Rock the Vote '24: update (10/14) - Harris to be interviewed by Fox News on Wednesday

9 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

Joe Rogan and his followers represent basic bitch men. They aren't smart and if you talk to them you can walk them through things and help them make sense and feel better about it. They're really dumb and insecure and lash out against anything they don't get that isn't oooga booga ignorant shit.

To be honest, a lot of that stems from the fact that 99% of scientists and experts in general are really, really bad communicators. Joe Rogan has platformed Graham Hancock and all of his bullshit to hell and back, but when he has an actual archaeologist like Flint Dibble on who actually IS a great communicator, who can actually contextualize really complex topics in a way that makes sense to us dummies, it does so much to dispel a lot of conspiracies and misinformation.

When the real answer is too complex for our smooth brains to figure out, we'll turn to the closest answer we have that explains things in a way we understand, which is usually conspiracy theories. Or the opposite is true - when we don't want to face the reality that sometimes a group of assholes really did just hijack some planes and kill a bunch of people, we invent a conspiracy to give the world order.

• Halal 1

6 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

She needs to have a good answer if he asks her about her background prosecuting weed-related offenses in Cali, though.  It shouldn't be too hard, but she's flubbed some responses to some obvious questions already. (particularly about what she'd do differently from Biden, I'm kind of floored she didn't have a solid answer ready to go when she was asked about it)

Just spout some shit about "At the time I was the DA and my job was to prosecute the laws of my state, wrong or right, but if I'm elected president I'm going to be working for all Americans, not just for one state, and I don't think cracking down on weed is going to help the country as a whole", and you're good.  

Nah, outright call for legalization. It’s actually good politics

• Halal 1

Honestly I think Harris going on Rogan could be alright. Rogan generally doesn't challenge the people he interviews very much. A long-form format that could allow Kamala to be like "no, I'm not going to turn your kids' dicks into vaginas" in an approachable way could actually get people on her side, or (more likely) get the people who were militantly going to vote for Trump to just stay home.

"No, we're not trying to turn your kids into white-hating trans people, we never have been. No, we're not Marxist, we never have been, in fact we LOVE big business. Fuck, we'll shoot people on sight at the border. And the fact that Republicans keep trying to tell you that's what we're about shows that they don't have any plans, so they have to invent things to scare you into paying attention because they think you're scared little babies."

That should be an easy move.

45 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

To be honest, a lot of that stems from the fact that 99% of scientists and experts in general are really, really bad communicators.

Yup, you see that everywhere, the folks that are proficient and experts in their field arent always the best at presenting or communicating what they do to others…

A good half informed communicator will be more effective than a knowledgeable bore.. 

Hell being louder and interrupting is the go to political tool of our time

29 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Going back a decade and telling my past self I’d be voting for the same candidate as Karl rove and Liz Cheney and I would have absolutely lost my goddamn mind and wondered where I went wrong in life

I’m just really glad I’m drinking at a lounge reading this

• stepee 2

41 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Going back a decade and telling my past self I’d be voting for the same candidate as Karl rove and Liz Cheney and I would have absolutely lost my goddamn mind and wondered where I went wrong in life

It's making me start to question if she's actually a good candidate. :lol:

:s

• True 1

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

p8sageywnxud1.jpg

Da fuq

There is ABSOLUTELY ZERO EVIDENCE for this whatsoever.  None at all.

If Karl Rove was "rallying support" for Harris, wouldn't that headline be plastered over every media source?

Jesus Christ Almighty - this is making seriously reconsider my recent leniency in allowing the posting of ANYTHING from Xwitter at all.

Yeah, the closest I could find about Karl Rove saying anything in favor of Kamala was him commenting on the debate: “If Kamala Harris is ‘dumb as rocks’, then what does that make Trump?”

And yeah, the Rogan interview is a GREAT idea. Go on Hawk Tuah girl’s podcast and Hot Ones and Kamala has this in the bag.

10 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

If Karl Rove was "rallying support" for Harris, wouldn't that be headline that would be plastered over every media source?

In this timeline? At this time of year? In this part of the country? Localized entirely on the internet?

22 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

If Karl Rove was "rallying support" for Harris, wouldn't that headline be plastered over every media source?

Jesus Christ Almighty - this is making seriously reconsider my recent leniency in allowing the posting of ANYTHING from Xwitter at all.

10 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I really don't want to sound like an angry old man (though both are absolutely true!), but this is exactly the type of disinformation that's causing the breakdown of practically everything around us and why I genuinely wanted to keep this site free from it as much as I can.

It’s not my screen grab. :p 

Usually I double check these things before posting, but I was too “wtf” about the sentient ham potentially endorsing Kamala, apologies 

• Halal 1

1 minute ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Even in our fractured media environment, a Karl Rove endorsement of Harris would be such a "BFD" that it would be completely impossible to avoid!

That was a simpson’s reference regarding steamed hams.

2 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Can I see it?

… No

This is an op-ed piece that discusses this past weekend's NYT/Siena surveys of Black and Latin voters and the "political misdiagnosis" that the Democratic Party (and many others) made that the "browning" of America would ultimately result in a "permanent" Democratic majority:

WWW.NYTIMES.COM

Democrats imagined that they would become the majority party as America became more racially diverse. It’s not working out that way.

Twenty years ago, this book The Emerging Democratic Majority became the core text for this notion.  However, just last year, the authors released a follow-up book Where Have All the Democrats Gone? that essentially acts as repudiation of their original text.

1 minute ago, CitizenVectron said:
WWW.NPR.ORG

Polls show that some Black men may be gravitating toward former President Trump or not vote at all. Vice President Harris and other prominent Democrats are trying to counter that.

Apparently I missed something somewhere. Why is crypto particularly appealing to blacks?