Rock the Vote '24: update (09/19) - NC GOP gubernatorial candidate is having a helluva day

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Okay, JD Vance is terrible but can we not share deceptively edited videos? There’s plenty of gaffes that are actually real. 

Was the full clip better/different? I’m not going to search for Tucker interviews with Vance to see for myself  :p 

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

Was the full clip better/different? I’m not going to search for Tucker interviews with Vance to see for myself  :p 

As per @ort

6 hours ago, ort said:

That is a purposefully deceptively edited clip, it’s cut off at the beginning, where he says “well, according to the internet” this is a rent a dog…

he’s making fun of lefties online who think it’s a fake dog…

4 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

But how do we know  the Fox news clip isn't edited? Like maybe they filmed some footage after and put it at the front of that clip!

AI generative "oopsie" video fill, helping you give false context to embarrassing moments!

23 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

Alright, finally getting away from all this ‘good news’ stuff and back to a bit more terror and doom:

It’s really early but Rs appear to be beating Ds in early voting in… Virginia of all places

…a thousand caveats, probably means nothing…but, y’know…

What’s the comparison to 2020? Does this include mail-in? Where does it say how many Republicans and Democrats voted? What was the day to day Breakdown in 2020 and 2016?

Context would be nice.

I have no real interest in ultra early day 1 trends about this, Trying to extrapolate anything meaningful seems like a fool's errand and a way to either depress yourself or hype yourself up for what might be absolutely nothing. As we get closer, I'll start to care more.

18 hours ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

Ok, let me explain the basics of CEB etiquette to you…

Please do?

Go as far back, as you want!  What I said was NOT deragotory, and I figured maybe XBOB42 had a modicum of civility!  (I was wrong)

Is that the "etiquette"?

Please, give me the right instruction, so I can post better (Or more to you liking)!?

38 minutes ago, Crst0604 said:

Please do?

Go as far back, as you want!  What I said was NOT deragotory, and I figured maybe XBOB42 had a modicum of civility!  (I was wrong)

Is that the "etiquette"?

Please, give me the right instruction, so I can post better (Or more to you liking)!?

Oh, absolutely! Let’s dive into the super complicated world of message board etiquette, shall we?

First off, remember to always assume everyone cares deeply about your opinion on every single topic, because, obviously, you’re the main character here. So go ahead and drop your incredibly nuanced hot takes on things like pineapple on pizza or which superhero is the best. Spoiler: everyone’s just waiting for your wisdom.

Next, don’t forget to respond to every post you disagree with in the most confrontational way possible. After all, nothing says “I’m here for a civil discussion” like a snarky remark or a good old-fashioned internet argument. Who needs kindness when you can have drama?

Also, make sure to ignore any threads that don’t directly involve you. Why should you waste your time on others’ discussions when your own thoughts are so much more important?

And if you ever feel like someone’s post is too long, just comment “TL;DR.” Everyone loves a good dismissal, right?

Finally, don’t forget to ask a million questions, especially the ones that were already answered in the thread. Because nothing says “I value your time” like making people repeat themselves!

So, just remember: the message board is your stage, and everyone else is just here for the amazing performance. Enjoy!

thanks chatgpt

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sicko 1

52 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

What’s the comparison to 2020? Does this include mail-in? Where does it say how many Republicans and Democrats voted? What was the day to day Breakdown in 2020 and 2016?

Context would be nice.

The context is that this is way too early to make any definitive judgments about the distribution of early voting, except that early votes in rural counties have come in and they’re not bad turnout-wise so far.  But we don’t even have any info as to who they voted for, (for all we know there’s a blue wave going on in the Virginia countryside) and we don’t have a full point of comparison with urban turnout.

But literally anything can trigger me this election cycle so for now I’m mildly nervous…

NBC News (Hart/POS)

2.6/3.0️ rating from 538 

9/13-17, n=1000 RV

🔵 Harris 49%

🔴 Trump 44%

Previous (7/7-9): Trump+2

CBS News (YouGov)

3.0/3.0️ rating from 538 

9/18-20, n=3121 LV

🔵 Harris 52%

🔴 Trump 48%

Previous (8/14-16): Harris+3

• stepee 1

13 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Oh, absolutely! Let’s dive into the super complicated world of message board etiquette, shall we?

