Rock the Vote '24: update (10/14) - Harris to be interviewed by Fox News on Wednesday

WWW.RAWSTORY.COM

Donald Trump mocked the widow of his supporter killed by a would-be assassin's bullet at one of his rallies, according to a leaked audio recording of him speaking to donors in Colorado.The former president's dinner guests erupted in laughter as he quipped about the woman grieving her slain husband a...

Donald Trump mocked the widow of his supporter killed by a would-be assassin's bullet at one of his rallies, according to a leaked audio recording of him speaking to donors in Colorado.

The former president's dinner guests erupted in laughter as he quipped about the woman grieving her slain husband after he presented her with a check, according to the recording, and he suggested that some of the donors' wives would gladly trade their lives for money, reported The Guardian.

“So they’re going to get millions of dollars but the woman, the wife, this beautiful woman, I handed her the check," Trump told the appreciative audience. "We handed her the check – and she said, ‘This is so nice, and I appreciate it, but I’d much rather have my husband.’ Now, I know some of the women in this room wouldn’t say the same.”

Not jokes about the dead man or his wife, but definitely making light of the situation in a completely inappropriate way.

8 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

His supporters deserve what they get. 

I'm actually wanting to fact check him saying they're going to get "millions of dollars," considering he doesn't pay people he actually owes, I can't imagine him paying someone he doesn't technically owe very much at all.

3 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

I'm actually wanting to fact check him saying they're going to get "millions of dollars," considering he doesn't pay people he actually owes, I can't imagine him paying someone he doesn't technically owe very much at all.

Either there was no check or the check bounced. 

Did he even meet her in person? I remember he didn't even call her until the reporting that she refused the call from Biden. 

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:
WWW.RAWSTORY.COM

Donald Trump mocked the widow of his supporter killed by a would-be assassin's bullet at one of his rallies, according to a leaked audio recording of him speaking to donors in Colorado.The former president's dinner guests erupted in laughter as he quipped about the woman grieving her slain...

Not jokes about the dead man or his wife, but definitely making light of the situation in a completely inappropriate way.

I remember this being reported closer to when it happened too. Maybe they didn’t have the audio at the time. 

2 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

More of these things are said/done but his supporters are more than willing to be treated this way.

It’s just a symptom of the underlying rot in this corporation. 

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Did Dark Brandon possess the watch?

They gave everyone an LED wristband as they went in. Her friend got a blue one.spacer.png

The only weird part was that they made everyone hold them up in front of their eyes and repeat, thrice, “I promise to win this election for President Kamala by voting three times.”

It’s probably nothing.

• Haha 2
  • Sicko Sherman 1

42 minutes ago, S3xB0t said:

They gave everyone an LED wristband as they went in. Her friend got a blue one.spacer.png

The only weird part was that they made everyone hold them up in front of their eyes and repeat, thrice, “I promise to win this election for President Kamala by voting three times.”

It’s probably nothing.

5G enabled

College Basketball Lights GIF by Capital One

• True 1

14 hours ago, Teva said:

lol I think its just a really bad shot. 

spacer.png

Oh, that’s the artist, I can’t remember his name, but he portrays himself as a “right winger” and then posts all these edited photos of himself with people where they look TERRIBLE.

He even posts photos of his “son”, and his son always looks like a little Hitler.

WWW.POLITICO.COM

Democratic operatives, including some of Kamala Harris’ own staffers, are growing increasingly concerned about her relatively light campaign schedule, which has her holding fewer events than Donald Trump and avoiding unscripted interactions with voters and the press almost entirely.

In interviews with POLITICO, nearly two dozen Democrats described Harris as running a do-no-harm, risk-averse approach to the race they fear could hamper her as the campaign enters its final 30-day stretch.

And beyond concerns about her schedule, Democrats argue that Harris would benefit from venues that allow her to introduce herself to voters in a more authentic way, such as town hall events, more sit-down interviews and unscripted exchanges with voters.

A 78 year old did more events than Harris the last few days. I could understand this strategy if she was +8 in battlegrounds, but it’s tied. Wasn’t this one of the reasons why Biden stepped aside? 

7 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Oh, that’s the artist, I can’t remember his name, but he portrays himself as a “right winger” and then posts all these edited photos of himself with people where they look TERRIBLE.

He even posts photos of his “son”, and his son always looks like a little Hitler.

It’s this guy:

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Massdriver said:
WWW.POLITICO.COM

A 78 year old did more events than Harris the last few days. I could understand this strategy if she was +8 in battlegrounds, but it’s tied. Wasn’t this one of the reasons why Biden stepped aside? 

This is weird because I'm literally seeing a new video on youtube every day of another rally she's hosting. And then she has one or two major TV events coming up this month. Not to mention Obama and Jennifer Garner are doing campaign events for her. Trump can't even get anybody to campaign for him except his running mate.

47 minutes ago, Reputator said:

This is weird because I'm literally seeing a new video on youtube every day of another rally she's hosting. And then she has one or two major TV events coming up this month. Not to mention Obama and Jennifer Garner are doing campaign events for her. Trump can't even get anybody to campaign for him except his running mate.

Her campaign has been very effective at amplifying the events she is doing. I am also pleased her campaign doesn’t take the bait from Trump and how they’re dumping money into door knocking. 

But if she loses, this will probably be one of the things talked about as a plausible reason why she lost. Her campaign thinks it’s too risky to get out there more. It’s like they’re turtling in a rts match. 

1 hour ago, Reputator said:

31 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

Her campaign has been very effective at amplifying the events she is doing. I am also pleased her campaign doesn’t take the bait from Trump and how they’re dumping money into door knocking. 

But if she loses, this will probably be one of the things talked about as a plausible reason why she lost. Her campaign thinks it’s too risky to get out there more. It’s like they’re turtling in a rts match. 

I know we’re pretty much all Team Harris here but I get the impression that she’s not all that personable. Don’t get me wrong, she is far and away the best person for the job in this race. I just think that her campaign is doing a lot of heavy lifting in terms of projecting a friendly brand. Shes more of a tough, no nonsense type. It doesn’t mean that she isn’t friendly and likable, but she didn’t get to where she is with a career path like she’s had by being warm and fuzzy. 

Just now, S3xB0t said:

I know we’re pretty much all Team Harris here but I get the impression that she’s not all that personable. Don’t get me wrong, she is far and away the best person for the job in this race. I just think that her campaign is doing a lot of heavy lifting in terms of projecting a friendly brand. Shes more of a tough, no nonsense type. It doesn’t mean that she isn’t friendly and likable, but she didn’t get to where she is with a career path like she’s had by being warm and fuzzy. 

Just like the debates it’s all about ~*vibes*~

3 hours ago, S3xB0t said:

It’s probably nothing.

If Harris wins those wristbands will be pretty sweet keepsakes 

31 minutes ago, S3xB0t said:

Yeah I can see that. She's definitely had moments of off-putting directness, but other times she's seemed to have genuine empathy. When she's relaxed she actually does quite well and has a good quick wit, particularly while she was a Senator, but you can tell throughout this compressed campaign that she's seemed even more stiff and rigid, afraid to make even the tiniest gaff.