State of Play this Thursday, May 30, at 6 PM ET (14 games, including PS Studios games releasing this year)

BLOG.PLAYSTATION.COM

Live broadcast begins at 3pm PT / 6pm ET.

State of Play is back! Tune in live for updates on PS5 and PS VR2 titles, plus a look at PlayStation Studios games arriving later this year.

The 30+ minute show features 14 titles, and begins May 30 at 3pm PT / 6pm ET | May 31 12am CEST / 7am JST on YouTube, Twitch, and TikTok. See you then!

• SaysWho? changed the title to State of Play this Thursday, May 30, at 6 PM ET (14 games, including PS Studios games releasing this year)
16 minutes ago, Brian said:

Better hope Sly Copper is announced

Eh, that's not important. People had been holding his feet to the fire because he said a state of play would happen in May and they'd pester him because "hey it hasn't been announced yet" and every day is like "guess what? the month isn't over yet."

2 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

No.  GoW: Ragnarok PC is pretty exciting.

It’s cool enough and I’ll get it on sale for a replay of both games on pc in the future but it’s also a game that runs at a pretty decent IQ at like 80fps on base ps5 and since it had those unlocked modes it will by default probably be pretty high res at 120fps on the pro.

Gravity Rush 2 meanwhile exists only playable at 30fps 1080p with higher res geometry only so it’s pretty laggy and blurry and that’s the only way to play it. It would be much more of an upgrade to get that. It’s a game I want to play but not in the state it’s in so I’m waiting for either a out of left field port/patch or emulation to catch up to play it.

Of course this is what I want more as someone who owns a ps5 and already beat GOW:R, obviously someone who hasn’t played it yet or doesn’t even have a ps5 it would be more exciting. 

1 hour ago, Brian said:

If you are porting Gravity Rush 2, you might as well do a pack with the first. 

I can co-sign this! Gravity Rush remastered is also locked at 1080p which is a shame though it does at least run at 60fps on ps5.

9 hours ago, stepee said:

It’s cool enough and I’ll get it on sale for a replay of both games on pc in the future but it’s also a game that runs at a pretty decent IQ at like 80fps on base ps5 and since it had those unlocked modes it will by default probably be pretty high res at 120fps on the pro.

Gravity Rush 2 meanwhile exists only playable at 30fps 1080p with higher res geometry only so it’s pretty laggy and blurry and that’s the only way to play it. It would be much more of an upgrade to get that. It’s a game I want to play but not in the state it’s in so I’m waiting for either a out of left field port/patch or emulation to catch up to play it.

Of course this is what I want more as someone who owns a ps5 and already beat GOW:R, obviously someone who hasn’t played it yet or doesn’t even have a ps5 it would be more exciting. 

Counter-point: GoW Simpsons mod v2:

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

So is this in lieu of whatever E3 type conference they would have had, or are they going to have an even bigger/longer one in a few weeks to coincide w/ Microsoft on June 9th?

Yep, same as the past 3-4 years now where Sony didn’t do E3

• Hugs 1

On 5/29/2024 at 12:47 PM, Spork3245 said:

Okay maybe they’ll also announce PSVR2 PC support is ready 

Also I want this mostly because then I hope they port GT7 and the RE games over and then I can give my brother my current headset. 

Because now for pcvr I’m most looking forward to further progress here:

WWW.UPLOADVR.COM

ALVR for Apple Vision Pro is now available to install without the need to compile the source code, and it forwards hand tracking to SteamVR.

I’ll end up doing the vive thing if I have to maybe but I’m hoping for something more elegant like using the self tracking oculus pro controllers. I don’t want to calibrate. Playing Alyx on a 5090 later this year on the vision pro would be fucking NUTS.

Actually gamepad games you can play on vision now (I just found this out so haven’t tried yet) so GT7 PC is actually what I hope is announced the most.

5 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

That looked so good to just be another valorant type game jfc

But it’ll have new cutscenes every week! So you can learn to appreciate the bond between your character and the one played by a dipshit teen who teabags you every time you die.