McDonald's getting rid of soda machines, free refills

3 hours ago, Chris- said:

McDonald's breakfast/coffee are S-tier in terms of fast food breakfast, that is an undeniable fact.

Hardee's is better for just breakfast, that is an undeniable fact.

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Now I want McDonald's but I haven't eaten in 6 days. Heading to the hospital now for my tounge. Pain 1-10.. a 15

I would say get a milkshake but we all know how that goes:

Good luck 

sad cry GIF by Music Choice

• Hugs 1

25 minutes ago, Ominous said:

In the amount of time it takes to sit in the drive through in the morning you can cook eggs and potatoes at home. If you are incompetent at setting an alarm make some overnight oats the night before. Breakfast is hands down the dumbest food to get at a restaurant because it's easily the cheapest and easiest to make at home. 

Your drive thrus are whack

• True 2

19 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Hardee's is better for just breakfast, that is an undeniable fact.

I had a Hardee's near my last job. It is extremely tasty but very pricey. I never tried their breakfast but I wouldn't doubt it's really good. 

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I had a Hardee's near my last job. It is extremely tasty but very pricey. I never tried their breakfast but I wouldn't doubt it's really good. 

I just love the sausage gravy. Get a biscuit and gravy, or hashrounds and gravy and you'll be in for a treat, imo. And if you like chocolate milk, make that your drink of choice with the meal (they don't sell it). And Hardee's has WAY better breakfast biscuit sandwiches. Their biscuits are of a higher quality.

• Halal 1

29 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I just love the sausage gravy. Get a biscuit and gravy, or hashrounds and gravy and you'll be in for a treat, imo. And if you like chocolate milk, make that your drink of choice with the meal (they don't sell it). And Hardee's has WAY better breakfast biscuit sandwiches. Their biscuits are of a higher quality.

God I'm starving. 

2 hours ago, Ominous said:

In the amount of time it takes to sit in the drive through in the morning you can cook eggs and potatoes at home. If you are incompetent at setting an alarm make some overnight oats the night before. Breakfast is hands down the dumbest food to get at a restaurant because it's easily the cheapest and easiest to make at home. 

What are you even talking about?  If in less than five minutes you can brew coffee, scramble eggs, fry bacon, toast an English muffin, melt cheese, AND deep fry a hash brown, I would love to see video evidence.  Oh, and don’t forget to factor in cleaning all that up at the same time.  

I won’t argue that it isn’t cheaper in the long run to make all of this stuff at home, but it’s a larger up front investment that pays off over time.  But outside of apocalyptic wait times or significant detours, you are never going to come out on top time wise. 

• Thanks 1
  • True 1

4 hours ago, MarSolo said:

Hilariously enough, I’m never tempted to go back and get a refill even after the movie is over.

If you go to the a movie theater with a Freestyle machine and you're not edging renal failure and kidney stones by the time you've left, what are you even doing with your life?

• stepee 1
  • True 3
  • Halal 1

52 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

If you go to the a movie theater with a Freestyle machine and you're not edging renal failure and kidney stones by the time you've left, what are you even doing with your life?

Too soon, too soon.

• Hugs 1

Fast food has hit a point where it's not really much cheaper than going to a restaurant, so what's the point? $10 used to be enough at Taco Bell to feed me for a whole day if I was in a pinch, now Taco Bell is actually more expensive than my local taqueria that actually serves real food.

In some cases, your local dive bar/diner will sell food at a comparable price point to McDonalds, only it's like actual food. The dive bar I work at actually sells some food at a loss because the food is really only there to keep people drinking and gambling - they're not too fussed about making money on the food itself.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

1 hour ago, LazyPiranha said:

What are you even talking about?  If in less than five minutes you can brew coffee, scramble eggs, fry bacon, toast an English muffin, melt cheese, AND deep fry a hash brown, I would love to see video evidence.  Oh, and don’t forget to factor in cleaning all that up at the same time.  

I won’t argue that it isn’t cheaper in the long run to make all of this stuff at home, but it’s a larger up front investment that pays off over time.  But outside of apocalyptic wait times or significant detours, you are never going to come out on top time wise. 

13 minutes to airfry the potatoes is the longest part of making breakfast. Coffee is the quickest. Scrambling the eggs under 10. The drive through during the morning commute is out to the street, a lot longer than a 5 minute wait. And then are you eating in your car, or are you eating cold mcgarbage 40 minutes later at work? 

1 egg, 4 servings egg whites, 2 servings frozen diced potatoes in the air fryer, and a cup of non fat Greek yogurt.  Not about to put McDonald's into my body lol. 

