Rock the Vote '24: update (10/14) - Harris to be interviewed by Fox News on Wednesday

5 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

"Made in America corporate tax rate of 15% for US manufacturers" 

This just in: General Motors to re-shore previously exported manufacturing, pledges $300 billion in investment and environmental remediation in Flint, Michigan!!11!

Fucking idiots. One day it might occur to the broader populace how dumb of an idea it isto base the state’s economy on a single industry in which executives have zero scruples for taking care of the place they manufacture in.

• True 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Rock the Vote '24: update (10/10) - Harris agrees to participate in CNN town hall on October 23
58 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Trump just said that he wants to make the interest from car loans "fully tax deductible" in his Detroit Economic Club speech

Drunk Parks And Recreation GIF

His tax promises so far:

- tax deductibility of auto loans

- ending taxation of tips

- ending taxation of Social Security benefits

- removing the cap on SALT deductions

- ending the "double taxation" of US citizens living abroad

- ending taxation on overtime pay

Just now, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

His tax promises so far:

Going to Temu and ordering a shitload of money printers?

Getting a tax break for buying on credit a depreciating asset is kinda wild

but also given that the standard deduction is due to be cut in ~half by 2026 (thanks to Trump) you either: extend the standard deduction making the tax cut for auto interest virtually useless for all but the wealthy OR don’t extend it, making this deduction good for basically only the well to do buying expensive cars and increasing taxes for the rest of us, especially those of us with no car note

And the salt cap is also terminated in 2026 anyway, again thanks to Trump lol. But it should stay capped 

Trump raided FEMA's budget to steal money for his wall project, but it's Harris the media grills on "how will you pay for that" and disaster response because the media likes Trump and wants him to win. Meanwhile Trump promises more FEMA cuts in Trump's Project 2025 but media is silent on it.

[image or embed]

— Michael Tae 🎃Spooky🎃 (@mtsw.bsky.social) October 10, 2024 at 8:58 AM

They propogate it, they don't fall for it. bsky.app/profile/kdb1...

[image or embed]

— Michael Tae 🎃Spooky🎃 (@mtsw.bsky.social) October 10, 2024 at 9:03 AM

Yup bsky.app/profile/andi...

[image or embed]

— Michael Tae 🎃Spooky🎃 (@mtsw.bsky.social) October 10, 2024 at 9:10 AM

The New York Times knows how to do "drumbeat" / "full court press" style coverage of something, where they run new stories on it day after day after day. Which things they choose to emphasize is a choice made by a human being who works there. Why do they make that choice? What is their goal?

[image or embed]

— Michael Tae 🎃Spooky🎃 (@mtsw.bsky.social) October 10, 2024 at 10:21 AM

7 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Sidebar: it’s nice seeing BlueSky embeds. Maybe I should give it a shot again.

When's the last time you were on? It used to be very slow but has been picking up a lot of steam, especially in the last ~4 weeks. I'm barely on Twitter anymore.

Remember how some of you were buying into the hand wringing about Harris not doing interviews? 

BSKY.APP

jake tapper is critiquing Kamala for doing too many interviews instead of events i'm getting the feeling the legacy media just doesn't like it when Kamala does something

• Guillotine 1
  • True 1

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Remember how some of you were buying into the hand wringing about Harris not doing interviews? 

BSKY.APP

jake tapper is critiquing Kamala for doing too many interviews instead of events i'm getting the feeling the legacy media just doesn't like it when Kamala does something

They just don’t like it when she’s not doing stuff with them specifically. 

These dipshits need some serious, loud and in-their-face criticism instead of just being poked at from Twitter or Bluesky. People need to walk up and shove mics in their fucking faces and ask why they're such annoying shitty hypocrites who have moving goal post standards for one candidate and literally nothing at all for the other. Really hound them about it like they like to do.

• stepee 2
  • True 1

22 minutes ago, Jason said:

BSKY.APP

its because they do not want her to win.  facism will be good for business 

• Halal 3

4 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

His tax promises so far:

Trump gonna make me rich AF

4 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

Also this. PITA to embed the entire thread but just click through.

BSKY.APP

Occurs to me that part of the reason why NYT/Politico/et al are mad about their lack of access to Harris is because without access the political desk is totally adrift. There’s shockingly little capacity to, say, read campaign policy papers and find the story in there.

4 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

So they think. Journalists will be the first to the guillotines because they're the easiest to catch. And I don't mean by the fascists, I mean by me, I'll be doing the guillotining personally!

• stepee 1
  • True 1
  • Sicko 1

19 hours ago, marioandsonic said:

At least you're not a Phillies fan like me.

:cry:

That was a pathetic showing. Phillies need to go back to the drawing board. That game almost killed me. 

12 hours ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

I think this could be the broader social cleft that could define the coming era of American politics.  The coming cohort of male Gen Z’ers will embrace, along with a critical mass of their older Gen X peers, a more conservative, illiberal strain of male-oriented, chauvinist politics dressed up as ‘populism’ or ‘nationalism’ or ‘MAGA’—while their female counterparts will embrace the liberal cosmopolitanism/internationalism associated (for now) with the Democratic Party.  You can already see the former philosophy emerging, in a more mature form, in the nascent cohort of post-Trump Trumps—I’m thinking in particular of guys like Ramaswamy, whose whole thing was about ‘uplifting men’.

I read your whole post and I agree with it. What I want to emphasize is as powerful a negative force some male Gen Z'ers alongside their idiot male Gen X'ers combine to continue MAGA, there's no uniting figure like Trump. Once Trump is gone, and I know I've hammered this before, but there's no one to replace him. Desantis? Ramaswamy? Gaetz? MTG? Boebert? Mike Johnson? It's a joke. No one galvanizes these idiots like Trump.

Furthermore, if that's the platform those groups want to run on, good I say. As time marches on, they look more and more anachronistic and archaic, not modern and looking to the future. Such a movement will die slowly over time, especially with no Trump, rather than succeed. If they want to succeed, they should do what European conservative parties are doing, but since America is built on immigration in a way no other country is, I don't see that succeeding either.

• Hugs 1

Also, I didn't see this interview posted, but it is legit. Kamala Harris is fucking great here, I couldn't stop watching. Kamala seems very much herself, some funny quotes in there too. Guarantee you it's these kinds of interviews that are working for her. She's extremely relaxed and calm ("I was with this one brother" got me). And as a Sixers fan I fucking hate the Warriors and I still liked it, if that tells you anything. :p