Rock the Vote '24: update (10/14) - Harris to be interviewed by Fox News on Wednesday

47 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Got suckered by the both-sides-are-bad crew.

The both sides shit is getting so fucking old. How can you come to the conclusion that both Kamala and Trump are bad candidates but still somehow miss how much of an actual threat to the nation Trump represents?  Like, you’re almost there. Trump is bad bad, worse than Kamala in any sane reality. Not voting Kamala for the sole purpose of killing his chances at power is so fucking bafflingly irresponsible. Actually fuck that, it’s downright treasonous. Not voting is essentially a vote for Trump. It’s a vote for the dissolution of the United States as we know it.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

@SoberChefIn a way, not voting is itself a vote. 

Do I love Kamala Harris? No. I think the Democrat party are neo-liberal corporate dick suckers that value corporations above people.

However... the Republicans are also neo-liberal corporate dick suckers that value corporations above people AND they want to take away rights for anyone who isn't a straight white Christian male and also they think Climate change is a hoax. At least Democrats pay lip service to that last bit.

We will have one of those parties in power come January. Not voting is essentially casting a vote for the one you hate the most.

28 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

@SoberChefIn a way, not voting is itself a vote. 

Do I love Kamala Harris? No. I think the Democrat party are neo-liberal corporate dick suckers that value corporations above people.

However... the Republicans are also neo-liberal corporate dick suckers that value corporations above people AND they want to take away rights for anyone who isn't a straight white Christian male and also they think Climate change is a hoax. At least Democrats pay lip service to that last bit.

We will have one of those parties in power come January. Not voting is essentially casting a vote for the one you hate the most.

Don't forget that one term is all it took for Trump to destroy the Supreme Court for a generation or more.

If Hilary had won we would likely have a 5-4 court with a legitimate swing vote instead of the 6-3 insane asylum that we have now.

Setting aside policy and partisan issues, SCOTUS and the whole "tried to destroy democracy" thing should each be enough to make any same person want to defeat Trump.

• True 2
  • Halal 1

37 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

The both sides shit is getting so fucking old. How can you come to the conclusion that both Kamala and Trump are bad candidates but still somehow miss how much of an actual threat to the nation Trump represents?  Like, you’re almost there. Trump is bad bad, worse than Kamala in any sane reality. Not voting Kamala for the sole purpose of killing his chances at power is so fucking bafflingly irresponsible. Actually fuck that, it’s downright treasonous. Not voting is essentially a vote for Trump. It’s a vote for the dissolution of the United States as we know it.

This is how some Trump voters justify their vote:

Harris is more dangerous because she is purposefully allowing millions of illegal immigrants to come over to destroy the country. So while Trump isn't perfect and isn't my favorite guy, he at least will protect our borders and prevent illegals from voting, which will save the country.

2 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

Harris is more dangerous because she is purposefully allowing millions of illegal immigrants to come over to destroy the country. So while Trump isn't perfect and isn't my favorite guy, he at least will protect our borders and prevent illegals from voting, which will save the country.

As long as you don't look into his actual term stats too much!

29 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

Right but the difference is that this isn't based in reality or things that have happened or are happening.

• Halal 1

31 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

And their solution is ethnic cleansing, I’m sorry “mass deportation”, which will cause massive inflation and a depression, to say nothing of the direct human cost of “rounding up” millions of “illegals” (which will 100% include American citizens as if they ever cared about that)

• True 2

14 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

And their solution is ethnic cleansing, I’m sorry “mass deportation”, which will cause massive inflation and a depression, to say nothing of the direct human cost of “rounding up” millions of “illegals” (which will 100% include American citizens as if they ever cared about that)

What's the argument that mass deportations will cause massive inflation? I have ideas but I'm not sure.

Listen, I’m not going to rag on @SoberCheffor his stance, but I’ll give him some encouragement for AT LEAST voting for Kamala:

Seriously, imagine how fucking funny it’s going to be on Trump’s lasting legacy when he realizes he lost to not only “Sleepy Joe”, but to a black woman as well. 

It might kill him!

• Sicko 1
  • Halal 1
  • Hype 1

48 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

That reminds me of the segment John Stewart did last night on how Trump is the opposite of what people think of him. To link it, I'd have to look it up which fuck you, you can look it up.

They've created multiple fantasies, and they've been spinning this yarn since Obama. Believing in a fictional worldview is as second-nature to them now as breathing through their mouths. The country is this sci-fi post-apocalyptic realization of Escape from New York, and Trump is this messianic savior with this incredible track record. Nothing bad he ever did or said is true, and anything bad that did happen was someone else's (or some country's) fault. Facts are only a matter of believing, as they've been raised to think since church school, and believing is all about vibes. "Non-whites make me feel ichy, therefore all the county's (exaggerated) problems are their fault".

• True 2

Just now, Reputator said:

Also :lol:

So blatant.

It's a joke account. Here's an article from a few months ago.

WWW.REUTERS.COM

He's the rep of California's "54th district," which is impossible since it has 54 electoral votes, meaning 2 Senators and 52 reps.

1 hour ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Cheap labor goes away and now you have to pay "real" Americans to do the same work and they won't work for those same low wages.

That problem is solved by Trump passing the "Maximum Wage" order (backed by SCOTUS) that says certain jobs' wages must be frozen in order to protect the economy.

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

What's the argument that mass deportations will cause massive inflation? I have ideas but I'm not sure.

WWW.PIIE.COM

https://www.piie.com/sites/default/files/2024-09/wp24-20.pdf

Mass deportation detail on page 7-8 in the pdf above. It’s a supply shock! And this paper doesn’t go into a scenario where Trump wants to deport 20 million people, millions more than there are illegal immigrants, so millions of U.S. citizens and legal resident aliens are put into internment camps for “eventual” deportation under such a case. To note nothing of the violence and civil unrest this WILL cause. 

It’s also worth noting the whole of his policy proposals:

VMha2yY.jpeg

it is worth looking holistically at what his policies will likely do, and on the whole “by 2028 most prices in the U.S. economy … are between 20 and 28 percent higher than baseline”

• Thanks 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Rock the Vote '24: update (10/01) - It's VP Debate Night! Seriously - do something more productive instead!
Just now, Jason said:

I expect nonstop coverage from the NYT and WaPo until November 5 about how Trump won't do interviews.

Right...

Right???

Trump boldly resists biased media's offer to twist his words in liberal interviews, plan to "deport them by the millions" hailed as a hitherto unforeseen strategy that social media analysts say will revolutionize how nations operate.

lol

“Fake News. 60 Minutes begged for an interview, even after they were caught lying about Hunter Biden’s laptop back in 2020. There were initial discussions, but nothing was ever scheduled or locked in,” Trump campaign spokesman Steven Cheung said.

“They insisted on cutting out of the interview to do fact-checking,” Cheung added.

The Harris campaign immediately slammed Trump over his decision to skip the sit-down.

“Afraid of the debate stage. Afraid of 60 minutes. And his campaign team - after the last three days of increasingly unhinged and unstable ranting at his rallies - is clearly afraid of exposing him beyond comfortable confines,” said Harris senior adviser David Plouffe.

• stepee 1