State of Play this Thursday, May 30, at 6 PM ET (14 games, including PS Studios games releasing this year)

I forget what the title was named but when I tuned in it was playing. It has couch co-op and is like a Diablo type game. What was that called? Because it looked fuckin fantastic. 

53 minutes ago, stepee said:

I kinda feel they should have just let that be some 3rd party show and then done Astro Bot by itself and it would have gone down better 

That’s basically what they did the year they showed off the TLoU remake from what I recall.  Gave it to Geoff.

Just watched it.

Concord - The gameplay is the best looking thing about it, even though it's just one of those again.  Would it be one of those I'd be willing to try?  Eh, probably not.  The Guardians of the Galaxy vibes are way too heavy handed, although I prefer it to whatever Blizzard's style is these days.

Where Winds Meet - Always nice to see more Chinese games get a spotlight from Sony.  It actually looks like a real game, unlike that one game they showed off last year.  I distrust it being open world though.  And where is Lost Soul Aside already?  It’s been ages.

Ballad of Antara - Astrobot aside, the most refreshing game of the show.  But why the hell is this F2P?  Learning that just killed all my hype.  I don't want to have to grind the thing out just to see more.

Infiniti Niki - Still looks absolutely insane visually, even better than Visions of Mana.  But I'm not playing a dress up game unless somehow its good.  Previous gameplay looked pretty ho hum.

Dynasty Warriors: Origins- I could get down with it if commanding squads actually meant something, like an RTS-lite or something.

Monster Hunter Wilds - Starting to remind me of those claymation monster movies from the 70's and 80's.  Gotta be 30fps.

Silent Hill 2 - No history with the first game, but the character models are looking a little iffy.  Horror elements look better.

Astro Bot - Yes.

I thought the show was entertaining on the whole, even if it still wasn't what I want from a Sony showcase.  They've done worse in recent years, and goodness Astro Bot looks great.  But it still feels like they're waiting for a Sucker Punch to make a display or something.

Also, I find it hilarious that Fairgame$ is a no show.  Long and overdone CG trailer one year, disappears into a fog of nothingness the next.  Meanwhile the game with the few second cg trailer of a burger materializes.

17 minutes ago, johnny said:

No. I don’t even bother paying any attention to those lol. 

Ah, so this is one of your drive-by posts lol

Did you even watch this? What exactly was overwhelmingly good to make this stream better than previous SoP streams? Astrobot? I don’t believe I’ve ever complained or shit-talked one of these streams (on either side) before, and all I said was that this was the weakest in recent memory, not even that it was bad lol.

• True 1

32 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

The one that showed all the live service games like Fairgame$ and Marathon was not very compelling either.

I feel like others at least had a few games I would be looking forward to and at least one that I would be hyped for. This didn’t have anything that really appealed to me. Maybe Behemoth (the PSVR2 game shown) but that’s more of a “look, a new PSVR2 title finally!” vs “that looks amazing!” :p 
There just wasn’t that “big title” on here that I remember many of the other bigger SoPs having 

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

I feel like others at least had a few games I would be looking forward to and at least one that I would be hyped for. This didn’t have anything that really appealed to me. Maybe Behemoth (the PSVR2 game shown) but that’s more of a “look, a new PSVR2 title finally!” vs “that looks amazing!” :p 
There just wasn’t that “big title” on here that I remember many of the other bigger SoPs having 

Its pretty clear that big game was supposed to be Astro Bot.  Worked for me and a lot of people it seems.  It addresses a major release gap between Sony single player stuff in a year that was speculated to have nothing.  They managed to keep the lid on it pretty tight too, with rumors only circulating a little bit before the show.  Not even a teaser trailer at a prior showcase.  (Which last year could have really used tbh)

I still would have liked to see something more from their studios for next year.  September is still pretty early too, so they are still missing a marquee holiday release.

20 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Its pretty clear that big game was supposed to be Astro Bot.  Worked for me and a lot of people it seems.  It addresses a major release gap between Sony single player stuff in a year that was speculated to have nothing.  They managed to keep the lid on it pretty tight too, with rumors only circulating a little bit before the show.  Not even a teaser trailer at a prior showcase.  (Which last year could have really used tbh)

I still would have liked to see something more from their studios for next year.  September is still pretty early too, so they are still missing a marquee holiday release.

AstroBot just isn’t a big reveal for me, and it felt like the only first party game Sony was banking on (I’m not counting that valorant clone where they put more emphasis on the CG trailer than the actual game) :p 

6 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Ah, so this is one of your drive-by posts lol

Did you even watch this? What exactly was overwhelmingly good to make this stream better than previous SoP streams? Astrobot? I don’t believe I’ve ever complained or shit-talked one of these streams (on either side) before, and all I said was that this was the weakest in recent memory, not even that it was bad lol.

Johnny is good at just randomly jumping into threads spewing out complete nonsense then runs away for weeks at a time.