Rock the Vote '24: update (10/14) - Harris to be interviewed by Fox News on Wednesday

3 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:
WWW.DALLASNEWS.COM

Hive Bakery owner Haley Popp said death threats rolled in after she shared a picture of Tim Walz cookies on social media.

This is exactly why the bakery I bought from yesterday keeps making Trump cookies despite them barely selling compared to their Kamala cookies :p 

• stepee 1

A wholly accurate Trump cookie would be to take the shittiest dollar store cookie, resell them for $100 each, and call them “Freedom Lover Cookies” and include a QR code that takes you to the world’s sketchiest website to buy NFTs of a gold coin.

20 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

A wholly accurate Trump cookie would be to take the shittiest dollar store cookie, resell them for $100 each, and call them “Freedom Lover Cookies” and include a QR code that takes you to the world’s sketchiest website to buy NFTs of a gold coin.

I thought it would just be a hydrox that someone gaslights you into believing is an oreo.

WWW.POLITICALFLARE.COM

The world’s worst-kept secret may be that Donald Trump has repeatedly made gross sexual comments and observations about his daughter, Ivanka Trump. And we are talking gross. And I’m not talking about...

The world’s worst-kept secret may be that Donald Trump has repeatedly made gross sexual comments and observations about his daughter, Ivanka Trump. And we are talking gross.

And I’m not talking about pride for his daughter’s personal attributes or accomplishments, like most parents. This is some next-level stuff.

In a recent book from a White House aide we learned that Trump made disgusting comments about his daughter in the Oval Office. “Aides said he talked about Ivanka Trump’s breasts, her backside, and what it might be like to have sex with her,” Miles Taylor wrote in his book, Blowback: A Warning to Save Democracy from the Next Trump. His remarks, Taylor writes, were so gross that John Kelly, who was White House chief of staff from 2017 to 2019, once had “to remind the president that Ivanka was his daughter”.

You may remember Miles Taylor as the famous “anonymous” who wrote an op-ed for the New York Times called “I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration”.

After his p*ssy-grabbing comments recorded on the infamous Access Hollywood tape from 2005 became public, it’s not exactly surprising to hear of Trump’s history of alleged misconduct with women. ABC published a very thorough list in June 2020 that placed the current number of sexual misconduct accusers against Trump at 17, though the Trump White House’s official stance was that all of these women are lying and Ivanka has repeatedly said that she believes her father over his female accusers.

So let’s take a look at some of the cringe-worthy things Trump has said about his first-born daughter, Ivanka.

1. Trump allegedly once asked a columnist if it was wrong to be more sexually attracted to your daughter than your wife.

According to Buzzfeed News, Columnist Richard Cohen claimed in a draft for a Washington Post op-ed published in November 2016 that Donald Trump once allegedly asked him, “Is it wrong to be more sexually attracted to your own daughter than your wife?”

The line was reportedly edited out and never published, but was allegedly in reference to Ivanka, who was 13 at the time. In a statement sent to BuzzFeed News, The Washington Post’s editorial page editor Fred Hiatt said:

“We (or the Washington Post Writers Group, our affiliated syndicate) edit every column to try to make it as good as it can be … We don’t think it would be fair to our writers to discuss the editing process, and don’t see what is to be gained by talking about things that are not published — there are countless drafts that never see the light of day.”

We don’t know why it wasn’t published.

I’m guessing Michael Cohen had something to do with it though. The columnist who wrote the piece, Richard Cohen (I doubt any relation to Michael) had no reason to lie. He was an acclaimed columnist who worked for the Washington Post since 1968. Again, I’m guessing that line was removed after a threatening call from Michael Cohen who was Trump’s fixer at the time and was known to be very mean and threatening. 

Whenever I think of Trump making this comment about his daughter, I think of this photo and all the things wrong with it. They are sitting on a statue of two parrots having sex. Look at how she’s looking at him. Look at how he is holding her hips. THIS IS JUST SO WRONG FOR SO MANY REASONS. And this photo was taken in 1996, when Ivanka was 13 or 14. Makes you want to heave, doesn’t it?

In fact, there are many photos of Trump with JUST Ivanka, not Don Jr or Eric, and the photos are just weird. Like this one with his hands holding her shoulders under her dress. Like, does this give you the icks?

2. Trump joked on Wendy Williams’ talk show about how he and his daughter both liked sex.

In 2013, Donald Trump and Ivanka were guests on the Wendy Williams Show. They were asked what their favorite thing they had in common was.

Ivanka replied: Either real estate or golf.

Which is kind of understandable, for the daughter of Donald Trump.

Trump then replied: Well, I was going to say sex, but I can’t relate that to her.

The crowd laughed, but we’re not really sure what the joke is.

3. Trump allegedly compared two alleged mistresses to Ivanka

In a March 2018 CNN interview with Anderson Cooper, former Playboy model Karen McDougal discussed an affair she allegedly had with Trump over a decade ago. McDougal alleged that Trump said McDougal was “beautiful like her,” referring to Ivanka.