• Halal 1

I can barely eat anything in the morning. I only very rarely have a nibble of say leftover turkey just to give me an energy boost to start my workday. Food just doesn’t taste right yet and has been like this since I was a kid. If I do, my goto is this bagel place up the street from me. Love me a good BLT on a toasted jalapeño cheddar bagel (or an everything bagel)  Along with either a mayo or (sorry folks) garlic aioli sauce. 

40 minutes ago, Ominous said:

13 minutes to airfry the potatoes is the longest part of making breakfast. Coffee is the quickest. Scrambling the eggs under 10. The drive through during the morning commute is out to the street, a lot longer than a 5 minute wait. And then are you eating in your car, or are you eating cold mcgarbage 40 minutes later at work? 

1 egg, 4 servings egg whites, 2 servings frozen diced potatoes in the air fryer, and a cup of non fat Greek yogurt.  Not about to put McDonald's into my body lol. 

My commute to the office (when I decide to go in) is a 5 minute car ride or a 20 min walk/train ride, you talking 40 minutes? Skill issue bro. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Chris- said:

My commute to the office (when I decide to go in) is a 5 minute car ride or a 20 min walk/train ride, you talking 40 minutes? Skill issue bro. 

I don't want to live in Detroit, so I commute 2 or 3 days a week. If it was a 20 minute walk I'd never drive.

3 hours ago, Ominous said:

I don’t eat fast food breakfast unless I’m on the road, that’s not the issue.  Even if we take 13 minutes as the longest part of your routine and assume you do everything else in the time it takes the potatoes to cook, that’s still probably longer than even a long drive through wait in the morning.  They’re slinging these things like clockwork and it’s a limited menu.  You’re also still ignoring the time it takes you to clean everything after yourself.  Besides if we’re going to compare apples to lawnmowers, someone can deepthroat a banana and have no caffeine in less time than it takes for me to take a morning piss, were comparing prep time of comparable meals.  

I’m not saying fast food breakfast is the better tasting choice, the healthier choice, or the cheapest choice, but if your getting an actual cooked meal it’s almost always going to be faster.

• Hype 1

8 hours ago, LazyPiranha said:

I’m not saying fast food breakfast is the better tasting choice, the healthier choice, or the cheapest choice, but if your getting an actual cooked meal it’s almost always going to be faster.

I can't remember the last time I went through a drive through in the morning, but the line at McDonald's or Starbucks is always blocking traffic in the street in the morning. I'm not sure anyone is getting through that line in 10 minutes.  At the end of the day it's not a time issue, it's a "I'm lazy" issue and people don't like / don't know how to cook for themselves. If I "didn't have time" I'd just wake up earler....says the guy with a 4:10 AM alarm on a Sunday to go running ;p 

I generally agree that breakfast is the worst meal to eat out for as it’s rarely not something you can’t make at home fairly easily. McDonalds breakfast is probably the best one in a pinch IMO as egg mcmuffins macros are pretty innocuous.

However, there are definitely places for breakfast that are worth going to, but more for a “rare occasion” and definitely not regularly. There’s a Brazilian Steak House near me that does a Sunday breakfast/brunch, like $70/person ($45/person just 4 years ago :sadsun:), all you can eat: lobster tails + claws, omelette/eggs benedict station, waffle station, chocolate fountain, 8 meat cuts being walked around (beef tenderloin, sirloin, bacon wrapped chicken, salmon, Brazilian style sausage, lamb, beef ribs, pineapple ham), shrimps, breakfast pastries, and all the breakfast norms (eggs, hash browns, bacon, sausage patties, french toast, pancakes, etc). Easily one of my favorite restaurants. 

Then there’s this place called “Brownstone Pancake Factory” that I found via instagram a couple years ago which is 1000000000% a once-per-year “I’ll take my dad for Father’s Day” type of place or I’ll have diabetes:

Spoiler

IMG-8885.jpg
IMG-8886.jpg
IMG-8887.jpg
IMG-8888.jpg
IMG-8889.jpg
IMG-8890.jpg
IMG-8891.jpg
IMG-8892.jpg
IMG-8893.jpg

IMG-8894.jpg
IMG-8895.jpg

^^^
Definitely not making ANY of that at home. :p 

31 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Then there’s this place called “Brownstone Pancake Factory” that I found via instagram a couple years ago which is 1000000000% a once-per-year “I’ll take my dad for Father’s Day” type of place or I’ll have diabetes:

Reveal hidden contents

IMG-8885.jpg
IMG-8886.jpg
IMG-8887.jpg
IMG-8888.jpg
IMG-8889.jpg
IMG-8890.jpg
IMG-8891.jpg
IMG-8892.jpg
IMG-8893.jpg

IMG-8894.jpg
IMG-8895.jpg