Richard Dreyfuss is An Old Chud

DEADLINE.COM

After taking the stage in a housedress and, at one point, swinging his cane like a baseball bat at a Massachusetts holiday weekend screening of Jaws, Richard Dreyfuss went on to deliver a rant described by attendees as transphobic, sexist and homophobic. “This was disgusting,” posted one attendee on the Facebook page of The Cabot […]

Sigh...

Or...OR...maybe he's an old man, a bit of a curmudgeon (many have said as much) who's just of an older time & frankly doesn't give a damn about hurting people's feelings. Granted, even calling Spielberg a 'moron' is insane, but then there's my point. He's up there in age & just possibly his mental faculties aren't all firing? Either way, this "outrage" shit is just whatever man. Way worse things in this life besides an essentially out of work, elderly actor who's out of touch & has his own world views. Can we stop vilifying literally anyone & everyone who doesn't subscribe to the modern group think? 

I probably shouldn't even bother to responding to the above but there is a time and place for everything. I'm sure most of these people went to a special showing of Jaws and didn't expect to hear hate speech in front of it. They probably thought Rich Drey would have some insightful knowledge of the movie. It's not a matter of "oh grandpa doesn't know what he's talking about," he wrote a whole book about it two years ago. So he knew what he was going to say and if the people who were taking care of "grandpa" had an idea of what he was going to say they probably should have cut the act off sooner.

We need to stop giving people the benefit of the doubt because they are rich and famous. Imagine he got on stage and talked about how he loved fondling 10 year olds. You wouldn't say, "Ah he's just a curmudgeon blah blah," you would most likely be disgusted and rightfully so. When you give people like this a pass you end up with a Puff Daddy situation.

Also, another reminder to never meet your heroes.

• Halal 2

2 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I probably shouldn't even bother to responding to the above but there is a time and place for everything. I'm sure most of these people went to a special showing of Jaws and didn't expect to hear hate speech in front of it. They probably thought Rich Drey would have some insightful knowledge of the movie. It's not a matter of "oh grandpa doesn't know what he's talking about," he wrote a whole book about it two years ago. So he knew what he was going to say and if the people who were taking care of "grandpa" had an idea of what he was going to say they probably should have cut the act off sooner.

We need to stop giving people the benefit of the doubt because they are rich and famous. Imagine he got on stage and talked about how he loved fondling 10 year olds. You wouldn't say, "Ah he's just a curmudgeon blah blah," you would most likely be disgusted and rightfully so. When you give people like this a pass you end up with a Puff Daddy situation.

Also, another reminder to never meet your heroes.

It wouldn’t bother me at all. I guess cause I handle peoples opinions regardless of if they offend me or not. Sort of like this thread. Calling him a Chud.   I know what that word is code for but it doesn’t upset me to where I can’t still talk to Skillz. 

• True 1
  • Hugs 1

15 minutes ago, Biggie said:

It wouldn’t bother me at all. I guess cause I handle peoples opinions regardless of if they offend me or not. Sort of like this thread. Calling him a Chud.   I know what that word is code for but it doesn’t upset me to where I can’t still talk to Skillz. 

Thank you. 

15 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Well that's the beauty of listening to someone's opinion. You're free to be offended, upset, or not upset and people are free to respond in kind to what they think about that opinion.

Frankly, I'm quite upset at the thread title and not talking to @skillzdadirecta ever again!

4 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Well that's the beauty of listening to someone's opinion. You're free to be offended, upset, or not upset and people are free to respond in kind to what they think about that opinion.

Frankly, I'm quite upset at the thread title and not talking to @skillzdadirecta ever again!

Pussy

• True 1

Chud is used around here way too often. But I won't go any further. What Richard said is gross and I hope he gets canceled.

But on the political board the word chud is thrown around way too loosely. But again...I know the people who post here. No surprises. 

7 minutes ago, Haya Dune said:

I still don't know what a chud is, so I can't comment. :)

chud (plural chuds) (US, slang) A gross, physically unappealing person. (chiefly US, Internet slang, sometimes derogatory) A person who is on the political right or who holds socio-political views seen as reactionary.

• stepee 1

15 minutes ago, best3444 said:

chud (plural chuds) (US, slang) A gross, physically unappealing person. (chiefly US, Internet slang, sometimes derogatory) A person who is on the political right or who holds socio-political views seen as reactionary.

pulp fiction check out the big brain on brett GIF

• Haha 2
  • Halal 1

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

My daughter was running a race this past weekend. The event started with the national anthem and pledge alliance which is fine but this is a 100M race for 4 year olds. Let’s not drag this shit out. Then this grown ass man in a Boy Scout outfit starts spouting his agenda. Come on man. I want to enjoy my beer. Watch my kid run. Hit the beach afterwards and enjoy myself. I don’t want to be subjected to your fucking views because someone gave you a microphone. There is a time and a place and it ain’t Memorial Day weekend at a 4 year old race. 

Come On Biden GIF by GIPHY News

• stepee 1
  • Halal 1
  • Hugs 1

Athlete gets on Twitter to support BLM: Shut up and dribble!!!!!.

