Rock the Vote '24: update (09/19) - NC GOP gubernatorial candidate is having a helluva day

Just now, Jason said:

I think you're underestimating the odds of Trump saying something truly heinous if he's forced to debate her.

I think you’re overestimating the odds of anyone caring after all the weird shit he did in and outside the debate in 2016. The biggest problem is no one calls Trump out on his BS, not even the moderators with simple follow-up questions.

• Halal 1

Just now, Spork3245 said:

Also, if you’re banking on Kamala winning because Trump says something terrible… lol lmao rofl roflmao

Versus Biden referring to Trump as the Cookie Monster at some point during the debate? I know where I'd place my money.

1 minute ago, Reputator said:

Versus Biden referring to Trump as the Cookie Monster at some point during the debate? I know where I'd place my money.

The difference being that literally no one is banking on Biden winning because he calls Trump a name :rofl:

Holy shit, what did I even just read? :lol:

• Halal 1

Just now, Spork3245 said:

The difference being that literally no one is banking on Biden winning because he calls Trump a name :rofl:

No, they're banking on Biden losing because he doesn't know who is who anymore, which is what my point was.

At least with Kamala, you don't have those senile moments to scrutinize a thousand times over. Biden is sitting in quick sand.

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think you're underestimating the odds of Trump saying something truly heinous if he's forced to debate her.

If Kamala is the candidate, the Republicans will be so gross and creepy and racist about it, it's going to turn off a lot of people.

12 minutes ago, Reputator said:

No, they're banking on Biden losing because he doesn't know who is who anymore, which is what my point was.

At least with Kamala, you don't have those senile moments to scrutinize a thousand times over. Biden is sitting in quick sand.

That’s just it, though, isn’t it? The media and dems created this issue of over scrutinization over flubbing names/words that he typically immediately corrects, and when Trump does the same exact shit it’s an eye roll with “that’s our Trump” *womp womp*. Biden and his team also created the issue of having the least charismatic VP possible for a 77 year old running for president 4 years ago. If you don’t want Biden because you don’t think he’s up for the job, cool, but Kamala sure as shit doesn’t have a good chance of beating Trump, and denial isn’t a solution.

• Halal 1

18 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I think you’re overestimating the odds of anyone caring after all the weird shit he did in and outside the debate in 2016. The biggest problem is no one calls Trump out on his BS, not even the moderators with simple follow-up questions.

8 years of social media groyperization has made Republicans infinitely more offputting to normal people. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

8 years of social media groyperization has made Republicans infinitely more offputting to normal people. 

If that were true, Trump wouldn’t have the numbers he does right now and ghouls like Boebert wouldn’t have won their primary (she ran in a different district so she didn’t have incumbency).

I know we love to sit in this bubble where we think that the avg person is informed or pays attention, but they truly, truly don’t.

• Halal 1

The press conference definitely showed that Biden has the capability to serve out his term as President of the United States until at least January 2025.

The press conference didn't really show that Biden has the capability to effectively campaign against Donald Trump or allay concerns about his ability to serve as President for an entire second term.

As I kinda/sorta expected, it really didn't change the trajectory of events in any discernible direction.

Now, if only the media would demand a similar event of Donald J. Trump.  If only.

• True 2
  • Halal 1

4 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I wish I didn't live in this country.

Canadian Celebration GIF by Pi-Slices

You can always escape to the north. People in the medical field are in demand (Just don't expect to buy a house, lol).

3 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Oof, I love my house and it's paid for. Cramming into a much smaller apartment sounds ewww.

Not all of them are bad. My condo is 2 bedroom and almost 1400 ft^2 and I'm on the smaller size for my building. Just have to aim for older buildings rather than newer ones (our building is well maintained).

Just now, chakoo said:

Not all of them are bad. My condo is 2 bedroom and almost 1400 ft^2 and I'm on the smaller size for my building. Just have to aim for older buildings rather than newer ones (our building is well maintained).

I currently have over 2500sqft + a garage.

• Sicko Sherman 1

Other countries manage to have nominations, campaigns, and elections in less time than now remains until our election. I think Biden has been a good President and done a lot of good for our country, and I'm even surprised at myself for thinking this, but.... I can't help but start to wonder if it wouldn't be better for him to step down.  Yeesh. 

New NPR/PBS/Marist poll 7/9-7/10

2 way race Biden 50-48

2 way race Newsom 50-48

2 way race Harris 50-49

2 way race Whitmer 49-49

Multi candidate race Trump 43-42

64% of Americans / 38% of Democrats do not think Biden has the mental fitness to serve as president

43 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

New NPR/PBS/Marist poll 7/9-7/10

2 way race Biden 50-48

2 way race Newsom 50-48

2 way race Harris 50-49

2 way race Whitmer 49-49

Multi candidate race Trump 43-42

64% of Americans / 38% of Democrats do not think Biden has the mental fitness to serve as president

If I'm reading that right, either people think all the alternatives have equally diminished mental fitness, or diminished mental fitness isn't a deal breaker.

• Halal 2

2 hours ago, TheBladeRoden said:

If I'm reading that right, either people think all the alternatives have equally diminished mental fitness, or diminished mental fitness isn't a deal breaker.

I mean a rapist felon who is just as mentally gone is going to win so why would that matter for dems who are just mentally gone. nothing matters anymore 

I realize this is a superficial complaint in comparison to all the massive problems we're facing, but is anyone else getting a little tired of hearing Biden say "number 1. ... number 2." It's verging on a verbal tick with how often he frames arguments that way. Please find some other ways to make points.

8 minutes ago, legend said:

I realize this is a superficial complaint in comparison to all the massive problems we're facing, but is anyone else getting a little tired of hearing Biden say "number 1. ... number 2." It's verging on a verbal tick with how often he frames arguments that way. Please find some other ways to make points.

It's probably an organizational technique that he learned to help mitigate the effects of his stutter.

• True 1