Rock the Vote '24: update (10/14) - Harris to be interviewed by Fox News on Wednesday

23 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

Random question but threads I’ve replied to used to have a star next to them instead of a generic circle, but that seems to have gone away.

Is that happened to anyone else?

20 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Yes I’ve noticed that too. Stars indicate you’ve replied in thread at some point. But this thread specifically seems to have that functionality broken. It’ll go back to a Star but then turn to a circle soon. 

The fact that this problem seems to mainly afflict this thread I'm guessing it's connected to how many pages this thread has.

• True 1

6 minutes ago, Reputator said:

I think you guys are attributing too much electoral influence on uneducated white males. Harris isn't going to lose the election because of them. She's going to win because of everyone else.

But we're largely not talking about that demographic at all as their support for Trump is completely taken for granted at this point.

We're talking about her very real challenges with "uneducated" non-white males.

4 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

But we're largely not talking about that demographic at all as their support for Trump is completely taken for granted at this point.

We're talking about her very real challenges with "uneducated" non-white males.

OK fair, but those people don't have enough polling locations to matter. Also their districts are smooshed into majority-white districts.

2 minutes ago, Reputator said:

OK fair, but those people don't have enough polling locations to matter. Also their districts are smooshed into majority-white districts.

We're talking about the apparently razor-thin margins in the Rust Belt states where her support among non-white populations are critical to her success.

Any measurable slackening of that could be fatal to her campaign.

2 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

We're talking about the apparently razor-thin margins in the Rust Belt states where her support among non-white populations are critical to her success.

She's not actually polling behind Trump tho in those states.

Just now, Reputator said:

She's not actually polling behind Trump tho in those states.

Practically every single reputable poll for those states is well within the MOE so it's effectively a statistical tie. 

If I'm the Trump campaign, considering the polling errors in 2016 and 2020, I'm feeling damned good about that.

• True 1

The polls don't agree even among A-listed pundits. Citing 2016 and 2020 polls but leaving out 2022 polls which did not show the results for Republicans that they expected doesn't support an unfavorable Democratic narrative. I wouldn't want to be Trump polling behind Kamala in most major swing states regardless of the polling error rate, and I'd be careful to assume voter intentions based primarily on MOE.

5 minutes ago, S3xB0t said:

Please pass the copium. I can’t do this tonight.

My apologies, but neither "copium" nor "hopium" are in my nature!

4 minutes ago, Reputator said:

The polls don't agree even among A-listed pundits. Citing 2016 and 2020 polls but leaving out 2022 polls which did not show the results for Republicans that they expected doesn't support an unfavorable Democratic narrative. I wouldn't want to be Trump polling behind Kamala in most major swing states regardless of the polling error rate, and I'd be careful to assume voter intentions based primarily on MOE.

We'll certainly find out in four weeks.

Maybe.

1 minute ago, S3xB0t said:

I wish so badly that they’d get another debate in but Trump has wised up to just how terrible of an idea that is for his campaign.

Which really is kinda odd because even though Harris "won", it had no really discernible efect on the race, so why not take another shot?

• True 1

7 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

What the hell even does have a discernible result? The only thing I've seen bump any numbers was Biden dropping out.

It's hard to say, but I just don't see a downside for Trump in participating in another debate.  It's not like he can present himself as any further deranged!

All I know is that unskilled illegals that can't speak English, vote, or get a mortgage are coming to take jobs away from qualified trained people that speak the language used at their place of employment and are buying up all the houses making home prices high. How can I not vote for Trump?

• Haha 2
  • True 1

41 minutes ago, Jason said:

The fact that this problem seems to mainly afflict this thread I'm guessing it's connected to how many pages this thread has.

Actually I guess not, the trans panic thread is affected too and that's only two pages. 

@Commissar SFLUFAN do you know how to put in a bug report with Invision? 

21 minutes ago, Reputator said:

There's one key difference between 2022 and 2016/2020: he wasn't on the ballot in that election to juice GOP turnout.

1 hour ago, osxmatt said:

Random question but threads I’ve replied to used to have a star next to them instead of a generic circle, but that seems to have gone away.

Is that happened to anyone else?

I've been having the same issue with multiple threads. 

1 hour ago, Reputator said:

Is he really polling behind in swing state polls? From what I’ve seen, most of these results that show Harris or Trump ahead are narrow, like 2-3%.  That’s within the statistical margin of error which means it’s tied. Trump winning by a couple points is consistent with no polling error.  It would be a polling error if either candidate won by 4 or 5 points. 

Edit: I didn’t look at all these battleground polls to see how often they’re within the margin of error, but the ones I’ve seen lately seemed to be in it. 

8 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

Is he really polling behind in swing state polls? From what I’ve seen, most of these results that show Harris or Trump ahead are narrow, like 2-3%.  That’s within the statistical margin of error which means it’s tied. Trump winning by a couple points is consistent with no polling error.  It would be a polling error if either candidate won by 4 or 5 points. 

Edit: I didn’t look at all these battleground polls to see how often they’re within the margin of error, but the ones I’ve seen lately seemed to be in it. 

You're just restating the arguments SFLUFAN was making.

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

How do you even appeal to working class, non-educated men? They are literally voting for things that go against their interests. Is it just that you need a Big Man who is angry? Appealing to economics doesn't work, in terms of things that help unions and wages.

Welcome to the South, they've been doing it since 1865 just to make a point. 

I think someone like a Jon Stewart would do well since he can go populist without it being insanity. "$750 checks? That's why we need Congress, Mike Johnson to get their ass back to Washington, and do their job." 

10 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

@osxmatt @GeneticBlueprint @Jason - I'm seeing the stars on my end which leads me to believe that it might be a caching issue? 

I've been seeing it across different devices so seems unlikely? When the star goes missing on a thread it temporarily reappears when you make another post in the thread, so it could just be showing for you because you've posted in here recently. I just logged into the boards on my phone in a browser I don't normally use for the boards on my phone and am seeing the same behavior.

• Halal 1