Rock the Vote '24: update (10/14) - Harris to be interviewed by Fox News on Wednesday

On 10/19/2024 at 5:19 PM, 5timechamp said:

The propaganda messaging must be extremely effective. Im curious to see how much the people who swear off certain media sources because “fake news”, “Disney go woke.. go broke” truly mean it and dont just use that phrasing for incendiary social media talk but as an actual way of life

I can tell you it happens in real life.

Donald McDonald and his Fry kids may decide to Hamburglar our country away.. we Grimace at the thought

WWW.PRRI.ORG

Political divisions deepen, with concerning support for political violence and election denial WASHINGTON (October 16, 2024)— As the United States stands on the brink of a deeply divisive presidential election...

• Guillotine 2

46 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

Donald McDonald and his Fry kids may decide to Hamburglar our country away.. we Grimace at the thought

WWW.PRRI.ORG

Political divisions deepen, with concerning support for political violence and election denial WASHINGTON (October 16, 2024)— As the United States stands on the brink of a deeply divisive presidential election...

Only 1 in 4 specifically Trump supporters say that? That's actually... kind of good. If it was specifically Trump supporters, I'd assume the number would be like 75%.

3 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

Or 25% of Republicans are traitors and we have a major issue in this shit hole. 

Well, we already knew that, but it's 25% of Trump supporters, which should be a smaller number than 25% of Republicans... in theory. But I assumed that we had a much more major issue in this shit hole!

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, 5timechamp said:

WWW.PRRI.ORG

He’s going to do this regardless everyone knows it. 

• True 1

3 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

He’s going to do this regardless everyone knows it. 

I don't even know how they think he'd have a path to "assume office" if he lost. He has literally no power, he's just some fat schlub. This was a much scarier prospect when he was already in office, and even then he couldn't do it.

• True 2
  • Halal 1

34 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

I don't even know how they think he'd have a path to "assume office" if he lost. He has literally no power, he's just some fat schlub. This was a much scarier prospect when he was already in office, and even then he couldn't do it.

Supreme Court and trying to find ways to get votes thrown out. They've been prepping to do this for 4 years, let's not think they won't be better at it this time.

I'm not saying he'll absolutely succeed, btw, but let's not be naive about it either.

• True 2

It could just be hopium, but I have to believe that given all the seeming enthusiasm and fundamental polling on how people view the two, that polls are currently underestimating Harris (particularly failing to capture new voters, especially young women):

APNORC.ORG

Although 62% consider the national economy in bad shape, there has been an improvement in the public's view of the economy since last year.

C7uYmIQ.png

It's the largest gap in favourability in Presidential polling, apparently. Like, it has to mean something, in terms of how late-breaking undecideds will flip (which worked against Clinton in 2016).

• Hugs 1
  • Hype 1

For a further supply of hopium that will not make you any less terrified of what could happen in two weeks but may numb you for a bit, (and give you a sort-of-plausible excuse to ignore the negative polling) here’s irrepressible dem optimist Simon Rosenberg’s take on things:

Happy Saturday all. The VP and her campaign have had another good week. She is vigorously barnstorming the battlegrounds, drawing huge crowds. She is wrapping up a two week long media blitz that allowed her to talk to audiences of all kinds, ranging from Call Her Daddy and Charlamagne tha God to 60 Minutes and Fox News. Barack Obama, Bill Clinton, Michelle Obama, Governor Walz, Doug Emhoff, Gwen Walz and Republican for Harris surrogates are hitting states and media markets where she is isn’t, allowing the campaign to be in many places at once, bringing enormous intensity to the election just as early voting takes off and folks really tune in.

It’s been great to see the huge early vote in Georgia and North Carolina. Hopefully the news coverage of so many people so enthusiastically voting will encourage others to do so across the country. Now that we are getting so many people voting I will be diving into the early vote data a bit more in coming days. While we should be encouraged by what we see so far, Republicans are voting in higher numbers at this point than 2020 in many places, something we knew would happen as Rs are no longer actively dissuading their voters to vote early (listen to Trump below). We should be encouraged by what we are seeing but it is a dogfight out there. All indications are that this is going to be a close election and we just have to keep making every day a good day, and leave it all out there on the playing field, together. 

