Rock the Vote '24: update (10/14) - Harris to be interviewed by Fox News on Wednesday

6 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I guess a memo was circulated

Screenshot_20241009_063119_Google_News.png

Trump literally ducked an interview with 60 mins and is chickening out on another debate but yeah sure Harris isn’t everywhere

just preying on rightly nervous Dems for clicks

• True 3

22 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Trump literally ducked an interview with 60 mins and is chickening out on another debate but yeah sure Harris isn’t everywhere

just preying on rightly nervous Dems for clicks

And after Harris literally was on like 4 interviews this week, and Trump wasn't. The MSM is just mad she isn't sitting down with the NYT.

• Halal 1

23 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

And after Harris literally was on like 4 interviews this week, and Trump wasn't. The MSM is just mad she isn't sitting down with the NYT.

Literally when she was barnstorming huge live rallies like 6 times a week they complain she wasn't doing interviews.

Now she doing interviews and they complain she is not doing enough events.

Literally picking a 5-7 day stretch where she is doing a certain type of schedule and then complaining that she is not doing different types of events during that time period.

Really reminds me of when Sony/MS/Nintendo would be having crappy sales so instead of actual numbers we would get the "sales improved 50% year over year for the second half of January". Only instead of cherry picking to make things look good they are cherry picking whatever thing Harris isn't currently doing to make her look bad.....

I remember listening to a lot of podcasts after 2016 where reporters honestly seemed to be trying to grapple with the flaws in their reporting on Trump. Where they seemed to be trying to consider how to cover someone who can make things genuinely difficult. It is crazy having seen that reckoning to now see how careless, lazy, and sensationalist so much of the press has reverted to. The NYT basically playing Russian Roulette with Democracy because Joe Biden hurt their feelings or whatever.

• Halal 2

While Trump is having trouble with female voters, Harris seems to be having trouble with male voters, including Black and Hispanic males. She's making a last minute push, but I have a feeling Trump has locked in a lot of voters that were traditionally seen as reliably Democrat. Harris will have to tap into more moderates and never Trump GOP members while strengthening her lead with female voters to pull this off. 

• True 2

17 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

Trump's campaign event in Scranton, the birthplace of President Joe Biden, was the first of two in the battleground state Wednesday less than...

YOU DON'T SAY 

god just say the N word finally and get it over with

21 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

While Trump is having trouble with female voters, Harris seems to be having trouble with male voters, including Black and Hispanic males. She's making a last minute push, but I have a feeling Trump has locked in a lot of voters that were traditionally seen as reliably Democrat. Harris will have to tap into more moderates and never Trump GOP members while strengthening her lead with female voters to pull this off. 

I genuinely believe that her struggles with non-white working class male voters is what will end up costing her the election.

She'll probably win a higher precentage of white voters overall than any Democrat in ages, but it's at those margins among non-white working class males where an underlying cause for a defeat would most readily be identified.

4 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I genuinely believe that her struggles with non-white working class male voters is what will end up costing her the election.

Same here. I hope she can prove me wrong, but it's not looking good. 

9 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

Same here. I hope she can prove me wrong, but it's not looking good. 

I get the sense that the Trump campaign's intensified anti-migrant rhetoric is a direct result of internal polling data that indicates that it's having some "positive" effect within that demographic.

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I guess a memo was circulated

Screenshot_20241009_063119_Google_News.png

"The former president shits his pants on live television before calling Clarence Thomas the N-word. What does this mean for Kamala's campaign as this news leaves the Harris campaign absolutely devastated."

• True 1

7 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I get the sense that the Trump campaign's intensified anti-migrant rhetoric is a direct result of internal polling data that indicates that it's having some "positive" effect within that demographic.

The idea that anything of the trump campaign is data based is laughable on its face

How do you even appeal to working class, non-educated men? They are literally voting for things that go against their interests. Is it just that you need a Big Man who is angry? Appealing to economics doesn't work, in terms of things that help unions and wages.

