Rock the Vote '24: update (10/14) - Harris to be interviewed by Fox News on Wednesday

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

...but truth is on their side and it’s not embraced as much as I’d like and that’s bizarre.

It's not embraced because it's an absolute loser of a political issue for the Democrats, and that, my friend, is vastly more important than truth in our benighted times.

• True 1

Dems should move right on the border but left on immigration reform; there is an important distinction there, and throwing some red meat for the former will naturally make the latter more tolerable - which is all the more important since the latter is where the true, substantial work will be done.

23 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

It's not embraced because it's an absolute loser of a political issue for the Democrats, and that, my friend, is vastly more important than truth in our benighted times.

I don’t disagree with this broadly but letting a fundamental point from the opposition be so foundationally incorrect is still a lousy move. Too late to put the toothpaste back in the tube at this point, yes, but the initial salvo of OPEN BORDER should have been pushed back on, and similar claims in the future, which are inevitable, should be pushed back on immediately.

6 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Dems should move right on the border but left on immigration reform; there is an important distinction there, and throwing some red meat for the former will naturally make the latter more tolerable - which is all the more important since the latter is where the true, substantial work will be done.

I don't disagree in the least.  Hell, one of Trump's own proposals (not that it would ever see the light of day) is to provide every foreign-born graduate of a US institution of higher education with a green card "automatically":

“What I want to do, and what I will do, is you graduate from a college, I think you should get automatically, as part of your diploma, a green card to be able to stay in this country,” the presumptive GOP nominee said on “The All-In Podcast,” which aired Thursday.

He continued, “And that includes junior colleges too. Anybody graduates from a college — you go in there for two years or four years. If you graduate, or you get a doctorate degree from a college, you should be able to stay in this country.”

1 minute ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I don't disagree in the least.  Hell, one of Trump's own proposals (not that it would ever see the light of day) is to provide every foreign-born graduate of a US institution of higher education with a green card "automatically":

I believe his acolytes freaked out and he back tracked on that pretty quickly. I'd love to see it though!

2 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Colleges? Where they breed dems and secretly make you trans when you're sleeping?!

I can't imaging anything to do with college or education in general is a big hit with the GOP right now, seems a weird thing for him to propose.

3 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Colleges? Where they breed dems and secretly make you trans when you're sleeping?!

I can't imaging anything to do with college or education in general is a big hit with the GOP right now, seems a weird thing for him to propose.

It's because Trump will always repeat the last thing he heard. Good or bad. He is incapable of thinking in the abstract, or how A will actually affect XYZ. If in the moment he thinks that what he's going to say is going to help him, he'll say it.

3 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Yes, they did say that there would be an "aggressive vetting process" for those potential green card recipients.

And we all know what that means familyGuySkinTone.meme

Still a bit better than having to get an employment visa, maybe?

1 hour ago, ShreddieMercury said:

Thank you for the Gritty memes.  They almost single-handedly kept me afloat during the 2020 election.  And also the tweet at Dave Wasserman that read "Dave I'm gonna nut" when he called Arizona.

The Wasserman reply tweet is something that still makes me chuckle to myself whenever I think about it.