I think the most significant thing that happened this week is that Trump’s erratic performances, cancelling of events and clear fatigue and diminishment became the biggest story in the election. The Vice President and her campaign did a very good job seizing the opportunity his repeated stumbles offered, and are now driving this new national narrative about Trump clearly being unable to do the job.

[some videos to prove the case]

Last Sunday I talked to a prominent political operative who told me that concerns about Trump’s erratic performances and clear diminishment - his ability to do the job - were beginning to show up in focus groups, frequently, unprompted. In other words, Trump’s repeated stumbles this week are going to be a very serious problem for him in the home stretch of the campaign, and the campaign has been smart to lean in hard on what we’ve all seen with our own eyes. 

Yet another strong week for us and yet another bad week for them are even more reasons why with a little more than two weeks to go I would much rather be us than them. 

Red Waving And Hacking The Polling Averages - I’ve written to you about the return of red wave polling this year on Sept 26th, Sept 29th and Oct 5th. In that last post I wrote: 

As I wrote in my last look at this rancid project, it is time for those who analyze polls to start acknowledging that there is now a third type of poll - the red wave, right-aligned narrative polling that only exist for a single purpose - to move the polling averages to the right. They are exploiting the “toss it in the averages and everything will work out philosophy” of these sites to once again launder these polls and game the averages - and thus our understanding of the election. Party leaders should expect them to keep these polls coming, and keep working the averages until it looks like Trump is winning in all polling averages. It is what they did in 2022, and it worked. They are doing it again this time, and once again it is working as the averages are moving and everyone is treating this movement like an organic rather than a deeply corrupt process.

Since late August more than 70 right-aligned polls have been dropped into the polling averages. The two states that have been worked the hardest are North Carolina and Pennsylvania. In October of the 27 Presidential polls released in Pennsylvania, 16 are from right-aligned pollsters, a majority. Since August 31st of the 41 Presidential polls released in North Carolina, 21, a majority have home come from right aligned pollsters. 

At least 31 right-aligned pollsters and sponsoring organizations have released polls in the last 7 weeks: 

American Greatness, American Pulse Research and Polling, Daily Mail, co/efficent, Cygnal, Echelon, Emerson, Fabrizio, Fox News, Hunt Research, Insider Advantage, J.L. Partners, McLaughlin, Mitchell Communications, Napolitan Institute, Noble Predictive, On Message, Orbital Digital, Public Opinion Strategies, Quantus, Rasmussen, Redfield & Wilton, Remington, RMG, SoCal Data, The Telegraph, TIPP, Trafalgar, Victory Insights, University of Austin, and The Wall Street Journal. 

There is also a case to be made that HarrisX should be counted, as its lead, Mark Penn, actively worked against Joe Biden and the Democrats earlier this year. ActiVote, AtlasIntel and FocalData polls were not counted in either category. 

The red wave campaign this year is on a much greater scale than 2022. It started much earlier, has many more actors and has produced far more polling. It needed to be bigger for in general election years there is more polling. So to move the averages more polls were needed, and they got to work earlier doing so. And this is important. In 2022 the campaign began late, in mid-October. They had less time to move the averages so their polls were often 3-4 points to the right of the polling as they needed these bigger margins to move the averages in a shorter time period. This time, because they started earlier and are producing more polls their polls are often only 1-2 points to the right of the polling average or independent polls. They are working the averages more carefully this time, over using the time and volume to move them gradually so the op is not as crude and as easy to see as last time. If Harris leads by 2.5 points and you drop 5 polls showing the race tied or her ahead by 1 or even 2 points the averages moves and it looks like she is losing altitude. 

Consider this Tweet from one of the top analysts at 538. It is part of a thread referring to what was a very junky PA poll by TIPP. 

