Rock the Vote '24: update (09/19) - NC GOP gubernatorial candidate is having a helluva day

2 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I know debate skills are honestly unimportant to the actual job of POTUS, but it makes me feel a little embarrassed for the country that Harris’ performance is being rated as good by people here. More than half the time she isn’t able to actually answer the question posed by the moderators.

Grade inflation isn’t limited to schools, I guess :p 

In what reality do you live in where that still matters at all? People are concerned with one thing: who is beating whom? Which, as you know, actually kind of isn't a thing in debates. Debates aren't generally things you do to win or to lose. But this America, baby, one person must stomp the other, and Trump's face is lookin' a little beaten and battered.

• Halal 1

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Like she’s not bad, not great, and having some good moments, but god damn he’s the fucking stupidest man alive and I think it’s impossible to separate her performance from his insanity

Yeah, pretty much this. It's not like she's crushing it in some objective debate sense but in terms of vibes? There's no question she's killing it. Certainly better than she was in the 2020 primary.

3 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Oh shit. Trump saying: "I've read that she was Black and that she puts out. I'll say that". Did he really say that?? Did I hear that right? Oh shit mentioning the full page ad Trump put out for the Central Park Five and birther lies about Obama.

I was hoping she would bring up the exonerated five!

3 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

In what reality do you live in where that still matters at all? People are concerned with one thing: who is beating whom? Which, as you know, actually kind of isn't a thing in debates. Debates aren't generally things you do to win or to lose. But this America, baby, one person must stomp the other, and Trump's face is lookin' a little beaten and battered.

Like I said earlier:

Swap CFB teams for Democrats and Republicans and journalists for CTE-affected athletes with bad knees and the pre-debate show is College Game Day.

This is Michigan/OSU here, and if you don’t know who’s who then I don’t want to speak to you ever again.

4 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Oh shit. Trump saying: "I've read that she was Black and that she puts out. I'll say that". Did he really say that?? Did I hear that right? Oh shit mentioning the full page ad Trump put out for the Central Park Five and birther lies about Obama.

If he said that then you can bet thats what he will be celebrated for tomorrow… then again Fox said “the Generals would have their way with her”… not sexually *wink

• Shocked 1

39 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

He loses ground in the polls every time he loses the debate. It always matters, it's never not mattered, and it's a myth that there are no undecideds.

Love the optimism, it's why you're one of the best posters here. ♥

• Hugs 1

9 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I mean, what would you like her to do? She can't stoop to his level because then her own supporters are turned off. It's a delicate balance.

"Trump is breaking the debate rules just like he constantly breaks the law."