Rock the Vote '24: update (10/14) - Harris to be interviewed by Fox News on Wednesday

9 minutes ago, legend said:

God debates are so fucking stupid. So Vance edges out the "win" but people thought Walz did better on the two issues and approximately tied for the other 3.

Sports-brained nonsense.

This is a poor way to understand the results, partly because the questions themselves are not great. The economy is a substantially more important issue to the majority of voters than the other four, so taking even a small win there gets you quite a ways further down the road to a perceived overall victory than winning or tying on more topics of less importance.

8 minutes ago, Best said:

Where are you getting the information that Vance came in as a joke? The right really supports him and he performs well in a situation like last night. Walz didn't come off confident and wasn't in his element. 

He’s the most unpopular VP in forever.

31 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Key data after VP debate

CNN POLL:

- More in touch with people like you? Walz +13

- Walz grew his net favorability +4 more than Vance

CNN FOCUS GROUP:

- 2 undecided MI voters said Vance’s J6 answer lost their vote

NBC FOCUS GROUP:

- 5 of 6 undecided PA voters said Walz won

The bar was so low for Vance, plus the media is thirsty for the rubber match so they are always inclined to say "they both won one".

This is one of those cases where the media is taken in by the "process" but voters seem to see it a different way.

13 minutes ago, Best said:

Where are you getting the information that Vance came in as a joke? The right really supports him and he performs well in a situation like last night. Walz didn't come off confident and wasn't in his element. 

Vance is by far the least liked candidate in this election, and has been since announced.  Overall though the VP debate is about not doing damage than making people vote for your guy, course the 2020 and Jan. 6th question seems to maybe have done a small amount of damage. 

5 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

If Trump loses and Vance survives the inevitable knife that Trump sticks in his back, then he'll be something completely different in a year or two.

100%  He's a shapeshifter with no defined moral or political compass.  

• True 1

20 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

This is a poor way to understand the results, partly because the questions themselves are not great. The economy is a substantially more important issue to the majority of voters than the other four, so taking even a small win there gets you quite a ways further down the road to a perceived overall victory than winning or tying on more topics of less importance.

The economy topic was only 51-49. You have to skew those weights quite a bit to get the win for Vance out of that and I'm quite skeptical that abortion is valued that relatively low to argue that it's just a difference in importance.

6 minutes ago, legend said:

The economy topic was only 51-49. You have to skew those weights quite a bit to get the win for Vance out of that and I'm quite skeptical that abortion is valued that relatively low to argue that it's just a difference in importance.

“It’s the economy, stupid” is a timeless quote for a reason.

You could also look up how important the issues as opposed to relying on gut feelings :p 

4 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

“It’s the economy, stupid” is a timeless quote for a reason.

You could also look up how important the issues as opposed to relying on gut feelings :p 

I'm not skeptical that it can be more important. I'm skeptical that its weight is as big as you're claiming to justify that people's concluded win is in fact based on the issues. If you want to convince me it's that substantially skewed, you're going to have to do more than cite a quote to me, which itself, is a gut feel on your part.

10 minutes ago, legend said:

I'm not skeptical that it can be more important. I'm skeptical that its weight is as big as you're claiming to justify that people's concluded win is in fact based on the issues. If you want to convince me it's that substantially skewed, you're going to have to do more than cite a quote to me, which itself, is a gut feel on your part.

This Pew Research poll provides pretty decent insight into the relative weighting of the issues.

WWW.PEWRESEARCH.ORG

Most voters name several issues as very important to their vote. Economy is the top issue. Other important issues: health care, Supreme Court, foreign policy, crime, immigration, guns, abortion.
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

On a pizza? In NYC? 

Doubt Reaction GIF

Cali pizza must be weird.

Look I'd rather just be safe than sorry and keep Tim away from anything from the listeria company mkay. Who knows if they had listeria meat on the same surface as the pizza. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Look I'd rather just be safe than sorry and keep Tim away from anything from the listeria company mkay. Who knows if they had listeria meat on the same surface as the pizza. 

I highly doubt that place is still using Boars Head despite the sign :p 

The biggest hoagie place in my area, Hogback Deli, always used Boars Head and had tons of signs promoting the fact they did. They kept their Boars Head signs up and put caution tape all over them with signs that said "no more" - I should've taken pictures, but when I asked why they kept the signs up they said "we want people to know that we're not using that company ever again". :p 

1 hour ago, mclumber1 said:

It was refreshing from my perspective to hear Vance admit that the GOP is doing a horrible job in terms of abortion politics.

When he kept repeating over and over again, we have to win back the trust of women... I'm upset that Walz didn't simply ask...

"What did the GOP do that caused women to lose trust in them? Why don't they trust you?"

• True 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1

14 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

You probably shouldn't befriend those school shooters, Tim.

14 hours ago, Brick said:

"I'm friends with school shooters" is going to be taken and memed by the chuds. Big oof on that gaffe. 

Have we learned nothing from Billy Madison? Be nice to them and you don’t get shot!