Rock the Vote '24: update (10/14) - Harris to be interviewed by Fox News on Wednesday

22 minutes ago, ort said:

I had no idea Ministry was still around. That song sounds like you asked an AI to make a fake Ministry song.

(Edit... Al Jourgenson is 65, OMG... and they've put out new studio albums every few years for 40 years now, who knew... I was pretty into them in high school, in the early 90s...)

Eh, any Ministry beyond The Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste is fake Ministry anyway. So as far as sounding like Psalm 69 stuff this is about as good as it gets.

29 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:
WWW.CNBC.COM

A federal judge will let expire a temporary restraining order against the Biden administration's sweeping new student loan forgiveness plan.

Which forgiveness plan? The SAVE plan? Or the 10k (20?) forgiveness?

4 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Which forgiveness plan? The SAVE plan? Or the 10k (20?) forgiveness?

It's the "Plan B" that was announced in April when SCOTUS struck down the original $20K forgiveness plan:

The proposed plan offers partial or full debt relief to borrowers in four circumstances: those who owe far more than they originally borrowed because of interest; those who have been paying for at least 20 or 25 years; those who attended career-training programs that led to high debt loads or low earnings; and those who are eligible for existing forgiveness programs but never applied.

A key feature of the plan, which was introduced in April, is the elimination of up to $20,000 in accrued interest for borrowers, regardless of their income. Single borrowers earning less than $120,000 or married couples earning less than $240,000 could qualify to have all of their accrued interest forgiven if they are enrolled in an income-driven repayment plan.

The case will now be transferred to the Eastern District of Missouri where the state's AG will ensure that the relief will be killed once and for all.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

:sickos:

My favorite part is what the judge said to her:

"Your lies are well documented, and these convictions are serious," District Judge Matthews Barrett said. "I'm convinced you would do it all over again if you could. You're as defiant as a defendant as this Court has ever seen."

"There are many things in my mind that are crystal clear about this case, you are no hero," Barrett added. "You abused your position, and you're a charlatan who used and is still using your prior position in office to peddle a snake oil that's been proven to be junk, time and time again."

• Sicko 3

3 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The case will now be transferred to the Eastern District of Missouri where the state's AG will ensure that the relief will be killed once and for all.

Right on schedule!

WWW.CNBC.COM

The Biden administration's new sweeping student loan forgiveness plan is temporarily blocked again, a federal judge ruled.

11 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Right on schedule!

WWW.CNBC.COM

The Biden administration's new sweeping student loan forgiveness plan is temporarily blocked again, a federal judge ruled.

Why are these assholes filled with so much hate for their fellow citizens? Corporate dick suckers to the core.

58 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

Dont forgive Missouri resident and plaster the folks responsible everywhere.. this being Missouri I expect they wouldnt want forgiveness from the damn Libs

This is the answer. Create the loan relief as a no strings attached, economic stimulus for states that wish to opt in.

25 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

This is the answer. Create the loan relief as a no strings attached, economic stimulus for states that wish to opt in.

could this actually get through? seems too easy and genius to work 

1 minute ago, johnny said:

President can do whatever the fuck he wants as the Supreme Court has already established. Get 'er done, Biden!

• Halal 1

1 minute ago, johnny said:

If I'm not mistaken, Missouri is suing for potential damages to in-staten!!] businesses that service and collect on my student loans; arguing that forgiving those loans will take money out of the state's coffers. If student loan forgiveness became opt in, I don't know what standing they'd have to seek an immediate injunction. Like they could take the White House to court for what they feel is illegal maneuvering without an act of Congress, but that feels different than the immediate injunction to stop any and all forgiveness they've been shooting for thus far.