Rock the Vote '24: update (10/14) - Harris to be interviewed by Fox News on Wednesday

1 minute ago, MarSolo said:

He’s from South Africa, so it’s an accent. 

Also, he’s on all the drugs.

Ok. This makes sense. I don't think he is on any drugs but I did read he drinks a ton of diet coke throughout the day. He's all hyped up on caffeine. 

3 minutes ago, Best said:

I've seen that entire interview with Rogan. He took maybe one hit and that was it. He was drinking booze though. 

He openly admits to using ketamine, and there are additional claims (as of yet unproven) that he regularly engages in the use of illicit drugs including cocaine, ecstasy, etc. There was a big ol WSJ report on this stuff.

• Halal 1

5 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

He openly admits to using ketamine, and there are additional claims (as of yet unproven) that he regularly engages in the use of illicit drugs including cocaine, ecstasy, etc. There was a big ol WSJ report on this stuff.

I did not know this. I mean if I was worth $264 billion who knows what the hell I'd be doing. 

54 minutes ago, Ominous said:

Me and my wife both dropped our absentee ballots off this weekend. Can I get an exemption from political ads and door knockers now?

You can always get an exemption, it's called moving to a solid blue state. 

2 hours ago, Ominous said:

Me and my wife both dropped our absentee ballots off this weekend. Can I get an exemption from political ads and door knockers now?

You think you got it bad for swing state attention? Because of my quirky location I seem to get the brunt of swing state ads(Ohio) but none of the voting power because technically I live in Indiana.

Speaking of which, hopefully there is some kind of algorithm thing going on for me because my main place to watch ads is YouTube and right now I am seeing about 20 or 30 pro-Moreno ads to every 1 of 2 pro-Brown ads.

You would think trans in girl sports was the most pressing issue of the fucking 21st century from the ad blitz I've been seeing for the past month. Because you know how important the santicity of women sports is to conservative men whose only occasion to talk about them prior to using them as a club against trans people was to speak authoritatively about how female athletes don't deserve to be paid worth a damn......

WWW.CNN.COM

Top aides to Kamala Harris are heading into the final month of the 2024 presidential race still wrestling with how much distance she can credibly claim from Joe Biden as she looks for more ways to weave in breaks with him on the campaign trail.

Neither aides in the Harris campaign nor the Biden White House would commit to another joint campaign event between now and the election.

Harris wants to create space, top aides say, but not too much space. She wants to be loyal — but she also wants to win. She is still planning to lean on Biden, who is flying to Milwaukee on Tuesday for an event trumpeting more projects made possible by administration efforts, to buck up union members or to park himself in battleground Pennsylvania for political stops in the final weeks. But no one on the vice president’s team is upset that Biden is headed to spend a whole week of October overseas on a non-pressing diplomatic trip to Germany and Angola. Some wish he’d go away for longer.

Aides say Biden’s decision to show up in the White House briefing room for his first time ever as president was aimed at breaking through to Americans a sense of a good week, in holding off more violence in the Middle East, ending the dockworkers’ strike and another strong monthly jobs report. He reveled in laughing dismissively at now-devoted Trump backer Florida Sen. Marco Rubio for calling the jobs numbers “fake.”

Biden aides did not coordinate the surprise appearance with Harris’ campaign, though they did provide a heads-up minutes before.

Harris aides did not find the appearance helpful. It was akin to how they felt on Thursday when Biden edged himself into the news by walking over to reporters so he could praise former Rep. Liz Cheney’s speech endorsing Harris.

Frustrations continue, though. In some corners of the West Wing and beyond, Biden allies can’t help noticing that Trump’s low-intensity schedule; rambling and sometimes stumbling speeches; and frequently misremembered stories don’t get turned on him as evidence of disqualifying incompetence, as happened to Biden in the spring.

Even into recent days, people who have spoken with close Biden advisers told CNN they have heard complaints that the president would be in the same spot or better right now had he stayed in the race.

Several leading Democratic operatives and officials laughed out loud when told by CNN about that sentiment, with one veteran consultant saying, “That’s literally insane.”

OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO @ the sections I highlighted :rofl:

WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

The vice president is in need of allies in a community that remains frustrated with the administration's handling of the Israel-Hamas war.

A group of imams endorsed Vice President Kamala Harris in an open letter shared first with NBC News on Sunday, a critical boost as she steps up her efforts to win back disaffected Muslim voters amid the Israel-Hamas war.

Harris, the Democratic presidential nominee, has faced widespread anger from Muslim and Arab voters over the Biden administration’s support for Israel’s war in Gaza, and the community could be critical some battleground states, like Michigan.

The 25 Islamic religious leaders who signed the letter, which comes a year after the Oct. 7 terrorist attack that sparked the war, argue that Muslim voters have a duty to think logically about their voting decisions and that backing Harris “far outweighs the harms of the other options."

“She is a committed ceasefire candidate too and is the best option for ending the bloodshed in Gaza and now Lebanon,” they wrote.

The imams argued that former President Donald Trump is a threat to their community.

