The Rock Starring in Benny Safdie's, THE SMASHING MACHINE, A24 Film About MMA Fighter Mark Kerr

10 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Damn The Rock looks like a whole different person. I wonder if they are enhancing that makeup job with cgi?

My question is did he bulk down because of the role? Seems maybe so? 🤔

It's been *checks notes* . . . 11 years since Pain & Gain (2013), the last movie Dwayne Johnson attempted to actually stretch his acting chops. Before that it was The Other Guys in 2010 maybe? Get Smart in 2008? Unless Moana counts maybe? He's been coasting on bad action blockbusters for so long it will be nice to see him in a real role. He's been nuking his reputation the past few years so I assume this is a considered move on his part. Hard to believe the dude is 52 years old now. I even miss the small action films he used to do like The Rundown, Walking Tall, Faster and Snitch. The two Jumanji films were fun and funny at least, I haven't seen Jungle Cruise but it's the same director as those so I imagine it's about the same as those. I mean Hercules? Central Intelligence? Rampage? San Andreas? Baywatch? Red Notice? Black Adam? Yikes. At least Hobbs & Shaw was fun, thanks to that being directed by David Leitch. But no real acting in any of those by Dwayne Johnson.

35 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

It's been *checks notes* . . . 11 years since Pain & Gain (2013), the last movie Dwayne Johnson attempted to actually stretch his acting chops. Before that it was The Other Guys in 2010 maybe? Get Smart in 2008? Unless Moana counts maybe? He's been coasting on bad action blockbusters for so long it will be nice to see him in a real role. He's been nuking his reputation the past few years so I assume this is a considered move on his part. Hard to believe the dude is 52 years old now. I even miss small action films he used to do like Faster or Snitch. The two Jumanji films were fun and funny at least, I haven't seen Jungle Cruise but it's the same director as those so I imagine it's about the same as those. I mean Hercules? Central Intelligence? Rampage? San Andreas? Baywatch? Red Notice? Black Adam? Yikes. At least Hobbs & Shaw was fun, thanks to that being directed by David Leitch. But no real acting in any of those by Dwayne Johnson.

I read Snitch as Snatch and spent like 10 minutes trying to think who the hell The Rock played in Snatch.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

It's been *checks notes* . . . 11 years since Pain & Gain (2013), the last movie Dwayne Johnson attempted to actually stretch his acting chops. Before that it was The Other Guys in 2010 maybe? Get Smart in 2008? Unless Moana counts maybe? He's been coasting on bad action blockbusters for so long it will be nice to see him in a real role. He's been nuking his reputation the past few years so I assume this is a considered move on his part. Hard to believe the dude is 52 years old now. I even miss small action films he used to do like Faster or Snitch. The two Jumanji films were fun and funny at least, I haven't seen Jungle Cruise but it's the same director as those so I imagine it's about the same as those. I mean Hercules? Central Intelligence? Rampage? San Andreas? Baywatch? Red Notice? Black Adam? Yikes. At least Hobbs & Shaw was fun, thanks to that being directed by David Leitch. But no real acting in any of those by Dwayne Johnson.

Wow. Are you really suggesting that Tooth Fairy wasn't snubbed at the Oscars?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I read Snitch as Snatch and spent like 10 minutes trying to think who the hell The Rock played in Snatch.

He's in Be Cool, which is like Snatch-lite, so that's something. :p That'd be crazy if he were in that movie though. In Be Cool The Rock is at least actually trying to play a character and doing pretty well in a pretty mediocre film.

21 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Wow. Are you really suggesting that Tooth Fairy wasn't snubbed at the Oscars?

I'm suggesting the true snub at the Oscars was for Race to Witch Mountain. Or was it The Game Plan? Both were worthy. Tooth Fairy isn't even as good as Vin Diesel's The Pacifier, come at me. :talkhand: