Rock the Vote '24: update (09/19) - NC GOP gubernatorial candidate is having a helluva day

I think it just boils down to the NYTs making sure they don't undercount the GOP this time around, all their polls are pretty heavy R samples, even the ones Harris is up on, the problem really seems to be with their unaffiliated samples, going from +24 Harris last time to +9 Harris in the AZ poll, a 10 point swing from before the debate in the opposite direction literally every other poll has gone, but its not a bad thing just means they aren't fudging their results.

41 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The Republican Governors' Association has given up on North Carolina and will not be spending any further money on that race.

Can you believe the fake news that lying CNN is putting out about that guy running under our banner in North Carolina whose name we don’t recall and who won’t get another penny of our money?  Filthy shameless lies about whatshisface, Robert something probably, such awful fake news and election interference.  

1 hour ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

More evidence we are living in the end times.

WWW.NYTIMES.COM

New polls from The New York Times and Siena College showed Donald J. Trump ahead in Arizona and leading in tight races in Georgia and North Carolina.

The polls in these states are fluctuating wildly, and there's some copium in the fact that the averages on 538 and Nate Silver's models still favor Harris but seriously after everything Trump's done, just in the past few weeks, this is looney tunes.

I recently found out I’ll be relocating to Arizona for work. Unfortunately it won’t be until mid November, so my vote will be in Oregon. But at least you’ll have two more in the bank going forward (my wife and I)!

• Hype 1

Not a doubt in my mind that poll will get more attention than anything else that came out, though I feel this board is processing it better instead of either dismissing it outright or otherwise. Good reminder:

It’s up to us to remember what Kamala’s mother told her: “Don’t just sit around and complain. Do something.” So if they lie about her—and they will—we’ve got to do something. If we see a bad poll—and we will—we’ve got to put down that phone and do something. If we start feeling tired, if we start feeling that dread creeping back in, we gotta pick ourselves up, throw water on our face, and what? Do something.

I'm going to be really, really honest.

I absolutely freakin' despise those Simpsons memes.  It's to the point where I feel my blood pressure start to spike when I see them.

Not only do I not find them humorous in the least, but I genuinely get the sense that they're contributing to the "normalization" of the behavior that they're supposed to lampooning.

So, I have a simple request - if they're going to be continued to be posted here, please put them in a spoiler.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I'm going to be really, really honest.

I absolutely freakin' despise those Simpsons memes.  It's to the point where I feel my blood pressure start to spike when I see them.

Not only do I not find them humorous in the least, but I genuinely get the sense that they're contributing to the "normalization" of the behavior that they're supposed to lampooning.

So, I have a simple request - if they're going to be continued to be posted here, please put them in a spoiler.

I JUST WANT TO SPREAD JOY, DAMN IT

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

4 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

You can spread that particular "joy" or whatever with a spoiler tag!

I didn’t say I wouldn’t :nottalking:
TBF, it’s not trying to normalize the behavior of Trump and his rhetoric: it’s calling out his jackassery and mocking him. The few who attempt to make pro-Trump/Republican memes on where I get the ones I don’t make myself from more-or-less get tar and feathered, then chased off with a pitchfork.

Just now, Spork3245 said:

I didn’t say I wouldn’t :nottalking:
TBF, it’s not trying to normalize the behavior of Trump and his rhetoric: it’s calling out his jackassery and mocking him. The few who attempt to make pro-Trump/Republican memes on where I get these from (the ones I don’t make myself, at least) more-or-less get tar and feathered, then chased off with a pitchfork.

I know that it's not trying to, but my understanding is that there is evidence that "memefication" of behaviors -- even behaviors that those memes are intended to mock -- leads to normalization through repetition. 

2 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I know that it's not trying to, but my understanding is that there is evidence that "memefication" of behaviors -- even behaviors that those memes are intended to mock -- leads to normalization through repetition. 

Well, it’s normalizing me laughing at it, does that count? :p 

3 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

There's some really odd data in the crosstabs (Harris losing 20 points with women, for example) that prompted NYT's Nate Cohn to say, "Huh - that's weird."

even if it was just losing white women by 20 points id still be questioning the results

WWW.NPR.ORG

When asked whether he would run again in four years if his current presidential bid is unsuccessful, Trump said “I don’t see that at all.” He would be 82...

The Republican presidential nominee spoke with Sinclair Broadcast Group journalist Sharyl Attkisson at his Mar-a-Lago residence on Friday for an interview that aired on her show, Full Measure, on Sunday.

And it ended with Attkisson asking Trump whether he sees himself running again in 2028 if his current presidential bid — his third in a row — is unsuccessful.

“No, I don't. No, I don't,” Trump said. “I think that that will be, that will be it. I don't see that at all. I think that hopefully we're gonna be successful.”

Brady Bunch Jan GIF by MOODMAN

I mean I could see his ego not being able to take it, but I could also see him being the sort to campaign from a hospital bed. Assuming he doesn't escape to Venezuela when he loses this year.

5 minutes ago, Reputator said:
WWW.NPR.ORG

When asked whether he would run again in four years if his current presidential bid is unsuccessful, Trump said “I don’t see that at all.” He would be 82...

I mean I could see his ego not being able to take it, but I could also see him being the sort to campaign from a hospital bed. Assuming he doesn't escape to Venezuela when he loses this year.

He said the same thing last time. "If I lose, you'll never hear from me again." 

15 minutes ago, Reputator said:
WWW.NPR.ORG

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

He said the same thing last time. "If I lose, you'll never hear from me again." 

The difference is that so far backing Trump has been high risk, high reward for the GOP.

Yes, Trump could run again to keep up his grift or attempt to wriggle out of legal accountability but I see that path as high risk, little reward for the GOP. If the party isn't smart enough to band together and finally expel him at that point I think it's nothing but gravy for Dems.

This Trump plus 4 years will not be able to run. Hell, I put it at a better chance that the man will be dead or in jail by 2028 than him being any type of real electoral threat.