I think Democrats are panicking because the election's important and if they're not 20 points ahead, they're concerned. Because Republicans are panicking as well:

POLITICO: Republicans are starting to raise alarms about Trump’s ground game

The Hill: Trump campaign’s ground game worries some Republicans

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Republican officials see Trump’s campaign as comparable in size to a midterm election rather than a presidential

2 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

The idea that anything of the trump campaign is data based is laughable on its face

Seriously. I'm sure they have analysts, but nothing that man does is based on evidence or data, haha. You can't control Trump, keep him on message or anything. You can sometimes hit him with reverse psychology, but the idea has to stay in his head long enough for the walk to the stage from the buffet.

1 minute ago, SaysWho? said:

and if they're not 20 points ahead, they're concerned. Because Republicans are panicking as well:

If the polls said we were up 20 I’d be worried the polls are completely broken and I know I wouldn’t be alone in this. 

a little anxiety is to be expected!

4 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Seriously. I'm sure they have analysts, but nothing that man does is based on evidence or data, haha. You can't control Trump, keep him on message or anything. You can sometimes hit him with reverse psychology, but the idea has to stay in his head long enough for the walk to the stage from the buffet.

They also are there to appeal to an audience of one not necessarily to give an honest assessment of the race

like we know the people he hires, we saw it in both of the previous campaigns and his stint as president. This isn’t a man who likes unflattering data or news

7 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

OK, fine, but let's not discount the possibility that the anti-migrant scaremongering has resonated with at least some segments of the population who ain't honkies!

2 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

Random question but threads I’ve replied to used to have a star next to them instead of a generic circle, but that seems to have gone away.

Is that happened to anyone else?

Yes I’ve noticed that too. Stars indicate you’ve replied in thread at some point. But this thread specifically seems to have that functionality broken. It’ll go back to a Star but then turn to a circle soon. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

How do you even appeal to working class, non-educated men? They are literally voting for things that go against their interests. Is it just that you need a Big Man who is angry? Appealing to economics doesn't work, in terms of things that help unions and wages.

You don’t. They don’t have the capacity to envision, which is what we desperately need. If I’m not being horrifically insulting, one also can’t deny their lived experience. They work in hard jobs and life hasn’t gotten easier. Therefore the first person that group is going to gravitate toward is a person who validates their insecurities while also promising nothing but sunshine.

Just now, GeneticBlueprint said:

Yes I’ve noticed that too. Stars indicate you’ve replied in thread at some point. But this thread specifically seems to have that functionality broken. It’ll go back to a Star but then turn to a circle soon. 

It only happens on this specific thread for me, everything else is fine.

• True 2

Just now, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

OK, fine, but let's not discount the possibility that the anti-migrant scaremongering has resonated with at least some segments of the population who ain't honkies!

Oh, I have no doubt about that. There's a lot of Leopards Eating People's Faces Party folks out there.

1 minute ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

It resonates with anyone who is afraid that their hard-earned honest living might be taken away by those who have nothing and want (according to the GOP) everything. It’s also simple othering, which anyone who has fears (read: anyone) is liable to respond to.

• True 1

5 minutes ago, S3xB0t said:

It resonates with anyone who is afraid that their hard-earned honest living might be taken away by those who have nothing and want (according to the GOP) everything. It’s also simple othering, which anyone who has fears (read: anyone) is liable to respond to.

Correct!

And while those sentiments have largely been the provenance of the white working class for decades, this most recent bout of inflation hit non-white working class families pretty damned hard which makes them especially vulnerable to the rhetoric.

• True 1

10 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

It’s entirely possible that the pre 2020 trends continue and race is less salient than gender and educational attainment I’ll not be denying that. It’s also why I think we need to push back hard on the idea that mass deportation is the key to success for this country.

But the trump tail is wagging the campaign dog here

Just now, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Correct!

And while those sentiments have largely been the provenance of the white working class for decades, this most recent bout of inflation hit non-white working class families pretty damned hard which makes them especially vulnerable to the rhetoric.

Wait until they discover consumer prices after extraordinary tariffs! 

12 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

The immigrants are taking our stars.  

• Shocked 1