Rock the Vote '24: update (09/26) - JD Vance VP vetting dossier now available for download

1 hour ago, Jason said:
DARRELLOWENS.SUBSTACK.COM

California, Oregon and New York are just five years away from losing 10 congressional seats and electoral college votes to Republican states.

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

I remember reading what Riley shared weeks/months ago and I just read this and I feel this makes a LOT of assumptions.

1. How do they know who's moving? We've gotten many midwestern Republicans moving down to Florida, which is a big reason why it's been harder for Democrats to win here. By the logic of folks like the author here, that would make the upper midwest more winnable for Democrats. But this seems to be assuming that those people moving are liberals due to income. And I mean, there's something to people more disadvantaged being Democrats, but many low income people are also Republican and somehow think Trump is their champion for reasons that still make no sense. Many who are moving to Florida are NOT liberals. I wish they were, to be honest. 
  2. This was said in 2004 after Kerry won New Hampshire and flipped the state from Republican to Democratic but before he ended up losing Iowa/New Mexico. He was still at an electoral disadvantage. I specifically remember Larry King asking about it and being told by their analyst at the time that the south was gaining strength electorally and so it would be harder for Democrats to win with just their electoral bastions in New York, California, and Illinois. What happened? Obama easily won in 2008 by expanding the electoral map. Virginia became a purple state to a blue-leaning purple state. North Carolina voted Democratic. Indiana voted Democratic. Nebraska's 2nd voted for Obama. Colorado voted for Obama and is a reliably blue state after being a mostly Republican one. New Mexico and Iowa returned to Democrats. Montana was within 3 points. Some of those states reverted, but you also had states such as Georgia and Arizona which finally flipped to Democrats in 2020 (and hopefully will again). The map could look much different in terms of competitiveness in 2032. 
  3. California used to be a solidly Republican state with a ton of electoral votes. It was in many ways what Texas is to Republicans now, while Texas was more Democratic in the 60s and 70s. And Texas passing California in 20 years won't matter if Texas votes like California in 20 years. 

There's a lot of unproven assumptions, and I don't know where the information is coming from as to why people are leaving, who's leaving, etc. etc.

Great points. What is undeniable is that people are leaving blue states for red ones, where presumably there’s stronger GOP infrastructure. That could make changing voting patterns an uphill battle. However, we’ve seen with Texas that Democratic voters are trending upward, albeit slowly.

5 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

A review of the evidence that Donald Trump’s advantage relative to the national popular vote has declined significantly.

TLDR NYTs polling shows only a .7% difference in the EC and Popular vote, in the GOP's favor.

This is all well and good but it doesn't change the fact that somebody in Wyoming's vote counts more than 3x as much as mine. 

WWW.NYTIMES.COM

Declaring “I am a capitalist” in a speech in Pittsburgh, Kamala Harris promised not to be “constrained by ideology” even as she said she would fiercely defend unions and the middle class.

During a speech in Pittsburgh in which she declared “I am a capitalist,” Ms. Harris promised to protect and expand U.S. manufacturing as she tried to convince voters that she will defend and lift up the middle class.

Speaking not with the trappings of a raucous campaign rally but in front of the sober signage of the Economic Club of Pittsburgh, Ms. Harris delivered remarks seemingly tailored to voters sitting in wood-paneled offices reading the print edition of The Wall Street Journal. Such voters may have supported John McCain and Mitt Romney, and might believe the economy was better four years ago, but the Harris campaign appears to be hoping that many will now have trouble stomaching the idea of voting for former President Donald J. Trump.
She also pledged to invest in what she described as some of the most promising industries of the 21st century: bio-manufacturing, aerospace, artificial intelligence, blockchain technology and clean energy.

The goal, she said, should be that “the next generation of breakthroughs — from advanced batteries to geothermal to advanced nuclear — are not just invented but built here in America by American workers.”
At one point on Wednesday, Ms. Harris shouted out both the rank-and-file labor movement members who traditionally back her party and the city where she spoke. As president, she promised to offer tax credits for “expanding good union jobs in steel and iron and manufacturing communities like here in Mon Valley,” short for the Monongahela Valley, an industrial region south of Pittsburgh that has suffered as American industry declined.

48 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

GYWnNDjWUAAfSo7?format=jpg&name=900x900

This is actual Nazi shit. He deserves to be drawn and quartered. It's sick how openly racist the Republicans are now.

I don’t want to denigrate any Republicans here, but it’s insane that they can’t even spell a simple word like “voodoo”.

And for any Republicans here, “denigrate” means “put down”. 

• Haha 3
  • True 1
  • Sicko 2

7 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Also, our president and VP? Fucker doesn't even know who's in the white house. 

Donald Trump is the REAL president but also gets two more terms because Sleepy Joe stole the election and Democrats didn't let him do whatever he wanted during his first term. 

• True 1

22 minutes ago, Jason said:

the fuck

WWW.CNBC.COM

The alleged sexual assault of a Kamala Harris staffer comes as the Secret Service takes heat over the attempted assassination of Donald Trump.

Why the fuck was he getting drunk on a work trip? Fucking cops, man. Standards for thee, not for me.

UbdR64p.png

If they have the money, then it's definitely worth it, even if there's only an outside chance of winning. However, the better move is to spend this money (and build a state-wide network) between campaigns so that you have a real shot the next time around. I don't have much hope for Florida, but yes, Texas should be invested in now to help pay off in 4-12 years.

• stepee 1

5 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Polling seems broken, it's all either the race is tied or Harris is gonna blow the doors off this thing. 

GOP pollster. 

General election poll

Harris 52% (+7)

Trump 45%

Last poll (8/25) - Trump +1 Echelon #C - 1005 LV - 9/25

17273884541995413982155310066743.jpg?ex=

I find it hard to believe that Michigan is a dead heat.

1 hour ago, PaladinSolo said:

Polling seems broken, it's all either the race is tied or Harris is gonna blow the doors off this thing. 

Yep. A poll might show Michigan at +6 for Harris. Another shows it a tie. Wisconsin has also been all over the place. NC might show a tie or even plus a few points for Trump or Harris.

The one you just posted tells me these people have NO idea what's going to happen.

• Sicko 1

1 hour ago, PaladinSolo said:

GOP pollster. 

General election poll

Harris 52% (+7)

Trump 45%

Last poll (8/25) - Trump +1 Echelon #C - 1005 LV - 9/25

17273884541995413982155310066743.jpg?ex=

Your dead heat poll was actually retracted at the request of Emerson. Apparently Pollara decided to round the numbers (to the nearest 50?) for the state polls when publishing, when in fact it wasn't 50-50 for each.

7 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Your dead heat poll was actually retracted at the request of Emerson. Apparently Pollara decided to round the numbers (to the nearest 50?) for the state polls when publishing, when in fact it wasn't 50-50 for each.

50.9-49.1 for Michigan still seems too low for Harris.

• Guillotine 1