DOOM: The Dark Ages (PC/PS5/Xbox Series | 2025) - update (08/11): new details from QuakeCon

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I need to play the Doom Eternal DLC. Also need to play Wolfenstein 2. May put those in the queue.

The New Colossus is one of the more wild rides in contemporary gaming. If it's not been spoiled for you, hoo boy, stuff happens in that one.

• Haha 1
  • True 1
  • Halal 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1

1 minute ago, Kal-El814 said:

The New Colossus is one of the more wild rides in contemporary gaming. If it's not been spoiled for you, hoo boy, stuff happens in that one.

I know a particular scene you're speaking about. :]

• True 1

3 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I need to play the Doom Eternal DLC. Also need to play Wolfenstein 2. May put those in the queue.

Just be forewarned that the DOOM Eternal DLC starts with practically exponential increase in difficulty compared to the base game!

2 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

I know a particular scene you're speaking about. :]

2 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

There really are so many to choose from though.

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

True but one takes the cake imo. 

The drugs circulating in the MachineGames studios must've been exceptionally good during the pitch/development meeting for that particular scene!

• True 1

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Just be forewarned that the DOOM Eternal DLC starts with practically exponential increase in difficulty compared to the base game!

Oh I know. I started it when it first came out and got wrecked. Put it down and never went back to it. 

16 hours ago, best3444 said:

I just downloaded Doom Eternal on my OLED deck. I'll try it out later tonight. I'll have to put it on easy. 

I have no interest in trying this lol. Wasted $8

Just now, Biggie said:

Does it suck?

No it's one of the greatest fps ever. I'm just laying in bed in agony. The medication given to me isn't working so I have to wait to call an oral surgeon tomorrow morning. 

It's been 8 days since I ate. I'm starving with 0 energy. 

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

There are actually 4 of them. 

4? The new ones? I know there was that Young Bloods game but I thought that was a standalone DLC for New Colossus. 

2 hours ago, Brick said:

4? The new ones? I know there was that Young Bloods game but I thought that was a standalone DLC for New Colossus. 

All were stand alone games. 

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus 

Wolfenstein: Youngbloods

The Old Blood and Youngbloods were slightly less ambitious than the other two games. 

14 minutes ago, Brick said:

Does anything? :raisedbrow:

I comment because while they're both successful boomer shooter reboots they succeeded in very different ways. To answer the question Ultrakill is a great game that shares a lot of DNA with DOOM and is definitely the best indie boomer shooter I've played.

6 hours ago, best3444 said:

Holy shit. I just played like 10 minutes of Doom Eternal on my OLED deck and it is so fuckin badass. I'm downloading it now on my Series X. 

If that gets too tough for you, check out Rage 2. Looks good, greact action and not as hard. Would be like Mad Max, Doom and Fallout had a baby.

7 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

If that gets too tough for you, check out Rage 2. Looks good, greact action and not as hard. Would be like Mad Max, Doom and Fallout had a baby.

I had it on the easiest difficulty but obviously didn't get far enough to really test my skills. 

Is Rage 2 on gamepass? I just looked it up and it seems dope. 

Just now, best3444 said:

I had it on the easiest difficulty but obviously didn't get far enough to really test my skills. 

Is Rage 2 on gamepass? I just looked it up and it seems dope. 

It should be. It's a Bethesda game. It was great but I got a gamebreaking glitch at the end that kept me from finishing the game so be warned.

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

It should be. It's a Bethesda game. It was great but I got a gamebreaking glitch at the end that kept me from finishing the game so be warned.

Ok I'm going to check now. I honestly never really heard of this game which is shocking I know. 

22 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Ok I'm going to check now. I honestly never really heard of this game which is shocking I know. 

The first Rage came out right around the time Fallout 3 did and was overshadowed by that. Wasn't a bad game but was seen as a dissappointment. Second game is much improved over the first. I believe these guys helped out with the combat mechanics for Starfield. i could be wrong though.

5 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

The first Rage came out right around the time Fallout 3 did and was overshadowed by that. Wasn't a bad game but was seen as a dissappointment. Second game is much improved over the first. I believe these guys helped out with the combat mechanics for Starfield. i could be wrong though.

I'm downloading it now. Thanks for the heads up.