First off, remember to always assume everyone cares deeply about your opinion on every single topic, because, obviously, you’re the main character here. So go ahead and drop your incredibly nuanced hot takes on things like pineapple on pizza or which superhero is the best. Spoiler: everyone’s just waiting for your wisdom.

Next, don’t forget to respond to every post you disagree with in the most confrontational way possible. After all, nothing says “I’m here for a civil discussion” like a snarky remark or a good old-fashioned internet argument. Who needs kindness when you can have drama?

Also, make sure to ignore any threads that don’t directly involve you. Why should you waste your time on others’ discussions when your own thoughts are so much more important?

And if you ever feel like someone’s post is too long, just comment “TL;DR.” Everyone loves a good dismissal, right?

Finally, don’t forget to ask a million questions, especially the ones that were already answered in the thread. Because nothing says “I value your time” like making people repeat themselves!

So, just remember: the message board is your stage, and everyone else is just here for the amazing performance. Enjoy!

thanks chatgpt

Just one question...?

Have I ignored you SAYSWHO?  did you feel wronged...? 

So we don't confuse sarcasm, for rage, I asked YOU a question...?  Am I right, or wrong...  there?  XBOB42, gave me a sufficient answer!  ...and then you started to ATTACK me.  Is that the etiquette, MIKEY?

Or am I supposed to "feel" out all of the posts?  Like the one, that is at the top of the page, and has the MOST comments in, are OFF limits to my "simple" brain?

No, seriously, give me a response...  as I am VERY much unaware!  I thought that it was proper to say "SORRY", when your wrong, but I guess that is just my Christian upbringing!

NOW I KNOW WHAT YOUR ETIQUETTE ENTAILS.

• Ukraine 1
  • Wrong 1

3 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:

Reality is whatever I want it to be

Hey now, their reality is created as they view it through the lens of their experience and inner dialogue. So since we all live in our own reality, who can say what is true and what is not? The election may have been stolen, and we also may all live in a reality where we’re the ones whose bomb didn’t go off! 

7 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

I feel like it should be pointed out that early vote and vote by mail numbers are going to look really out of line with 2020 cause there isn't a pandemic happening right now. 

lol

Let's just wait, before we pick up the pitchforks. 

The election isn't going to be here until November 5 - about another 40 days of this bullshit - , but I believe you should cast your ballot, as early as you can (whatever side your on), as it is the only way we, the "rank and file", still have a voice.

This, I think we all agree on, NO MATTER who wins!  We all LOSE! 

9 minutes ago, Jason said:
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

The pop icon discussed the vice president’s background as part of a press campaign promoting the second leg of her Together Again tour in Europe.

Her own kid is biracial. :silly:

Dum dee dum dum dummmmmmm

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

thanks chatgpt

So, be a GOOD boy, and {shut up}! - (The parenthase ARE not me!...  I guess that's one way to steer a conversation)

Now I understand..., it DOES make it quite harder, when your opponent has a bit of history;  In HUMAN etiquette, or these message boards...!  Take your pick?

1 hour ago, PaladinSolo said:

NBC News (Hart/POS)

2.6/3.0️ rating from 538 

9/13-17, n=1000 RV

🔵 Harris 49%

🔴 Trump 44%

Previous (7/7-9): Trump+2

CBS News (YouGov)

3.0/3.0️ rating from 538 

9/18-20, n=3121 LV

🔵 Harris 52%

🔴 Trump 48%

Previous (8/14-16): Harris+3

Black Widow Avengers GIF

I need a reason to slit my wrists

• Hype 1

...  We will be with you in a minute...  Our service is experiencing "technical" disruptions!

You (SFLUFAN), wouldn't survive a day at real job!

Are you, or are you not, the one who monitors these boards...?  Then, I'd like some insight, as to why my message was EDITED?

I will wait for your reply.