“Knowingly enabling someone like Donald Trump to return to office, whether by voting directly for him or for a third-party candidate, is both a moral and a strategic failure. Particularly in swing states, a vote for a third party could enable Trump to win that state and therefore the elections,” they wrote. 

“Given [Trump’s] well-documented history of harming our communities and country, as well as what he has promised he will do to Muslims and Palestinians should he return, it is incumbent upon us not to allow our high emotions to dictate our actions to our detriment,” the letter reads.

Mohamed Elsanousi, a Muslim community leader who helped organize the pro-Harris letter, noted that most of the 25 signers are permanent imams with sizable congregations, including some from swing states like Michigan, Pennsylvania, Georgia and North Carolina.

• Halal 2

Quite frankly, I'm quite irritated at the Biden administration's relatively anemic pushback against the disinformation spewing from the usual suspects regarding the recovery operations in NC.  They've responded to a few Xweets or had the FEMA director say that the disinformation is "ridiculous", "dangerous", or whatever, but that's no substitute for the goddamned President going on TV to give a televised national address with the FEMA director where they explain exactly what's being done, how much funding is being spent, and how the operations are proceeding going forward.

Why that hasn't been done -- ESPECIALLY with another major hurricane taking aim at Florida -- is utterly beyond me!

• True 2

9 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Quite frankly, I'm quite irritated at the Biden administration's relatively anemic pushback against the disinformation spewing from the usual suspects regarding the recovery operations in NC.  They've responded to a few Xweets or had the FEMA director say that the disinformation is "ridiculous", "dangerous", or whatever, but that's no substitute for the goddamned President going on TV to give a televised national address with the FEMA director where they explain exactly what's being done, how much funding is being spent, and how the operations are proceeding going forward.

Why that hasn't been done -- ESPECIALLY with another major hurricane taking aim at Florida -- is utterly beyond me!

That would interrupt nap time!

17 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Curtis Bashaw, the GOP candidate for the NJ Senate seat, appears to have experienced a medical issue (stroke?) on stage during his debate with Andy Kim.

Damn. He may be a republican but I can’t help but feel bad for the guy. Hope he’s okay. Good on his opponent for rushing over to check on him.

• Halal 3

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Yup, do a big boy move… get on all networks to address the nation.. dont frame it as addressing the misinformation as much as being clear as to whats being done as well as reassuring folks that they are not alone as well as highlighting some of the work being done by authorities, FEMA, and National Guard.

A clear set of statements will provide the information that folks will then take to social media to battle the BS

• True 1
  • Halal 3

11 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

Yup, do a big boy move… get on all networks to address the nation.. dont frame it as addressing the misinformation as much as being clear as to whats being done as well as reassuring folks that they are not alone as well as highlighting some of the work being done by authorities, FEMA, and National Guard.

A clear set of statements will provide the information that folks will then take to social media to battle the BS

Exactly! :twothumbsup:

Just wanted to pass this big hulking bong of high-grade Pineapple Express copium to everyone who's supporting Harris, I know with four weeks to go our nerves are all fried. (and James Carville's cajun instincts are predicting more October surprises, god forbid)

From the guy who not only predicted Trump's win in 2016, but knew the reasons why while the pundit class was overlooking them: "Do the Math: Trump is Toast"

From the early returns in Pennsylvania: "Early Voting PA Trends - Could Harris/Walz outperform polls in a key battleground state?"

Take a hit and don't think about the fact that truthfully nothing can consistently be gleaned from early voting patterns, and that Moore produces one batshit take to go with every spot-on one on a regular basis. (including, IMO, the latter half of that post)

Oh, and for anyone in an early voting state...vote.  VOTE, damn you!

• Hype 1

Harris is doing a media blitz, making waves with an interview to a mostly woman audience with "Call Her Daddy," the second most popular podcast.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Democrat responds on Call Her Daddy podcast to Arkansas governor saying she has nothing ‘keeping her humble’

• stepee 1

1 minute ago, SaysWho? said:

Harris is doing a media blitz, making waves with an interview to a mostly woman audience with "Call Her Daddy," the second most popular podcast.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Democrat responds on Call Her Daddy podcast to Arkansas governor saying she has nothing ‘keeping her humble’

If she wants a real boost she should go on Talk Tuah.

:troll:

• True 1
  • Halal 1

Also, good poll in North Carolina for Harris.

#New General election poll - North Carolina 

🔵 Harris 51% (+2)
🔴 Trump 49%

Last poll - 🟡 Tie

ActiVote #N/A - 400 LV - 10/6

A polls only thread would probably be best, though.

19 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Also, good poll in North Carolina for Harris.

#New General election poll - North Carolina 

🔵 Harris 51% (+2)
🔴 Trump 49%

Last poll - 🟡 Tie

ActiVote #N/A - 400 LV - 10/6

A polls only thread would probably be best, though.

ActiVote should be taken with a huge grain of salt as its an app-based polling firm that apparently doesn't does nothing to confirm where the data it reports comes from.