In an interview with In Touch, which was conducted in 2011 but was not published until 2018, Stormy Daniels recalled that Trump allegedly compared her to his daughter. “He told me once that I was someone to be reckoned with, beautiful and smart just like his daughter.”

4. Trump said he likes it when Ivanka calls him “daddy.”

At a rally in North Dakota in September 2017, Trump brought Ivanka on stage and announced that he likes it when his daughter, a senior White House adviser, calls him “daddy.”

“Come on up, honey,” the president said of his 36-year-old daughter before adding that it was her idea to join him at the rally.

“She said, ‘Dad, can I go with you?'” Trump said. “She actually said, ‘Daddy, can I go with you?’ I like that. ‘Daddy, can I go with you?’ I said, ‘Yes, you can.'”

5. Trump said, “If I weren’t happily married and, ya know, her father … “

Trump made yet another suggestive comment to Rolling Stone reporter Paul Solotaroff in a September 2015 story about Ivanka’s beauty.

“Yeah, she’s really something, and what a beauty, that one. If I weren’t happily married and, ya know, her father…,” Trump said.

Ya know? I wish Solotaroff said, “No, I don’t know. Why don’t you elaborate?”

6. Trump said “he kisses Ivanka every chance he gets”

During a taping for The Dr. Oz Show in September 2016, Trump took his fatherly affection to new heights. According to a source from the audience, Ivanka walked onto the set and kissed both her father and Dr. Oz in greeting. When Dr. Oz said it was “nice to see a dad kiss his daughter,” Trump responded that he kisses Ivanka “every chance he gets.”

I just have one word…GROSS!

11 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I didn’t know which thread to post this in, here or the hurricane thread… some will say “neither” but I just don’t work that way :nottalking:

b7gKzdJ.jpeg

Easy for him to do with his diaper being a built in inflatable device 

48 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:
THENEVADAINDEPENDENT.COM

The poll, created in collaboration with The Tarrance Group — a leading Republican polling firm — found that support for ballot Question 7 cuts across party lines.

GOP pollster finds Harris up 47-43 in Nevada. 

Nevada is one of 14 states that does not require a form of identification while voting, relying instead on voters’ signatures for verification, although ID is required to register. 

That’s insane to me. You should need something even if it is just a bill or a damn library card. Nothing strict or arbitrary like what the gop tries to push (e.g. accepting a gun license but not a student id? Come on) but even here in VA you could (can still?) get a free Id from the state mailed to you

31 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

That’s insane to me. You should need something even if it is just a bill or a damn library card. Nothing strict or arbitrary like what the gop tries to push (e.g. accepting a gun license but not a student id? Come on) but even here in VA you could (can still?) get a free Id from the state mailed to you

All we do in NY is tell them our name and address, and they see if we're on the list, sign on a digital pad and then vote, people really over think this voting thing. 

49 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Neither a gun license or a student ID are particularly good forms of ID to verify residency, as a student can (and often) maintains residency in their home state while attending school, and you can get concealed weapons license for a state you don't live in.  Although I do remember when I was a resident of Oregon, my Utah CCL did show my Oregon street address. 

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

You don’t need any ID in Mass and it seems to work just fine? When you go they match your name to your address and that’s it.

I remember when I worked the polls one time. It was my first time and they made me the precinct inspector (which is the most important role) and it was on the heels of that Texas ID thing. So a lot of people came in saying, "Do I need to show you ID?" and we would say no and they'd be baffled.

23 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Neither a gun license or a student ID are particularly good forms of ID to verify residency, as a student can (and often) maintains residency in their home state while attending school, and you can get concealed weapons license for a state you don't live in.  Although I do remember when I was a resident of Oregon, my Utah CCL did show my Oregon street address. 

One is perfectly fine and the other is not per the Texas government. This is an overly onerous and arbitrary example to be sure but it is real. 

But the fact that “voter ID” laws are massively popular means it’s probably best to get ahead of them and have the least restrictive version out there. Not to appease the chuds or whatever but to easily counter the “we need voter id laws” with “we already have them”. And if you don’t see a problem politically with the lack of ID in the abstract (given the media framing around everything) I dunno what to tell you. 

WWW.BBC.COM

Her apparent support of abortion access puts her at odds with her husband, who has taken credit for helping to overturn Roe v Wade.

“It is imperative to guarantee that women have autonomy in deciding their preference of having children, based on their own convictions, free from any intervention or pressure from the government."

“Why should anyone other than the woman herself have the power to determine what she does with her own body? A woman’s fundamental right of individual liberty, to her own life, grants her the authority to terminate her pregnancy if she wishes," she continues.

“Restricting a woman’s right to choose whether to terminate an unwanted pregnancy is the same as denying her control over her own body.

"I have carried this belief with me throughout my entire adult life.”