Actor who is paid to come talk about Jaws comes out in a dress, rants about blacks, gays, trans, and women and clears the room: No, no, no. Let the man speak!!!!

I feel like anyone defending this are skipping over the fact that he was so shitty that he damn near cleared the room. Not a crowd of raging liberals, not a bunch of keyboard warriors on Twitter.

Just a room full of regular Jaws fans who came to see him walked out because he was so vile.

• stepee 2
  • Halal 3

28 minutes ago, Brian said:

My daughter was running a race this past weekend. The event started with the national anthem and pledge alliance which is fine but this is a 100M race for 4 year olds. Let’s not drag this shit out. Then this grown ass man in a Boy Scout outfit starts spouting his agenda. Come on man. I want to enjoy my beer. Watch my kid run. Hit the beach afterwards and enjoy myself. I don’t want to be subjected to your fucking views because someone gave you a microphone. There is a time and a place and it ain’t Memorial Day weekend at a 4 year old race. 

Come On Biden GIF by GIPHY News

Pro Tip: Don’t have kids

• True 3

1 hour ago, Chairslinger said:

Athlete gets on Twitter to support BLM: Shut up and dribble!!!!!.

Actor who is paid to come talk about Jaws comes out in a dress, rants about blacks, gays, trans, and women and clears the room: No, no, no. Let the man speak!!!!

I feel like anyone defending this are skipping over the fact that he was so shitty that he damn near cleared the room. Not a crowd of raging liberals, not a bunch of keyboard warriors on Twitter.

Just a room full of regular Jaws fans who came to see him walked out because he was so vile.

I think we're missing something else as well.

If we're sick of outrage, shouldn't we be sick of him finding something to be outraged about at an event that was about a movie

• Halal 2

18 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I think we're missing something else as well.

If we're sick of outrage, shouldn't we be sick of him finding something to be outraged about at an event that was about a movie

How about being sick of outrage and being outraged that someone was called a Chud? 🤔

7 hours ago, SoberChef said:

Or...OR...maybe he's an old man, a bit of a curmudgeon (many have said as much) who's just of an older time & frankly doesn't give a damn about hurting people's feelings. Granted, even calling Spielberg a 'moron' is insane, but then there's my point. He's up there in age & just possibly his mental faculties aren't all firing? Either way, this "outrage" shit is just whatever man. Way worse things in this life besides an essentially out of work, elderly actor who's out of touch & has his own world views. Can we stop vilifying literally anyone & everyone who doesn't subscribe to the modern group think? 

So I'll respond here... the problem with what this CHUD did was that folks showed up just wanting to see a goddamned movie about a shark eating people. They didn't show up up to hear Dreyfuss' views on socio-political issues. I'm sure there were a fair amount of people in that audience who probably believed the same things he did... doesn't mean they necessarily wanted to hear that shit that night. If anyone bothered to read the article (this is D1P so I don't know why I expected that) the people who went to that screening were just as upset with the organizers of the event as they were with Dreyfuss if not more. And I really don't get this notion that getting pissed off at someone who says or does something vile is somehow more of problem than the vile thing itself. Being old isn't an excuse.

• True 1
  • Halal 3

6 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

So I'll respond here... the problem with what this CHUD did was that folks showed up just wanting to see a goddamned movie about a shark eating people. They didn't show up up to hear Dreyfuss' views on socio-political issues. I'm sure there were a fair amount of people in that audience who probably believed the same things he did... doesn't mean they necessarily wanted to hear that shit that night. If anyone bothered to read the article (this is D1P so I don't know why I expected that) the people who went to that screening were just as upset with the organizers of the event as they were with Dreyfuss if not more. And I really don't get this notion that getting pissed off at someone who says or does something vile is somehow more of problem than the vile thing itself. Being old isn't an excuse.

It's also important to recognize that all beliefs aren't equal, when it comes to disagreement. If I went to a Jaws screening and someone ranted for 15 minutes on the gold standard, I'd be annoyed, but whatever. If someone ranted for 15 minutes about a group of people existing is a problem, it's different. I wouldn't wait around for a Nazi to rant about Jewish people, and I wouldn't wait around for this actor to rant about trans people not existing (or his anti-black, women comments, etc). Like, there's a big difference between disagreeing on issues and what this actor did.

• stepee 1
  • True 1
  • Halal 2

1 minute ago, CitizenVectron said:

It's also important to recognize that all beliefs aren't equal, when it comes to disagreement. If I went to a Jaws screening and someone ranted for 15 minutes on the gold standard, I'd be annoyed, but whatever. If someone ranted for 15 minutes about a group of people existing is a problem, it's different. I wouldn't wait around for a Nazi to rant about Jewish people, and I wouldn't wait around for this actor to rant about trans people not existing (or his anti-black, women comments, etc). Like, there's a big difference between disagreeing on issues and what this actor did.

what she said yes GIF by TipsyElves.com

15 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

If anyone bothered to read the article (this is D1P so I don't know why I expected that)

I read it and responded in kind, said about half of what you said. Where's my "this"? :(

See that's the real reason I will never talk to you again :nottalking:

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 1