Rock the Vote '24: update (10/14) - Harris to be interviewed by Fox News on Wednesday

21 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

I hate these types of interviews.  While I'm not asking for completely adversarial or combative interviews, fluffy interviews like this don't move the needle for me.  Do they move the needle for anyone?  

That's all she's gotten. They've all been "gotcha" interviews. She needed something that humanizes her and helps her seem relatable to people.

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I think it may be targeted for the audience of The View, which I'm certain 99% of us here are not.

I think the Views main audience is the Fox News website who writes 2-3 vapid hit pieces about this show per week

19 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Hmm, I wonder why the Teamsters Union didn't endorse Harris, even though a vast majority of their actual locals did, and their members overall...

169mcTm.png

Apparently the only other time they haven't issued in endorsement in decades was Hillary. :thinking:

Surely just a coincidence though. 

• True 1

17 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

How exactly does one cheat on an election?

By refusing to certify results, throwing out large portions of mail-in ballots for partisan reasons, removing ballot drop boxes, slowing down the mail system during election season, removing polling locations, gerrymandering, disallowing third-party voter registration services, and defunding education (more indirect). For starters.

2 minutes ago, Reputator said:

By refusing to certify results, throwing out large portions of mail-in ballots for partisan reasons, removing ballot drop boxes, slowing down the mail system during election season, removing polling locations, gerrymandering, disallowing third-party voter registration services, and defunding education (more indirect). For starters.

No no, that is how you cheat IN an election, or during an election. I need to know what it looks like to cheat ON an election.

:ceb:

• Halal 1

Just now, Uaarkson said:

No no, that is how you cheat IN an election, or during an election. I need to know what it looks like to cheat ON an election.

Oh, my bad. Uh, you get someone else to give you all the answers.

Oh wait those are just called voter guides.

2 hours ago, Massdriver said:

The posts on polling dried up here. I’m having to go to other websites now!

NYT poll showed nearly 9% of GOP voters going Harris, up from 5%. Battleground polls are still showing a tie I think. 

I can’t fathom a percentage that large of GOP voters going Harris but battleground states still being a tie. Those kind of numbers should be creating new battleground states. 

You guys realize that in an election in which it's almost a guarantee no one will win more than 50% of the vote, polls are functionally useless, right?

With a margin of error of at least 3% they don't mean shit. Unless it was projected to be such a landslide that -3 wouldn't mean anything, in which... They still don't mean shit.

• True 1

5 hours ago, Massdriver said:

The posts on polling dried up here. I’m having to go to other websites now!

NYT poll showed nearly 9% of GOP voters going Harris, up from 5%. Battleground polls are still showing a tie I think. 

Not much to post really, nothing has changed, lol.

Heres basically yesterday though.

Polling summary for October 8:

National Cygnal:

Harris +3

NYTimes/Siena Harris +3

Reuters/Ipsos Harris +2

YouGov Harris +3

Arizona

Impact/Fabrizio Trump +2

National Research Harris +1

Florida NYTimes/Siena Trump +13

Pennsylvania InsiderAdvantage Trump +2

Texas

FAU/Mainstreet USA Trump +5

NYTimes/Siena Trump +6

• Thanks 1

I hate that Colbert doesn’t release singular interview clips with the entire interview combined from the commercial break spots and instead does multiple clips. Everyone else just merges it all.

Anyway, I’ll be watching this in about 25 minutes 

• True 1

1 minute ago, S3xB0t said:

She speaks really well when she’s pissed off. I guess I’m just not sure who this moved the needle for, but it’s good exposure. 

No one really does know. We live in a hyper partisan, dystopian tech time line. I think most of these campaign activities are best guesses on a checklist of ideas that use to work. Technology, gerrymandering, and business have reduced the voting wins to razor thin levels. No one is winning an election by 7-10% any more. There aren't landslide victories anymore. So I think a lot of "in the know" people make a lot of guesses. Ultimately, I think many political insiders are just comforting themselves by keeping busy/active as a phycological bulwark against fear and uncertainty!    

4 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Ultimately, I think many political insiders are just comforting themselves by keeping busy/active as a phycological bulwark against fear and uncertainty! 

:lol: Yes. It has certainly been my impression (and the polls agree) that “undecided” voters aren’t really a thing. We’re looking at national averages that put them within just a few percent movement. If anything all the campaigning is about building and sustaining hype for the people who were going to vote for you in the first place. 

APNEWS.COM

Global trade records show a printing company in China’s eastern city of Hangzhou shipped close to 120,000 of the Bibles to the United States between early February and late March.

Again not surprised. Betting good odds that Trump branded items coming from China would be free from his tariffs. 

• Haha 1

Susquehanna poll of PA 10 Congressional district:

In Pa’s hotly contested 10th Congressional District, our poll out later today shows Harris leading Trump in this GOP-leaning district 46:41. Trump won this district +4 in ‘20. This is not a good trajectory for GOP incumbent Con. Scott Perry. 

• Hype 2

5 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

Not much to post really, nothing has changed, lol.

Heres basically yesterday though.

Polling summary for October 8:

National Cygnal:

Harris +3

NYTimes/Siena Harris +3

Reuters/Ipsos Harris +2

YouGov Harris +3

Arizona

Impact/Fabrizio Trump +2

National Research Harris +1

Florida NYTimes/Siena Trump +13

Pennsylvania InsiderAdvantage Trump +2

Texas

FAU/Mainstreet USA Trump +5

NYTimes/Siena Trump +6

8 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

You guys realize that in an election in which it's almost a guarantee no one will win more than 50% of the vote, polls are functionally useless, right?

With a margin of error of at least 3% they don't mean shit. Unless it was projected to be such a landslide that -3 wouldn't mean anything, in which... They still don't mean shit.

8 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

462381885_27019966327618304_879308348865

New Quinnipiac polls

PA Harris 49% Trump 46%

MI Trump 50% Harris 47%

WI Trump 48% Harris 46%

These are some big swings from their last polls, so who knows.

Quinnipiac Poll: Nonwhite Voters

Michigan Harris 66% Trump 27%

Wisconsin Harris 51% Trump 38%

Pennsylvania (Labeled only as 'Black Voters') Harris 78% Trump 8%

Only one of these that seems likely is the PA numbers, so depending on how they're weighting these groups could explain their toplines.

• Thanks 1

On 10/7/2024 at 9:24 AM, SaysWho? said:

Harris is doing a media blitz, making waves with an interview to a mostly woman audience with "Call Her Daddy," the second most popular podcast.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Democrat responds on Call Her Daddy podcast to Arkansas governor saying she has nothing ‘keeping her humble’

Trump is now going after the Call Her Daddy host. He was also invited to go on the podcast but didn’t. Anyway, here’s him just barely holding back from calling her a dumb bitch:

He’s gonna say it before the election you just know it 

• True 1