Rock the Vote '24: update (10/14) - Harris to be interviewed by Fox News on Wednesday

WWW.NEWSWEEK.COM

JD Vance's favorability ratings are now "about as negative as they were before" the October 2 debate, an Economist/YouGov poll shows

Yeah, it peaked a little after the debate, but it’s back down to where it was. 

The whole whining about being “fact checked” did him no favors.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Best said:

I'm absolutely abysmal in posting anything from another source. I honestly don't know how. :(

What I said in my last post was copied and pasted from Forbes. 

Obviously different data from a million different sources, but this one's from YouGov. 

rOgiKgP.jpeg

WWW.NEWSWEEK.COM

A new poll has found that the Ohio Senator's favorability ratings dropped since peaking after the vice presidential debate.

Aw, Wade beat me to it! I'm so slow on a phone. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for posting the data. I get a ton of videos on how great Vance and Trump are doing on YouTube so I admit it's usually bullshit. I have tried everything in my power to stop YouTube from recommending me these videos.

I even get texts on this shit too. I reply with "stop" but it doesn't prevent it from coming. 

1 hour ago, MarSolo said:
WWW.NEWSWEEK.COM

JD Vance's favorability ratings are now "about as negative as they were before" the October 2 debate, an Economist/YouGov poll shows

Republican National Convention Wow GIF by PBS News

36 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Best claims Vance is well like by the right.

Xbob counter claims he isn’t.

Xbob then shows Vance has a 40% favorable rating, which is made up almost solely of people on the right liking him.

Xbob assumes victory despite proving Best right.

Classic stuff by Xbob here.

I'm sorry, but I consider your own party reporting that they view you "favorably" (which, to be clear, does not mean they "really like you" or that "they really support you") to be the absolute bare minimum, and consider 50% to be, like, the starting point. He's deeply below that point, which for a party as unified as the GOP shows me there's a real problem. Even Walz is below that line, but not nearly as badly.

Biden's rating dropped to 36% right before he bowed out, and we threw him into the ocean over it. And he blanked out for half a minute on live TV during a debate.

1 hour ago, MarSolo said:
WWW.NEWSWEEK.COM

It's almost like debates usually don't matter all that much.

12 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

I'm sorry, but I consider your own party reporting that they view you "favorably" (which, to be clear, does not mean they "really like you" or that "they really support you") to be the absolute bare minimum, and consider 50% to be, like, the starting point. He's deeply below that point, which for a party as unified as the GOP shows me there's a real problem. Even Walz is below that line, but not nearly as badly.

Biden's rating dropped to 36% right before he bowed out, and we threw him into the ocean over it.

Those are not party favorability ratings, those are general population favorability ratings. Given the polarized nature of our political landscape, approaching 50% in such a poll suggests your team is nearly universally on board with you like Walz, and 40% suggests you are overwhelmingly well liked by your team like Vance.

Shift the goal posts all you want, Best was right and you were wrong.

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

Those are not party favorability ratings, those are general population favorability ratings. Given the polarized nature of our political landscape, approaching 50% in such a poll suggests your team is nearly universally on board with you like Walz, and 40% suggests you are overwhelmingly well liked by your team like Vance.

Shift the goal posts all you want, Best was right and you were wrong.

lol, so Biden was overwhelmingly well-liked by his team, that's why they shouted at him to get the fuck out so loudly that he actually did.

But okay, I'm the one shifting the goal posts.  In what universe does a historically super low favorability rating mean you're "well liked"? And since when do we conflate a favorability rating with how much you're liked to begin with? I'm sure it plays a role, but I would answer favorably for Harris despite not liking her a lot and certainly not "really supporting her." These are wild extrapolations that we just don't see evidence of whenever J.D. does literally anything.

4 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

lol, so Biden was overwhelmingly well-liked by his team, that's why they shouted at him to get the fuck out so loudly that he actually did.

Yes, because favorability and “can he beat Trump? No.” aren’t the same thing. Biden has never been anything but well liked by his party, they just came to the conclusion that he wasn’t up to the task of winning in November.

