Rock the Vote '24: update (10/14) - Harris to be interviewed by Fox News on Wednesday

1 hour ago, marioandsonic said:

Did I miss something?  Where did all of this doomposting come from?  Did something happen over the last couple of days that I don't know about?

57 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I think some people got a little too overboard when the swap happened feeling like the race was now overwhelmingly in the favor of the Dems, when really we simply returned to the level set of the last two election cycles: very close contests in a handful of states will decide it.

Basically this. It's not really doomposting but just the fact that its dawning on me that this election, as we get closer and closer to election day, is really, really close. And that's a damning reality. That's all, I still hope and believe Harris will win but I can't believe how close this race is.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ThreePi said:

I've been to Japan a number of times, including in the past month and fish is not a particularly common pizza topping. Mayo and corn? Yes.

JAPANESETASTE.COM

Japanese pizza is a lot like American pizza. A lot of the toppings, textures and crusts are the same. It comes out of the oven hot and cheesy, and it can be delivered to your door - just like in...

Dominos Japan even has a cod and roe as toppings :p 

49 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Basically this. It's not really doomposting but just the fact that its dawning on me that this election, as we get closer and closer to election day, is really, really close. And that's a damning reality. That's all, I still hope and believe Harris will win but I can't believe how close this race is.

I get that, but I thought for a second all the polls said Trump was winning or that Kamala pulled a huge gaf or something 

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

And that it's only on his face and not his ears or anything. Putting on makeup really poorly to the point you look like a clown is a dementia symptom. 

My wife and I both noticed that his bronzer has gotten way worse over the past year or so. He doesn’t even attempt to blend it anymore.

"it's the economy, stupid" is often mischaracterized, but does actually ring true. Judging by history, in years where the economy improved in both real GDP per capita and misery index, the only times the incumbent party has lost the election in those circumstances were because of Eisenhower (no one was beating Eisenhower in a 50's election, he may as well have been Jeebus himself), Watergate, and Ross Perot.

Maybe I'm downplaying the cult of Trump, but the numbers don't lie. 

When Trump won in 2016, the real GDP per capita had gone up but the misery index got worse. Basically the economy improved but mostly only for the rich. Those years tend to be our most contentious elections. 

As of now, the economy has improved over last year both in terms of real GDP per capita and misery index. History says it's likely Kamala wins.

7 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

My wife and I both noticed that his bronzer has gotten way worse over the past year or so. He doesn’t even attempt to blend it anymore.

This is from 2020, I guess it's more often now but he's failed to do blending before.

f23976a0-f103-4c43-844a-d879a60eb609_192

8 minutes ago, outsida said:

Trump is damn well near blackface levels of bronzer on his face

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

And that it's only on his face and not his ears or anything. Putting on makeup really poorly to the point you look like a clown is a dementia symptom. 

It was about a week or two ago I think that I noticed another photo that was really bad, as well. I typed out a whole post joking about how people talk about Trump is gonna drop a hard "r" before the election but no one is talking about how if he goes much darker he is going to be RDJ in Tropic Thunder before the election.

I then went to search for haha funny comparison photos between the two and realized that I am pretty sure Trump actually passed him months ago. We talk about how Trump has killed satire but it was like a moment of that tangible reality hitting me where I just hit delete on my funny funny post and walked away because the man is unparodyable. Whatever bad thing you can possibly imagine to say about him he has already proudly done/said much worse in front of a live camera to a national audience.

• Halal 1

3 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

I hate watching sports during an election year, especially in a swing state.  I've seen that anti-trans ad so many times that I want to blow my brains out.

You need to see things from a different angle.  Don’t let the ad make you want to blow YOUR brains out.  Let the ad make you want to blow THEIR brains out.