Rock the Vote '24: update (10/14) - Harris to be interviewed by Fox News on Wednesday

1 minute ago, SuperSpreader said:

I don't think it will have long legs

Nope, because literally nothing in this debate matters.

tim could have rolled out in a clown costume peddling a unicycle and it would've been remembered for about 8 hours.

• Haha 1
  • Halal 1

1 minute ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

It'll have the shelf life of about a day or two.

Oh no, it will be an obscure right wing sub-meme for years. They just do word association and will end up being referenced by Trump or a similar lackey years from now in an unrelated tweet about walz 

If you're still complaining about the media talking about plan details, they've literally just asked Vance to give a plan to protect people with pre-existing conditions because he has yet to do so, including in his previous answer.

• True 1

2 minutes ago, Comet said:

All Tim had to say was “People died on January 6th, this isn’t about Facebook ads” 

He did and then some. He nailed the answer and was very smart to tell Vance about his "damning non-answer."

If he said just your quote, that would give an opening for an "Ashli Babbit" answer.

• Thanks 1
  • True 1

I just finished watching. I can see now why VP debates don’t matter. Neither of them are standout political stars. Vance was (mostly) confident and composed, whereas Walz didn’t pass the vibe check in quite the same way, especially in the first impression.

Walz had many (most all) of the better answers. He had so many real world experiences as governor that proofed his answers, like any good politician should. He even got a few zingers in, with “if [she] was in Minnesota she would still be alive” and “that’s a damning non answer” probably being the hardest hitting. Vance provided next to no details on policy, whereas Walz hit on his campaign’s headlines multiple times over.

All in all it was probably the closest to a “real” debate we’ll get before November. What both candidates voiced was a willingness to agree with one another and talk about bipartisan solutions. Whether they both meant it is another thing, but that is what actually happens in the humdrum CSPAN-coverage of government’s day to day. 

Tonight was rather sobering for me in the way that it reminded me that tomorrow we come back to the US from our Canadian vacation. It was nice not being exposed to constant election coverage for a few days. 

• Halal 1

Good odds more people will get their info about this from clips than from watching it whole. So they're more likely to see the stuff bad for Vance than Walz stumbling around a little at the start.

• Halal 1

4 minutes ago, outsida said:

That’s a net 4 point gain head-to-head. 

You know, I'm just imagining if Walz had gained a 19 point point boost from a debate and almost came out of the negative favorability rating while Vance leaped to nearly 40, I'd be extremely fucking worried. Kind of nice to have the shoe on the other foot. At least for now.