Favorability is literally just a word to describe how much people like a person, so yeah, it has always been a way to measure how well liked a politician is.

There is a reason we have separate polls asking about whether your approve of the job vs favorability, they are measuring different things.

Hot take: the reason you see so little polling difference between aggregates with heavily R-leaning polls, and ones without them, is because after two elections of underestimating Trump's polling, they're ALL course-corrected to be heavily R-leaning.

Given the near-record turnout for early voting, and seeing numbers like these on resetera

pES0kk0.jpeg

I'm getting more and more bullish.

11 minutes ago, Reputator said:

Hot take: the reason you see so little polling difference between aggregates with heavily R-leaning polls, and ones without them, is because after two elections of underestimating Trump's polling, they're ALL course-corrected to be heavily R-leaning.

Given the near-record turnout for early voting, and seeing numbers like these on resetera

pES0kk0.jpeg

This is my ideal scenario.

Polls have spent years weighting towards Trump, also lots of anecdotal evidence this year shows a waning of enthusiasm from Trump supporters. 

When those two things meet we see the Dems actually over perform expectations.

• Hugs 1

One major pollster recently said that they've changed their model re: Trump after 2020. In 2016 and 2020, they would sometimes reach people who would basically say "fuck you, I'm not taking this survey, I'm voting for Trump!" and hang up. They would not use these hostile results at all. Now, they are counting them as Trump supporters. I don't think there will be the hidden pro-Trump effect this time around, compared to 2020.

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

One major pollster recently said that they've changed their model re: Trump after 2020. In 2016 and 2020, they would sometimes reach people who would basically say "fuck you, I'm not taking this survey, I'm voting for Trump!" and hang up. They would not use these hostile results at all. Now, they are counting them as Trump supporters. I don't think there will be the hidden pro-Trump effect this time around, compared to 2020.

Basically all the major pollsters started doing this.

2 hours ago, Reputator said:

pES0kk0.jpeg

This is the same thing that video I posted from Midas Touch was saying.

This whole thing of this election goes way beyond Trump for me. I have said it before, I don’t consider myself left or liberal in any way, but I can’t see how anyone looks at the Grand Old Party of 2024, and says “Yeah, that’s an acceptable political party!” I’m no fan of the DNC for many reasons. I understood it in 2016, it felt like a middle finger to the establishment and media, and most people thought the guardrails of democracy were bolted in place. At the time, watching Hillary lose was kinda fun. But once it became obvious those guardrails were held up with bubblegum, there should have been zero chance of him winning any primary or election for any office, ever. 

And yet I fully expect Trump to pull out the swing states and become president. 

• Halal 1
  • Hugs 2

WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

Harris' campaign posted a video of Trump's eyes closing and head appearing to bob while a voter spoke at the Auburn Hills event.

I think it's a line of attack that's worth taking, especially for the previous double-haters.

• stepee 1

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

This whole thing of this election goes way beyond Trump for me. I have said it before, I don’t consider myself left or liberal in any way, but I can’t see how anyone looks at the Grand Old Party of 2024, and says “Yeah, that’s an acceptable political party!”

That is the fun part to look at… we supposedly live in a fractured entertainment world with streaming and various viewing apps so supposedly we are consuming all kinds of media… YET.. somehow the vast majority of the MAGA/GOP supporters live in this separate world where they only consume one specific type of messaging completely shielded from “the truth” of everything regarding Trump and whatever idiocy dipshits like Boebert, Gaetz, and MTG do. I suppose its possible if McConnell has represented KY for so long despite the state being utter shit on his watch

The propaganda messaging must be extremely effective. Im curious to see how much the people who swear off certain media sources because “fake news”, “Disney go woke.. go broke” truly mean it and dont just use that phrasing for incendiary social media talk but as an actual way of life

• Halal 1

"I refuse to say it" immediately says it.

OMFG -- "When he took showers with the other pros, they came out of there, they said 'oh my god. That's unbelievable" -- Trump says that when other golfers showered with Arnold Palmer they would marvel at how big his dick is

[image or embed]

— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar.bsky.social) October 19, 2024 at 3:24 PM
  • Confused 1