Rock the Vote '24: update (10/14) - Harris to be interviewed by Fox News on Wednesday

Speaking of voting I was filling out my absentee ballot this morning when my 18 month old son got ahold of an orange marker and scrawled a nice little line across the ballot. :sadsun: Now I get to make a trip downtown to get a new one. 

• Sad 1
  • Sicko 1

3 hours ago, Massdriver said:
WWW.POLITICO.COM

A 78 year old did more events than Harris the last few days. I could understand this strategy if she was +8 in battlegrounds, but it’s tied. Wasn’t this one of the reasons why Biden stepped aside? 

Lack of events during the final push is what lost Hillary the campaign IMO. 

• Halal 1

26 minutes ago, S3xB0t said:

Speaking of voting I was filling out my absentee ballot this morning when my 18 month old son got ahold of an orange marker and scrawled a nice little line across the ballot. :sadsun: Now I get to make a trip downtown to get a new one. 

Ballot fraud confirmed

34 minutes ago, S3xB0t said:

An “Orange Marker” says you.. sounds like someone has been subconsciously affected by the

spacer.png

• Hype 2

41 minutes ago, S3xB0t said:

Orange? Oh they'd definitely get the wrong idea on who you're voting for.

It was insanely weak voter turnout because everyone expected Hillary to win, she refused to do any actual campaigning, she indirectly shit on a lot of undecided voters with the basket of deplorables comment, she was never super likeable, never very charismatic, there's a whole fucking slew of reasons she lost and Harris isn't doing any of that nonsense.

Less town halls and stuff might be a mistake, but if she's really bad at them or turns people off during them, doing a bunch of them would probably be a worse mistake. I say play to your strengths in a race like this rather than trying to overpower your weaknesses.

That said, I'm not in the campaign, don't know her personally, and have no idea. Maybe she'd nail town halls and similar events, but I'd like to think people running it have probably weighed the options quite heavily.

• Halal 4

8 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

It was insanely weak voter turnout because everyone expected Hillary to win, she refused to do any actual campaigning, she indirectly shit on a lot of undecided voters with the basket of deplorables comment, she was never super likeable, never very charismatic, there's a whole fucking slew of reasons she lost and Harris isn't doing any of that nonsense.

Less town halls and stuff might be a mistake, but if she's really bad at them or turns people off during them, doing a bunch of them would probably be a worse mistake. I say play to your strengths in a race like this rather than trying to overpower your weaknesses.

That said, I'm not in the campaign, don't know her personally, and have no idea. Maybe she'd nail town halls and similar events, but I'd like to think people running it have probably weighed the options quite heavily.

I still say anyone else gets that “Pokémon go to the polls” joke over.

1 hour ago, Xbob42 said:

Yep I don't know that a town hall would help her either, considering she did a town hall already, which was full of people already supporting her, and all her answers were flashcard responses. Just excerpts from her stump speeches (with the exception of the comment on shooting intruders which she immediately seemed to regret). If that's all she's going to give, I don't think there's much point. You're not going to break new ground with people.

7 minutes ago, Reputator said:

Yep I don't know that a town hall would help her either, considering she did a town hall already, which was full of people already supporting her, and all her answers were flashcard responses. Just excerpts from her stump speeches (with the exception of the comment on shooting intruders which she immediately seemed to regret). If that's all she's going to give, I don't think there's much point. You're not going to break new ground with people.

She will be doing a "real" town hall for Univision on October 10.  I genuinely do want her to do at least one more on a major network.

Lots of traffic about Biden-Harris sending tons of money to aid Lebanon (160 million) and only 2 million (additional) to South Carolina.. Trump of course did a GoFundMe which raised 3 million for Florida and has started to say FEMA money is being diverted towards those damn Migrants… so the next disinformation grift has begun

anything and everything… If Walz goes on Fox I hope he is ready because they will definitely be setting to ambush and fluster him

40 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

Lots of traffic about Biden-Harris sending tons of money to aid Lebanon (160 million) and only 2 million (additional) to South Carolina.. Trump of course did a GoFundMe which raised 3 million for Florida and has started to say FEMA money is being diverted towards those damn Migrants… so the next disinformation grift has begun

anything and everything… If Walz goes on Fox I hope he is ready because they will definitely be setting to ambush and fluster him

100 million was approved for nc alone today, these people are just stupid. 

17281733340488798922472799836834.png?ex=

4 hours ago, 5timechamp said:

They're latching onto a statement made by HSS and claiming it as their "source".

WWW.NEWSWEEK.COM

Texas Governor Greg Abbott and the Trump campaign said the agency's Disaster Relief Fund could benefit from the $650 million being spent on migrant services.
3 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

Trump has truly people MAGA selfish. Any money that goes to Ukraine, Israel, or migrants is money that belongs to them (Americans).

17 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Meanwhile the house won't be reconvening because Johnson wants the full damage to be "Tabulated" before formulating an aid bill, lol.

Doesn't it take literal years to fully assess the damage from stuff like this?? There's no magic fairy out there surveying all the damage in a couple days!

13 hours ago, 5timechamp said:

13 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

11 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

94 more million than trump did after Matthew

9 hours ago, cusideabelincoln said:

They're latching onto a statement made by HSS and claiming it as their "source".

WWW.NEWSWEEK.COM

Texas Governor Greg Abbott and the Trump campaign said the agency's Disaster Relief Fund could benefit from the $650 million being spent on migrant services.

Trump has truly people MAGA selfish. Any money that goes to Ukraine, Israel, or migrants is money that belongs to them (Americans).

IMG-9776.jpg

• Halal 1
  • Hype 1

I watched Musk come on stage and give his talk. Again, I'm asking this question, does Musk have a speech problem?

Every time I listen to him he slurs his words and overall struggles to speak normally. 

I'm not criticizing him just curious. 

Just now, Best said:

I watched Musk come on stage and give his talk. Again, I'm asking this question, does Musk have a speech problem?

Every time I listen to him he slurs his words and overall struggles to speak normally. 

I'm not criticizing him just curious. 

He’s from South Africa, so it’s an accent. 

Also, he’s on all the drugs.

• Thanks 1