Rock the Vote '24: update (09/19) - NC GOP gubernatorial candidate is having a helluva day

Just now, SuperSpreader said:

You have a lot of faith in this country.

The country? Fuck no. But the racists and homophobes are already voting for Trump, while the uniqueness of breaking boundaries might actually light a fire under the dems asses.

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

Butti the nom, Kamala continues as VP

In a vacuum, I'm not opposed to it. But do that and you piss off a lot of people for passing over the black woman who was the natural choice. I think you'd get a lot of protest non-voting.

Just now, legend said:

In a vacuum, I'm not opposed to it. But do that and you piss off a lot of people for passing over the black woman who was the natural choice. I think you'd get a lot of protest non-voting.

If they don’t vote for a black VP they’re clearly racist, though, and thus Trump voters anyway.

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

My prediction on democrats reaction to Harris becoming the nominee:

Day of announcement: OMG GUYS! YAY! WE DID IT!

5 seconds after she speaks: oh dear god, what have we done

There is no amount of VP that is going to change this, my friends. :p 

4 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

If they don’t vote for a black VP they’re clearly racist, though, and thus Trump voters anyway.

Rationally, you're completely right, but I'm worried even some black women and other progressives won't vote out of protest for not making her the front runner. My experience is people have terribly irrational reasons for how and when they vote and many would think this was "sending a message" in some meaningful way.

Just now, legend said:

Rationally, you're completely right, but I'm worried even some black women and other "progressives" won't vote out of protest for not making her the front runner. My experience is people have terribly irrational reasons for how and when the vote and many would think this was "sending a message" in some meaningful way.

But what if she realizes that she has the charisma of a toe fungus, has a low chance of beating Trump, and willingly goes “nah, I love being VP - let’s get someone else up front!”

But what if she realizes that she has the charisma of a toe fungus, has a low chance of beating Trump, and willingly goes “nah, I love being VP - let’s get someone else up front!”

In this fantasy? Maybe. :p 

• Sicko Sherman 1

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

This is very middling. Not great, not terrible. Definitely not going to change the narratives IMO.

Biden still can be pretty charming at times though.

I was thinking the same thing. He had a little throat clearing going on and called Harris Trump, but other than that he’s just doing his thing.  

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

This is very middling. Not great, not terrible. Definitely not going to change the narratives IMO.

Biden still can be pretty charming at times though.

And holding steady at the current polling numbers isn't a recipe for winning.

Here's the thing, national polling where a Democrat is dead-even with a Republican is bad news. When in the past several elections Democrats have enjoyed a substantial national advantage in popular vote, which is essentially what such polling is testing for, dead-even means the electoral collage advantage kicks in for the GOP.

The way our election system is rigged set up, Democrats have to far over-perform their rival to win.

• Halal 2

3 minutes ago, Reputator said:

And holding steady at the current polling numbers isn't a recipe for winning.

Considering he’s holding in spite of the dumbass obsessive media coverage, democrats attacking him, and celebrities attacking him… holding steady is actually impressive 

EDIT: I’m not saying it’s good or that he’d win, but c’mon :p 

• Halal 1

2 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Considering he’s holding in spite of the dumbass obsessive media coverage, democrats attacking him, and celebrities attacking him… holding steady is actually impressive 

It would be if not for the rest of what my post says.

1 minute ago, Reputator said:

It would be if not for the rest of what my post says.

No, it still very much is, as holding steady in the current environment implies he’s over performing despite the narrative. That narrative goes away and what happens?

Just now, Spork3245 said:

No, it still very much is, as holding steady in the current environment implies he’s over performing despite the narrative. That narrative goes away and what happens?

If that narrative goes away, because Kamala is the nominee, you might see an expanding on the polling advantage she's already showing.

3 minutes ago, Reputator said:

If that narrative goes away, because Kamala is the nominee, you might see an expanding on the polling advantage she's already showing.

Except then the people who are being polled will have heard her speak for the first time, and that incredibly hypothetical advantage (since she’s not the nominee) is obliterated.

I want the dems to keep the White House, there’s a chance of that with Biden, and hardly a prayer of that with Kamala. Those same polls have Hilary ahead of either of them ffs.

• Halal 1

Except then the people who are being polled will have heard her speak for the first time, and that incredibly hypothetical advantage (since she’s not the nominee) is obliterated.

I want the dems to keep the White House, there’s a chance of that with Biden, and hardly a prayer of that with Kamala.

Against Trump I don't think she'll sound any worse.