UK General Election Thread - update (07/04): Labour landslide victory with 412 seats to 121 for the Tories

• 2 weeks later...

Final YouGov MRP shows Labour on course for historic election victory

Labour: 431 (+229 from GE2019 result)
Con: 102 (-263)
Lib Dem: 72 (+61)
SNP: 18 (-30)
Reform UK: 3 (+3)
Plaid: 3 (-1)
Green: 2 (+1)

Fieldwork: 19 June - 2 July

GRktugbaYAALB4N?format=jpg&name=900x900

Our final call vote share, based on our MRP, is...

Labour: 39%
Conservative: 22%
Reform UK: 15%
Lib Dem: 12%
Green: 7%
SNP: 3%
Plaid: 1%
Other: 2%

Our MRP lower and upper seat estimates are as follows:

Labour: 391-466
Conservative: 78-129
Lib Dem: 57-87
SNP: 8-34
Reform UK: 0-14
Plaid: 1-4
Green: 1-4

GRkubFdakAAElOB?format=jpg&name=small

• Halal 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to UK General Election Thread (July 4) - update (07/03): final YouGov poll indicates "historic" victory for Labour
8 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

I just find it interesting that the UK is about to shift to the left, while the rest of Europe is swinging to the right.  

God forbid one country in this world this year isn't swinging towards far-right fascism.

9 hours ago, marioandsonic said:

God forbid one country in this world this year isn't swinging towards far-right fascism.

Its as if all the far right folks across the globe got together and decided to work together to initiate their endgame… like DCs Secret Society of villains..

Brexit was successful because the proponents of the initiative made it about immigration.  The current right wing swing in mainland Europe is largely driven by... immigration.

I like immigration and I think it should be easier to accomplish.  I also recognize that it is a losing issue especially after years of relatively unchecked immigration.  With Germany, France, and other euro countries allowing so many immigrants from the middle east and Africa, the governments turned the population against what should have been a noble thing to do.

• True 2

20 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

I just find it interesting that the UK is about to shift to the left, while the rest of Europe is swinging to the right.  

When you’ve been stuck with it for 14 years and it’s massively fucked up everything on its own accord, it’s not a hard shift to make. That said, this will be my 3rd general election voting labour. Next time, I’m assuming Green, unless labour swing a bit more away from the centre.

1 hour ago, gamer.tv said:

When you’ve been stuck with it for 14 years and it’s massively fucked up everything on its own accord, it’s not a hard shift to make. That said, this will be my 3rd general election voting labour. Next time, I’m assuming Green, unless labour swing a bit more away from the centre.

Omg you’re going to vote for the Hightowers next time?!

18 minutes ago, Siebzehn said:

Hm disappointing if that's the results 

I think the more interesting aspect of the predicted numbers will be which conservative MPs lose their jobs. With the view of the country, a lot of the front bench could be gone.

• True 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to UK General Election Thread - update (07/04): Labour landslide victory with 410 seats to 131 for the Tories
5 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I mean, it's still a massive, massive landslide. It's like the Democrats winning 66 seats in the Senate and 355 seats in the House.

Agreed, also talking about Green and Lib Dem results though. Wasn't optimistic but was hoping for a bit better