'Never Let Go' - Alexandre Aja's Next Feature w/ Halle Berry: Sept 20th, 2024

• SoberChef changed the title to 'Never Let Go' - Alexandre Aja's Next Feature w/ Halle Berry: Sept 20th, 2024

This guy makes a lot of okay mid-tier films but can't say he's ever broken through to make something good. Like a slightly better Eli Roth. I mean, The Hills Have Eyes remake? Mirrors? Piranha 3D? Horns? The 9th Life of Louis Drax? Crawl? Oxygen was alright and High Tension is probably his best film but that's about it.

32 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

This guy makes a lot of okay mid-tier films but can't say he's ever broken through to make something good. Like a slightly better Eli Roth. I mean, The Hills Have Eyes remake? Mirrors? Piranha 3D? Horns? The 9th Life of Louis Drax? Crawl? Oxygen was alright and High Tension is probably his best film but that's about it.

P2 was good

winning independence day GIF by IFC

3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

P2 was good

He didn't direct P2, he only wrote it along with two others (one being the director). I haven't seen it but RT and IMDb both scored it pretty bad so I'm gonna say no. I'd probably credit that movie either way to the co-writer and director first and foremost. Aja's directing this movie, so what Aja has directed in the past matters more here than what he only wrote in the past but didn't direct. And there's already a huge filmography of directed works of his to pull from, don't even need to go to his written only works.