Rock the Vote '24: update (10/14) - Harris to be interviewed by Fox News on Wednesday

11 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

never have I been so tempted to abuse my power

I watched the Simpsons religiously when it first came out. My family made it an event. As a kid it was great but as I got older the humor just wasn't hitting as hard. I have a lot of respect for the show and it open the doorway for shows like Family Guy and South Park. 

All this Simpsons talk here and there in this thread ..it occurred to me that with 34+ seasons I could just dive in and find the later/modern episodes that people thought were great and try to enjoy those…

oddly enough 3. of those better episodes are ones where the characters dont act in the same way that youre using to seeing them..

Pixelated and Afraid- homer and marge survive in the woods

A Serious Flanders- a 2 part story kind of a mix between Fargo tv series and the film A Serious Man

Not It- a Halloween It parody that is actually the whole episode

7 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

All this Simpsons talk here and there in this thread ..it occurred to me that with 34+ seasons I could just dive in and find the later/modern episodes that people thought were great and try to enjoy those…

oddly enough 3. of those better episodes are ones where the characters dont act in the same way that youre using to seeing them..

Pixelated and Afraid- homer and marge survive in the woods

A Serious Flanders- a 2 part story kind of a mix between Fargo tv series and the film A Serious Man

Not It- a Halloween It parody that is actually the whole episode

The Treehouse of Horror from S34 is VERY much worth a watch (it's the episode after the It parody). While none of the 3 skits are top 5, none of them are bad and, IMO, it puts it in the top 5 overall ToH episodes (if that even makes sense :p ). The show is mostly bad after like S10 though tbf

• Thanks 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Rock the Vote '24: update (10/11) - Harris to appear on Charlamagne tha God's "Breakfast Club" radio show on 10/15
59 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I might agree with that on a macro-level, but not on a micro-level. Sooner or later, you do need to be genuine about your feelings for things, but if we actually faced every single problem every single day with the full weight of emotion that should be carried behind it, none of us would be able to function.

Think of it like this, which is how I deal with stress:

spacer.png

Gallows humor falls firmly  into the "no" path. It allows you to acknowledge a situation, quickly assess its complexity, realize there's nothing you can do about it in the moment, then joke about it and move on with your day so you aren't a crumbling pile of anxiety.

Yea, this is pretty-much how I feel. Virtually any and all coping mechanisms are unhealthy if you are unable to face the situation at all without reverting to them and hiding within them. If you use any type of humor (gallows, sarcasm, whatever) to help ease a bad situations levity, but are still able to have serious conversations about it (maybe, partly because of the humor) then there is absolutely nothing unhealthy about it. Now, if it's a constant crutch to where you cannot have a genuine and serious conversation without reverting to the humor, of course it's unhealthy. Like all things, it's case-by-case and person-by-person, to generalize and say "it's unhealthy" is silly to me :p 

Trump in the negotiations...

"Ok, all women, a sea of beautiful women... I want all hotties. No one below an 8. A New York 8, not an Alabama 8. Let's not have a repeat of the last town hall. Did you see some of those broads? Woof. I guess we need some blacks or whatever, but not too many. Oh yeah, also, no fatties."

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

u89ndJA.png

The TIPP poll was pretty egregious, the RV screen had Harris +3, then mysteriously their LV screen was Trump +1, and after people looked at it they had basically just removed their Philly respondents, despite actually asking how likely people were to vote, and 94% of the people from Philly said they were voting.  While their NC poll from last week that had Harris up, their LV screen was just identical to their results of people saying they'd vote. 

4 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

The TIPP poll was pretty egregious, the RV screen had Harris +3, then mysteriously their LV screen was Trump +1, and after people looked at it they had basically just removed their Philly respondents, despite actually asking how likely people were to vote, and 94% of the people from Philly said they were voting.  While their NC poll from last week that had Harris up, their LV screen was just identical to their results of people saying they'd vote. 

Every reputable data analyst looked at the methodology used for the TIPP LV screen and said, "What the hell?"