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.ama

So here is 538 admitting that even something they consider a bad poll could move the average in PA by a tenth of a point. OK, red wave pollsters say, got it. Appreciate the tip! So I just need to produce more polls to move the average by a meaningful amount. Which is what they’ve done. If each of these polls moves the average by a tenth of a point then 16 of them in October in PA could have moved the average by 1.6 points - and poof a Harris lead becomes a tied race.

The red wave 2024 campaign also includes a major new entrant, Polymarket, an off-shore crypto-based betting market whose lead investor is Peter Thiel, former business partner to Elon Musk and primary political patron of JD Vance. Polymarket is buying product placement on sites and with influencers for their 2024 American election results even though NO AMERICAN CAN LEGALLY PARTICIPATE IN PROCESS THAT DETERMINES THE DATA. Polymarket is everywhere. Harry Enten higlights their data on CNN. Right wing influencers pump Polymarket maps showing Trump “winning” everyday. Nate Silver is an advisor to Polymarket. Elon and Twitter of course are pumping this stuff, hard. 

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.ama

The Wall Street Journal had a major pieceon Polymarket yesterday, writing: 

Over the past two weeks, the chances of a Trump victory in the November election have surged on Polymarket, a crypto-based prediction market. Its bettors were giving Trump a 60% chance of winning on Friday, while Harris’s chances were 40%. The candidates were in a dead heat at the start of October. 

Trump’s gains on Polymarket have cheered his supporters, and they have been followed by the odds shifting in Trump’s favor in other betting markets. Elon Musk flagged Trump’s growing lead on Polymarket to his 200 million X followers on Oct. 6, praising the concept of betting markets. “More accurate than polls, as actual money is on the line,” Musk posted.

But the surge might be a mirage manufactured by a group of four Polymarket accounts that have collectively pumped about $30 million of crypto into bets that Trump will win. 

There is no end to the fuckery. And of course Trump is now not just lying about leading in the polls he is citing this rancid Polymarket campaign as proof of his electoral “strength:” 

Finally, while the red wave campaign has largely focused on state polls, this week it started focusing on the national polling averages. TIPP launched a daily poll tracker which will be able to be used to push down the averages every day. Yesterday 4 right-aligned national polls dropped, and the 538 national poll average went from 2.6 Harris to 2.1 in 48 hours. This movement then tipped the 538 forecast to Trump, and if they keep working it all averages and forecasts will very soon show Trump winning the election and the national narrative will change. 

As I am running out of space, a few final points: 1) yes the media and Democrats should be talking about this more, and electoral analysts need to be far more honest about what is going on 2) yes it is likely that red waved maps showing Trump winning will be used as a central argument for him to contest the election. And yes therefore we should be challening all this a bit more forcefully 3) all this bs and fuckery is why we just have to put our heads down, keep working hard and ignore the noise. It is a close election today and will be on election day 4) they would only be doing all this if they thought they were losing. You only cheat when you are losing. 

Heads down peeps. Let’s make this a big weekend and go out and win this thing, together.

53 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Supreme Court and trying to find ways to get votes thrown out. They've been prepping to do this for 4 years, let's not think they won't be better at it this time.

I'm not saying he'll absolutely succeed, btw, but let's not be naive about it either.

My greatest dream is that the Supreme Court perfectly threads the needle and tries some obvious fuckery, fails spectacularly, and pisses everyone off, making an opening to expand the Supreme Court and cut this potentially decades-long bullshit off at the knee. 

• Halal 1
  • Hype 1

9 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Simon Rosenburg should not be paid attention to under any circumstances whatsoever.

He literally attempted to make the case that the pre-dropout situation involving Biden wasn't nearly as dire as it seemed and that he should stay in.  For that alone, he should be completely discredited.

