Rock the Vote '24: update (09/26) - JD Vance VP vetting dossier now available for download

Trump has been trying to do the shitty dictator thing for a while and it looks like he's ready for the end result, and living in exile is probably the most preferable of the typical outcomes for him.  Maybe it'll be like the Philippines and in 30 years Eric will run for and win the election for President.

21 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

Trump has been trying to do the shitty dictator thing for a while and it looks like he's ready for the end result, and living in exile is probably the most preferable of the typical outcomes for him.  Maybe it'll be like the Philippines and in 30 years Eric will run for and win the election for President.

I think it’ll be Baron and during his term he’ll be found with a backpack filled with dead animals or something 

• Halal 1

22 minutes ago, Jason said:
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Revealed: former colleagues claim Kevin Roberts told them he killed a neighbor’s pit bull around 2004

Every election cycle I am always reminded of a stupid memory that absolutely will not dislodge itself from my brain.

I don’t know if anyone remembers The Spark, but it had random articles, quizzes, and shit like that online some 30 years ago at this point.  They had some personality test which was mostly made of really stupid questions and it would spit out a funny description at the end and also give random statistics about others who took it.  One of the questions was if you would kill a dog for $50, and at the end of the quiz it told you that republicans are more likely to commit dog murder.  

1 hour ago, Jason said:
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Revealed: former colleagues claim Kevin Roberts told them he killed a neighbor’s pit bull around 2004

So, confirmed dog murders:

Haitians in Springfield, OH - 0

Republicans connected to Trump - 2 (known)

• Haha 2
  • True 2

21 hours ago, Massdriver said:

No town halls either. I’m not sure what her campaign is thinking. 

They're doing radio interviews currently as she works on UN stuff until returning to campaigning Wednesday. Here's one just today in Wisconsin:

WWW.WPR.ORG

Days after Vice President Kamala Harris’ fourth campaign visit to Wisconsin, she told WPR’s “Wisconsin Today” that she supports ending the filibuster to restore Roe v. Wade to protect abortion rights nationally.

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

I feel like this "where's the town halls" concern is maybe something that's more salient to people who post about politics on online message boards than random voters. 

I think it's more remembering how well "Let Trump dig his own grave" worked in 2016 and wanting to not leave any advantages unused. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

I feel like this "where's the town halls" concern is maybe something that's more salient to people who post about politics on online message boards than random voters. 

Not a single undecided voter in the entire country gives a shit if she does a town hall or not. It's really important to the people who would never vote for a democrat in a million years, but literally no one else.

There's this tiny sliver of weird ass goofballs like us who consume this shit non-stop, while the vast majority of people don't pay any attention at all. Like zero.

They get their news from quickly scrolling past headlines posted by their uncle on Facebook.

• Halal 1

4 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

I think it's more remembering how well "Let Trump dig his own grave" worked in 2016 and wanting to not leave any advantages unused. 

Fair I guess. She's campaigning way harder than Hillary did though, and the "keep the good vibes rolling" strategy seems to be working. 

• True 1

To put this in context, in a recent poll in battleground states, 17% of people polled blame the Biden administration for overturning Roe v Wade. 17%.

90% of politics in this country is just a dog and pony show for a tiny sliver of the population who root for their "team" in the same way someone might root for their local NFL team. It's just this giant juggernaut of pure nonsense designed to keep making money for the media and the billion dollar industrie4s that try to get these bozos elected. There is a lot of money to be made by keeping us angry and engaged. We're the marks.

• True 1

50 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

They're doing radio interviews currently as she works on UN stuff until returning to campaigning Wednesday. Here's one just today in Wisconsin:

WWW.WPR.ORG

Days after Vice President Kamala Harris’ fourth campaign visit to Wisconsin, she told WPR’s “Wisconsin Today” that she supports ending the filibuster to restore Roe v. Wade to protect abortion rights nationally.

Doing smaller radio stations and media outlets is far more important than basically anything else. Doing town halls with local media outlets would be chefs kiss tho

🔴FL: Scott+5
🔴NE: Fischer+4
🔴MT: Sheehy+4
🔴TX: Cruz+3
🔵OH: Brown+3
🔵WI: Baldwin+5
🔵MI: Slotkin+6
🔵PA: Casey+6
🔵MD: Alsobrooks+6
🔵AZ: Gallego+7
🔵NV: Rosen+9

538 Senate averages.

Nebraska is a bit of a shock for me, but I haven't been paying attention to it; a pro-abortion rights independent is running there. Montana has a Democratic incumbent in Tester, but the other three are Republican incumbents.

23 minutes ago, Jason said:
APNEWS.COM

The son of the man suspected in the assassination attempt in Florida of former President Donald Trump has been arrested on charges of possessing child sexual abuse images.

Yeah we always know the would be assassin was a Republican makes sense the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree

The campaigns have agreed to separate town halls hosted by Univision.

Journalist Enrique Acevedo will field audience questions from undecided Hispanic voters. Trump will be the first to take the stage on Oct. 8 in Miami, followed by Harris’s event in Las Vegas on Oct. 10. Both episodes will air with Spanish translation at 10 p.m. ET.

• Halal 3

@Commissar SFLUFAN Can you elaborate any more on the early voting arrangements in the Virginia urban centers?  Early voting tallies in the R-leaning, rural congressional districts are continuing to for the most part outpace the tallies in the D-leaning districts, was wondering if that had anything to do with many early voting polling places not having opened yet in major cities or something, like the one you mentioned before? (Or could it be something more ominous?)

Here’s the state’s early voting dashboard: 

WWW.VPAP.ORG

Your Window into Virginia Politics

1 minute ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

@Commissar SFLUFAN Can you elaborate any more on the early voting arrangements in the Virginia urban centers?  Early voting tallies in the R-leaning, rural congressional districts are continuing to for the most part outpace the tallies in the D-leaning districts, was wondering if that had anything to do with many early voting polling places not having opened yet in major cities or something?

I really can't elaborate any more than I did previously using Alexandria as the example.  The city still has only one early voting center open and it will remain that way until October 21.

• Halal 1

29 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I really can't elaborate any more than I did previously using Alexandria as the example.  The city still has only one early voting center open and it will remain that way until October 21.

The only early voting location in Richmond is not on a bus line and is out of the way for many, on the outskirts of town. This is A big issue when ~20% of the city is below the poverty rate. Theres also localities like Chesapeake which is swingy and far below its 2020 early vote totals. Then Henrico which is a big dem leaning suburban district that is beating its 2020 totals so far. Every locality has their own rules on early voting so it’s not easy to compare. 

I will say that don’t take VA as any sort of bellwether. It’s what gave the red mirage in 2022 because while VA is bluer than most states, it will I think be slightly more red than most people think or what Biden and Clinton got, but still go to Harris. And that’s fine because I think it appears that the loss of some support here is made up for in the upper Midwest. But the trump campaign can’t capitalize on this in any way because of their money problems. 

• Thanks 1