep and good that game is.

Definitely looking forward to it later this year on the pro!

6 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Rebirth sales must have fell off a cliff. Not in the sales charts and more people playing Immortals of Aveum

spacer.png

Probably because Immortals of Avenum was the PS+ game last month. I claimed it on Playstation and it's on Gamepass so I'll be playing it at some point.

38 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Probably because Immortals of Avenum was the PS+ game last month. I claimed it on Playstation and it's on Gamepass so I'll be playing it at some point.

I mean, that just addresses the Immortals of Aveum thing. :p

12 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Honestly, I'm impressed with both Ronin and Blade's positions. I really didn't know if they'd do great or not, but here we are! Two new IPs and one sequel to a smaller game that was a ton of fun but didn't set the world on fire (Helldivers). I like seeing this kind of shit!

Not too thrilled that ReBirth isn't in the top 20, but hopefully it does well longer-term as it's a great game.