Hes absolutely right about what the right is doing with their aligned polling. While I think The “neutral” polling may have some issues with how they are weighting respondents in their models, the right wing polling outfits are designed to get put into RCP and show a Trump lead as insurance against an actual Trump loss and it will further be used as “evidence” of voter fraud (because there really won’t be any measurable fraud, it’s a fiction made up by sore losers)

it is another phase of a concerted effort to get something to stick in the courts, and (the following is entirely my opinion here) wouldn’t be at all shocked, given their disrespect for the law in a calculated effort in support of their aims, if there is coordination between the campaign and these super pacs and other outside groups, even more than the wink and nod and hiring ex staffers that seems to be common regardless. 

They’re crooks, they’re flooding the zone with shit, and you need to be aware of it as part of a larger plan to get Trump in office

• True 3

12 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Hes absolutely right about what the right is doing with their aligned polling. While I think The “neutral” polling may have some issues with how they are weighting respondents in their models, the right wing polling outfits are designed to get put into RCP and show a Trump lead as insurance against an actual Trump loss and it will further be used as “evidence” of voter fraud (because there really won’t be any measurable fraud, it’s a fiction made up by sore losers)

it is another phase of a concerted effort to get something to stick in the courts, and (the following is entirely my opinion here) wouldn’t be at all shocked, given their disrespect for the law in a calculated effort in support of their aims, if there is coordination between the campaign and these super pacs and other outside groups, even more than the wink and nod and hiring ex staffers that seems to be common regardless. 

They’re crooks, they’re flooding the zone with shit, and you need to be aware of it as part of a larger plan to get Trump in office

Absolutely, but, I'm extremely not worried about them getting something to "stick," I just can't see any realistic path, at least with this obvious and unimpressive level of fuckery, to get this man into the white house via the Supreme Court or something else unless we're talking razor thin margins like with George Bush, and even then that was a recount ending, not just "here's the keys."

I'm somewhat optimistic that Harris, barring any surprises, will have enough of a lead in enough states to comfortably bypass all that bullshit. Of course, that's also not 100% confidence (No one gonna forget 2016) but this is like the thing I'm least concerned about.

And, like I've done a few times here, I'm trying to imagine if the roles were flipped, and we were sitting here talking about Harris and Walz out there completely fucking blowing it every day, canceling events and shit this close to election day, relying on hopeful fuckery to somehow oust a sitting Republican president out of office and bypass election results with... checks notes uhh, getting people upset about obviously manufactured polling data so something would "stick" in court?

I don't even drink and if that was the situation we were currently experiencing, I'd have died of alcohol poisoning by now. Like, holy shit what a completely losing position relying on the dumbest hail mary, because you couldn't get an actual candidate out there.

This bullshit fuckery doesn't concern me, the opposition would be immense and overwhelming, people are sick of this crybaby bullshit. The part that concerns me is if he legitimately wins. Still the surest and strongest path to power. That possibility concerns me so much more than hoping the courts can whip up a recipe for some dumb coup with a sitting democrat president in office with checks notes Supreme Court-authorized unlimited power.

20 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

This bullshit fuckery doesn't concern me, the opposition would be immense and overwhelming, people are sick of this crybaby bullshit. The part that concerns me is if he legitimately wins. Still the surest and strongest path to power. That possibility concerns me so much more than hoping the courts can whip up a recipe for some dumb coup with a sitting democrat president in office with checks notes Supreme Court-authorized unlimited power.

I swear to f’n god if we are in the f’n timeline where Trump wins and dies 3 days after inauguration to send us into the f’n Vance administration… Ominous thought…Celtics did win the NBA title so perhaps we are on the cursed timeline.. Chiefs 3-peat might be final confirmation

Honestly given the nature of Tribalism im surprised this “melting pot” thing has lasted this long.. the Kool aid of freedom, bald eagle, and stars and stripes has served us well.. unfortunately the “bad guys” caught wind of it and weaponized it to use tribalism to parallel division and exclusion as a means to “make america great again”

37 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I don't disagree with that premise regarding the potential use of the GOP-aligned polling as "evidence" in post-election legal proceedings - I've simply developed a reflexive distaste for Rosenburg for his defense of Biden continuing his candidacy when it was plain to just about everyone that it would've resulted in both an electoral and popular landslide for Trump.

