Rock the Vote '24: update (10/14) - Harris to be interviewed by Fox News on Wednesday

14 minutes ago, Reputator said:

I feel like the amplifier buzz in the background just adds the chef's touch to the insanity.

That has to be so hard to sit through. It’s like going to see your favorite artist for the first time in a huge show after a decade of buying all their albums only for them to play two hits followed by two and a half hours of elevator music. 

8 minutes ago, S3xB0t said:

That has to be so hard to sit through. It’s like going to see your favorite artist for the first time in a huge show after a decade of buying all their albums only for them to play two hits followed by two and a half hours of elevator music. 

Morrissey

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

Morrissey

Lauryn Hill too. She showed up late af (over an hour), played weird long versions of her songs, and got cut off because it went past the scheduled show time for the venue. So the show randomly ended.

Spoiler

Best performers are probably

Nick Cave

Trent Reznor

Greg Puciato

Behemoth

7 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

The RNC has started to roll out their new messaging against Tim Walz in advance of tomorrow's debate: Traitor Tim. Basically, they are going to double-down on the retiring before his unit deployed thing...even though it didn't have any traction before.

They are going to send Vance out to do the "drag them both in the mud" thing. Not like it can get much worse for Vance.

But not sure it works to hurt Tim because he is the most liked person in the race and Vance is the least. At a certain point pretty much any attack is just going to bounce off Tim and make Vance look worse.

Walz has been smart. Attempting to get into the details on that thing only gives them a chance to score points. "I am proud to have served my country for 24 years. Next question".

• stepee 1

18 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

The RNC has started to roll out their new messaging against Tim Walz in advance of tomorrow's debate: Traitor Tim. Basically, they are going to double-down on the retiring before his unit deployed thing...even though it didn't have any traction before.

Tim Walz, the horse cum thief.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Tim Walz, the horse cum thief.

J.D. is 10 minutes late to the debate, everyone looks around nervously as they hear a loud scraping sound coming from somewhere.  J.D., sweating profusely, finally gets up on stage, struggling to drag some sort of large container.

"Sorry I'm late, but does this look familiar, Tim?"

Tim just stands there looking confused.

"Don't play dumb, Tim, this is a 50 gallon vat of horse cum! I know you guzzle it you weird fuck!"

• Haha 2

curious to see how long it takes Vance to declare the moderators hostile.. Trump can throw those types of tantrums, Vance is already starting with negative credit and his bitching can only make things worse… the “Americas Hitler” remark is easy pickings for anyone willing to question Vances values and self respect…..

I just hope Walz just slides some sly Sofa puns in there to annoy Vance

I hope Walz just goes off on this military service angle. He should push back hard as fuck. Just make Vance look like the mewling pathetic little bitch faced loser he is.

Don't brush it off or redirect... ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK. DIRECTLY, VICIOUSLY AND WITHOUT HOLDING BACK AT ALL. Make it a story. Make it the whole story.

• Hype 1

20 minutes ago, Jason said:

He’s not wrong, and a good amount of recent historical scholarship suggests that reproductive freedom could be protected under the 13th amendment as the lack of reproductive choice as a badge or incident of slavery and thus prohibited by the 13th amendment. 

The civil war amendments really are quite radical if given the proper context of the amendments, their text, and many of the authors themselves

9 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

He’s not wrong, and a good amount of recent historical scholarship suggests that reproductive freedom could be protected under the 13th amendment as the lack of reproductive choice as a badge or incident of slavery and thus prohibited by the 13th amendment. 

I read this sentence several times and I can't follow it.

13 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

The civil war amendments really are quite radical if given the proper context of the amendments, their text, and many of the authors themselves

3 minutes ago, Reputator said:

I read this sentence several times and I can't follow it.

He’s not wrong. Recent historical scholarship suggests that abortion could be protected under the 13th Amendment if a lack of reproductive choice is considered incident to slavery.

• Thanks 1

Some shit just makes me sad. 

I was waiting to get my Covid and Flu shots, sitting next to an old man. He seemed unassuming and kind and starts chatting to me. Then he begins lamenting the state of our country and says that even though he's not a fan of Trump he just has to vote against "her". His generic reason being she's going to change everything. 

Foxaganda's fear-mongering strikes again.

• Guillotine 1
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Some shit just makes me sad. 

I was waiting to get my Covid and Flu shots, sitting next to an old man. He seemed unassuming and kind and starts chatting to me. Then he begins lamenting the state of our country and says that even though he's not a fan of Trump he just has to vote against "her". His generic reason being she's going to change everything. 

Foxaganda's fear-mongering strikes again.

I'll bet the SHE part is why its so easy to discredit her in the minds of men of a certain age. 

3 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

They are going to send Vance out to do the "drag them both in the mud" thing. Not like it can get much worse for Vance.

But not sure it works to hurt Tim because he is the most liked person in the race and Vance is the least. At a certain point pretty much any attack is just going to bounce off Tim and make Vance look worse.

Walz has been smart. Attempting to get into the details on that thing only gives them a chance to score points. "I am proud to have served my country for 24 years. Next question".

At this point it has to be just tossing shit for the right wing memelords to repost