Ready for More Happy Gilmore? Happy Gilmore 2 Has Been Ordered by Netflix

Because legacy comedy sequels typically turn out so well. Anchorman 2, Zoolander 2, Coming 2 America, Space Jam 2 and Super Troopers 2 were all pretty terrible for recent examples of bad legacy comedy sequels. I didn't even like Joe Dirt but apparently Joe Dirt 2 is far worse, but I haven't seen it. It's hard to do a good comedy sequel when striking the iron while it's still hot, legacy comedy sequels are that much harder to pull off. I haven't seen it but based on aggregate review scores it seems like Bill & Ted Face the Music was well received to some degree and that's probably the best of this bunch (seems like RottenTomatoes liked it a good bit more than IMDb; a rare RT vs. IMDb split as opposed to the usual critics vs. audiences split). Point is, I have little faith this will be good as a result (obviously depending on who is writing and directing).

• stepee 1
  • True 1

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

Because legacy comedy sequels typically turn out so well. Anchorman 2, Zoolander 2, Coming 2 America, Space Jam 2, were all pretty terrible for recent examples of bad legacy comedy sequels. I didn't even like Joe Dirt but apparently Joe Dirt 2 is far worse, but I haven't seen it. It's hard to do a good comedy sequel when striking the iron while it's still hot, legacy comedy sequels are that much harder to pull off. I haven't seen it but based on aggregate review scores it seems like Bill & Ted Face the Music was well received to some degree and that's probably the best of this bunch (seems like RottenTomatoes liked it a good bit more than IMDb; a rare RT vs. IMDb split versus the usual critics vs. audiences split). Point is, I have little faith this will be good as a result (obviously depending on who is writing and directing).

Plus you know Sandler is gonna put Rob Schneider in it. 

• True 1

On 5/15/2024 at 2:59 PM, Greatoneshere said:

Because legacy comedy sequels typically turn out so well. Anchorman 2, Zoolander 2, Coming 2 America, Space Jam 2, were all pretty terrible for recent examples of bad legacy comedy sequels. I didn't even like Joe Dirt but apparently Joe Dirt 2 is far worse, but I haven't seen it. It's hard to do a good comedy sequel when striking the iron while it's still hot, legacy comedy sequels are that much harder to pull off. I haven't seen it but based on aggregate review scores it seems like Bill & Ted Face the Music was well received to some degree and that's probably the best of this bunch (seems like RottenTomatoes liked it a good bit more than IMDb; a rare RT vs. IMDb split versus the usual critics vs. audiences split). Point is, I have little faith this will be good as a result (obviously depending on who is writing and directing).

Yeah, well, did you think about... uh... hmm. Scans Plex server No, no, not that one, definitely not that one, hmmm.

I actually thought Dumb and Dumber To was okay because my expectations were so rock bottom that when it barely rised above rock bottom I was like oh okay.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Just further proof that @Greatoneshere is a know it all jerk that doesn't even know what he's talking about! :nottalking:

I totally forgot about Borat, I'll definitely give you that one, but that is a great example of the exception proving the rule. Also, the other three you mentioned aren't legacy comedy sequels. Those came out within 5 years of their previous movie. Just further proof Keyser_Soze doesn't read posts carefully or check his own examples! :nottalking: I even emphasized legacy in my previous post with italics. :p 

• Shocked 1

I really don't see what story Happy Gilmore has left to tell.

I loved the original and I tend to be up for this stuff even if it's just dumb fun but every angle I look at for how they could add to the story just seems to put a damper on what was a pretty nice, wrapped up ending for Happy.

Maybe they could do some kind of buddy cop team up between him and Shooter where they are forced to play together? 

Bob Barker is gone, Chubs is dead in real life and the story. Grandma is gone. I am sure they won't have his love interest from the original back.

So Shooter is really the only original they have any opportunity to do anything with for the sequel....

On 5/18/2024 at 5:15 AM, Chairslinger said:

So Shooter is really the only original they have any opportunity to do anything with for the sequel....

RON SCHNEIDER IS...

A GOLF CLUB

• Haha 1

On 5/18/2024 at 8:15 AM, Chairslinger said:

I really don't see what story Happy Gilmore has left to tell.

I loved the original and I tend to be up for this stuff even if it's just dumb fun but every angle I look at for how they could add to the story just seems to put a damper on what was a pretty nice, wrapped up ending for Happy.

Maybe they could do some kind of buddy cop team up between him and Shooter where they are forced to play together? 

Bob Barker is gone, Chubs is dead in real life and the story. Grandma is gone. I am sure they won't have his love interest from the original back.

Outlandish Chubs prequel in the form of The Princess Bride and The Neverending Story as told by Happy to his son. Michael B Jordan can upgrade from playing the illegitimate son of Carl Weathers to a young Carl Weathers.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...