• True 1

8 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

I swear to f’n god if we are in the f’n timeline where Trump wins and dies 3 days after inauguration to send us into the f’n Vance administration… Ominous thought…Celtics did win the NBA title so perhaps we are on the cursed timeline.. Chiefs 3-peat might be final confirmation

Honestly given the nature of Tribalism im surprised this “melting pot” thing has lasted this long.. the Kool aid of freedom, bald eagle, and stars and stripes has served us well.. unfortunately the “bad guys” caught wind of it and weaponized it to use tribalism to parallel division and exclusion as a means to “make america great again”

Look man, I knew something was up when that particle accelerator got turned on and a year or so later the Phillies won the world series. We all got shifted into a doomed timeline.

• True 1

30 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Absolutely, but, I'm extremely not worried about them getting something to "stick," I just can't see any realistic path, at least with this obvious and unimpressive level of fuckery, to get this man into the white house via the Supreme Court or something else unless we're talking razor thin margins like with George Bush, and even then that was a recount ending, not just "here's the keys."

I'm somewhat optimistic that Harris, barring any surprises, will have enough of a lead in enough states to comfortably bypass all that bullshit. Of course, that's also not 100% confidence (No one gonna forget 2016) but this is like the thing I'm least concerned about.

And, like I've done a few times here, I'm trying to imagine if the roles were flipped, and we were sitting here talking about Harris and Walz out there completely fucking blowing it every day, canceling events and shit this close to election day, relying on hopeful fuckery to somehow oust a sitting Republican president out of office and bypass election results with... checks notes uhh, getting people upset about obviously manufactured polling data so something would "stick" in court?

I don't even drink and if that was the situation we were currently experiencing, I'd have died of alcohol poisoning by now. Like, holy shit what a completely losing position relying on the dumbest hail mary, because you couldn't get an actual candidate out there.

Yep. The only thing that keeps the bullshit at bay is a straight up legitimate win by thousands or tens of thousands of votes, not hundreds. 

Im sure  Decision Desk HQ and 538 arent perfect but their current outlook of Trump having a 53% chance of winning is definitely poison to the soul..

I must say this is a “fun” game this Copium holding the doom and gloom at bay.. the rise from a favorable poll to the crushing nosedive of a negative poll…. I will definitely need a nap once all this is over (probably sometime in March after Trumps Proud Boys and Vances LA-Z-Boys get sorted out) we will either be celebrating President Harris or laughing at ourselves as President Vance presides over Trumps funeral at the local golf course (hey he finally got a hole in one)

In the meantime I will try to enjoy the rollercoaster.. 

insideoutemotions.jpg?w=840

inside-out-2-45.jpg

3 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

Im sure  Decision Desk HQ and 538 arent perfect but their current outlook of Trump having a 53% chance of winning is definitely poison to the soul..

I mean, their simulations use polling data as one of the factors, polling data we just established is being bombarded at the moment by right-leaning sources.

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

President (Pennsylvania)

🔵Harris (D) 49%
🔴Trump (R) 46%

9/30-10/15 by The Washington Post/George Mason University Schar School of Policy and Government (2.7/3 rating)
707 LV

Just an FYI this was included in my post earlier on all of WaPos polls, lol.

Anyways, WaPo has also gone the way of tossing partisan and bad polls, heres their averages and shifts, basically nothing has changed.

Gabr2S9XQAA6UC6?format=jpg&name=medium

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Screen-Shot-2024-10-20-at-90226-PM.jpg?q

It’s real 

Steelers hate the Browns, so at least it makes sense

apparently the Boebert looking woman who ran across the field during last night Steelers game had a “Trump secure borders, Kamala open borders sign”..

the irony of “hopping the fence and illegally entering the field” did not occur

• True 1

My wife and I cast our vote today on the first day of early voting here in FL. +2 towards making Florida blue slightly less red.

Edit: I should also mention the line was wrapped around the election office and it took close to an hour for us to get done.

• Halal 1
  • Hugs 1