Rock the Vote '24: update (10/14) - Harris to be interviewed by Fox News on Wednesday

3 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

I hate watching sports during an election year, especially in a swing state.  I've seen that anti-trans ad so many times that I want to blow my brains out.

watching sports is my main distraction from the doom and gloom.. but going to the local High School Eggball match is torture.. the team is so bad.. its like the Football team from Bring It On… 4 years watching and I swear theyve only attempted 12 pass plays in that time.. 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

I hate watching sports during an election year, especially in a swing state.  I've seen that anti-trans ad so many times that I want to blow my brains out.

just looked into it.. apparently its a big part of Ted Cruzs campaign ads in Texas.. apparently his opponent Allred kinda sorta put out his own ad which reads more like a GOP talking point… alas its true, Trans and the illegal immigrants that “habla español” seem to be the biggest things on the menu this election cycle

• True 1

17 hours ago, Dodger said:

Bro it’s still over 100 in October, you sure about this?

I’ve lived in Oregon my whole life and wanted something different. I figured it couldn’t get any more different than perpetual summer!

(There are actually quite a few other reasons but I am excited about the sunshine and heat).

1 hour ago, Chairslinger said:

Is the Sherrod Brown/ Bernie Moreno stuff for you too? YouTube is barely watchable right now for me.

I was referring to the official Trump ad that acts like all trans people are criminals and says "Kamala fights for THEY/THEM; Trump fights for YOU"

It's the most disgusting dehumanizing ad I've ever seen from a presidential candidate.

• Halal 1

Just watched the Apprentice movie.

Hoo wee, does Sebastian Stan really nail the Trump role, especially as the movie rolls on. The Fred Junior stuff is really uncomfortable. And yes, THAT scene is REALLY uncomfortable to watch:

Spoiler

The rape scene, although they change the circumstances behind it, not that it matters.

11 hours ago, legend said:

I'm afraid this probably isn't a solution with significant leverage. I'm not saying people shouldn't do it, it helps, but I don't think the foundational issues are going to go away with it. Local politics is just as corrupt, if not more corrupt, than the federal level. Some truly gross and ethically repugnant people are involved and much like Trump, they still get votes.

I don't know what the answer is. People vote against their own interests because they are easily manipulated. I think the only way we dent this thing is having a cultural revolution, and I have no idea how to do that for something this big and interconnected.

11 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

In June, Biden trailed Trump by 18 points. Now, according to Axios, Trump's lead over Harris in Iowa is well within their 3.8% MOE. Again according to Axios, they're basically saying Democrats might actually show up to vote.

Believe me, I know how corrupt local politics can be. My point is you have to start with what you can actually affect. Your vote for president is a drop of rain in the ocean. Your voice in local politics can be a bucket of water dumped in in a bathtub. It may still not be much, but it's something.

Everyone who cares and has the energy should be involved in local politics. These fuckers start from the bottom as school board members and township trustees. We saw it here in West Michigan with Ottawa Impact, a far right group that took control of the county. Thankfully they’re all fucking idiots who have done nothing but waste time and money, but that’s not for lack of trying! 

37 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Just watched the Apprentice movie.

Hoo wee, does Sebastian Stan really nail the Trump role, especially as the movie rolls on. The Fred Junior stuff is really uncomfortable. And yes, THAT scene is REALLY uncomfortable to watch:

Hide contents

The rape scene, although they change the circumstances behind it, not that it matters.

If the movie had a scene of Trump applying the Bronzer in the style of Brandon Lee painting up in The Crow with “proud to be an American” playing in the background

Makes a good counter to that sanitized Ronald Reagan BS film that cane out with Quaid..

31 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

If the movie had a scene of Trump applying the Bronzer in the style of Brandon Lee painting up in The Crow with “proud to be an American” playing in the background

Makes a good counter to that sanitized Ronald Reagan BS film that cane out with Quaid..

There ain’t nothing sanitized about this. The movie straight up paints Trump as a fraud. The only thing that I feel like was sanitized was his reaction to his brother’s death.

WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM

18K likes, 4,368 comments - nytmag on October 12, 2024: "JD Vance could be the next vice president of the U.S. and the second in command to someone who could be the oldest-ever commander in...

Somehow the scraped image is somehow better than the whole thing but dude looks like he’s holding in an explosive shit

9 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

Is the Sherrod Brown/ Bernie Moreno stuff for you too? YouTube is barely watchable right now for me.

No but i get NY19 ads constantly across all streaming services despite not being able to vote in that election cause i live in NY23 of which i haven't seen a single ad, funnily enough i live just as close to the PA border and don't see any of their ads, but i suppose state lines are a bit easier to distinguish viewership online.

16 hours ago, S3xB0t said:

Eh it’s pretty damn good. Not even at the level that necessitates intervention. Sounds like she’s an exercise freak with a good diet, anyway.

spacer.png

Mine's been 108/67 the last few times I've had it checked, so when I see something over 120 I assume they are going to die tomorrow. 

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Yeah, I'm not actually that worried about the Black vote. I think Harris will pull less of the Latino vote, though, while at the same time taking more of the white vote.

This also feels meaningless presented as a national statistic. If Harris loses Latino voters in California or Alabama it doesn't really matter. We need to see this for the individual swing states.

In regard to Latino voters, the NY Times/Siena published its survey today of that demographic similar to yesterday's for Black voters.

WWW.NYTIMES.COM

Latino voters said they were open to Donald J. Trump’s immigration policies and hungry for change. Many remain undecided.

All Hispanic voters:
56% Harris
37% Trump

48%  Harris
45%  Trump
Women
62% Harris
31% Trump

52% Harris
42% Trump
45+
60% Harris
33% Trump

Education:
College
62% Harris
35% Trump
No college
54% Harris
38% Trump

Which of the following comes closer to your view when Donald Trump talks about problems with immigration?

Hispanic respondents born in the United States:

I feel like he is talking about me - 30%
I do not feel like he is talking about me - 67%
Hispanic respondents born in another country

I feel like he is talking about me - 43%
I do not feel like he is talking about me - 51%

• Guillotine 1
  • Thanks 1