Rock the Vote '24: update (09/19) - NC GOP gubernatorial candidate is having a helluva day

2 hours ago, elbobo said:

There is no fucking universe in which Kennedy is getting 28% of the vote from any cohort 

Probably not, but i think it explains Bidens drop in the polls while Trump still seems stuck at that ceiling 46-47%, its not that Trump has gained voters but Biden's are going elsewhere.

Just now, PaladinSolo said:

GRVT0PRWgAA8SET?format=jpg&name=medium

That poll doesn't tell you much though.  I'm sure if the same question were asked in 2008 a similar number of respondents would have said McCain shouldn't be running for president.  All this is saying that all Democratic voters, plus a portion of moderates think Trump is a poor choice.  News at 11. 

5 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

That poll doesn't tell you much though.  I'm sure if the same question were asked in 2008 a similar number of respondents would have said McCain shouldn't be running for president.  All this is saying that all Democratic voters, plus a portion of moderates think Trump is a poor choice.  News at 11. 

Kinda furthers that Trump has a ceiling of about 46%, which happens to be about what he got in 2016 and 2020, but also edited to add the Biden question.

• Halal 1

On 6/29/2024 at 6:13 PM, TUFKAK said:

It's not just the cult that has bought into this though. We see it with the politically non engaged who always "both sides" political discourse, and it doesn't help that for years that wasn't far from the truth with neo-liberalism being the true party of the state. Again are we to believe that every member of congress is a better investor than Buffett? But those views infested mainstream political thought and discourse in this nation to such a degree where you hear it all the time, so when the very real corruption and political maleficence that has existed since Regan, wrote in piss you fuck, is combined with the overall apathy that they have been able to create with this rhetoric we get the foundation for the current state of American politics. Add in the American selfishness to where if it doesn't personally affect them they don't give a shit, their inability to see global reach, and the current focus on culture war over policy with our historical failing off over valuing rural communities in the electorate things like lifting millions of children out of poverty ends up not mattering cause a trans swimmer exists and eggs were super expensive.

They've controlled the narrative for years, we gave them the control, and now we're paying for it.

Also because Hillary ran a shit ass campaign.

While I agree with all of this, this is where perhaps I'm still giving the average person too much credit. Because I agree that the politically unengaged "both sides" political discourse, my issue comes in where there's no way to "both sides" Biden vs. Trump. I just don't see how you can do it after 9+ years of very blatant evidence. How are they making this false equivalency at this point after everything we've seen and suffered under Trump. To me this is beyond McCain vs. Obama or whatever because Trump's evil is so clearly out there for all to see. Even if you don't like Biden, as an undecided, how could one ever vote for Trump? Do they really think it's the same, even in this instance?

31 minutes ago, Best said:

Jill doesn't want to give up the first lady lifestyle so she'll continue to embarass her husband and won't let him drop out. 

She’s the first ever first lady to hold a salaried job during her husband’s tenure.

I just think Biden needs to drop out. That was more than a terrible performance. That was a man slowly dying on stage.

And yes, Trump is more coherent but that doesn't mean anything at all. He went on and on about the same shit and never once answered a question. He lied through his teeth, too.

But Biden needs to be placed in a senior home not serving as president of the United States. 

I'm not informed enough to know what options the dems have though. 

I was already thinking it’s way too late for Biden to drop out but if two-time Trump voters who supported Trump “until” two months ago or so are calling for it, then it’s definitely the right call to stay in.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Best said:

Jill doesn't want to give up the first lady lifestyle so she'll continue to embarass her husband and won't let him drop out. 

45 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

She’s the first ever first lady to hold a salaried job during her husband’s tenure.

39 minutes ago, Best said:

Yea I know. 

Confused Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

48 minutes ago, Best said:

I just think Biden needs to drop out. That was more than a terrible performance. That was a man slowly dying on stage.

And yes, Trump is more coherent but that doesn't mean anything at all. He went on and on about the same shit and never once answered a question. He lied through his teeth, too.

But Biden needs to be placed in a senior home not serving as president of the United States. 

I'm not informed enough to know what options the dems have though. 

The only other option is the pretty unpopular Kamala Harris. So really they don't have any other options. The money Biden has raised is only good for the Biden campaign. You'd essentially be giving an irrecoverable head start to the opposition if you switched candidates.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

The only other option is the pretty unpopular Kamala Harris. So really they don't have any other options. The money Biden has raised is only good for the Biden campaign. You'd essentially be giving an irrecoverable head start to the opposition if you switched candidates.

Look some people just don’t want to be soooo disappointed with the dem candidate when they go to vote trump for a third time 

4 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Interesting. I guess he has to stay in then. Thanks for the informative response. 

23 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I'm sure the big donors could stand up a campaign pretty quickly and the entire process of getting a new candidate would be massive free media. 

17 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

I'm sure the big donors could stand up a campaign pretty quickly and the entire process of getting a new candidate would be massive free media. 

The free media would all consist of “Dems in disarray” narrative and nothing more. :p

• Halal 1

26 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

Why is everyone glossing over Kamala being passed over would cause the ticket to collapse 

Christ this is stupid. Theres no mechanism to replace Biden let alone one where the running mate and sitting VP is passed over. 

• Halal 1

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Why is everyone glossing over Kamala being passed over would cause the ticket to collapse 

Christ this is stupid. Theres no mechanism to replace Biden let alone one where the running mate and sitting VP is passed over. 

Kamala with Gavin VP

Just now, Massdriver said:

Kamala with Gavin VP

Gross.  Newsome does nothing to attract swing state voters, and assuredly would turn off many of them because he is the epitome of California politics.  If you want to win over battleground states like PA or MI or NV, Newsome is definitely the wrong running mate. 

25 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Gross.  Newsome does nothing to attract swing state voters, and assuredly would turn off many of them because he is the epitome of California politics.  If you want to win over battleground states like PA or MI or NV, Newsome is definitely the wrong running mate. 

Biden is the best bet still overall. It's just interesting to think about their next best option in case Biden decides to bow out. 

1 hour ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Actually, the money can be transferred to the DNC, and then the donation counter would be reset for a new candidate essentially enabling the largest donation dump in history. 

Screenshot_32.png?ex=66845409&is=6683028

Biden's not dropping out, let's be real, and it would be stupid for him to do so at this point. No one is beating Trump if they start up a campaign now and as others have said, the "Dems in disarray" narrative would rule the media landscape. It's Biden. Vote for him and let's get this done.

• stepee 1
  • Thanks 1
  • True 2

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

Biden's not dropping out, let's be real, and it would be stupid for him to do so at this point. No one is beating Trump if they start up a campaign now and as others have said, the "Dems in disarray" narrative would rule the media landscape. It's Biden. Vote for him and let's get this done.

Honestly if they started a campaign now they'd be fine, there's 4 months left dems don't even officially nominate for almost 2 months, and typically the uninformed don't pay attention till after September. On top of this congressional dems are runn 3-4 points better than Biden, and it's not like people know their congressional reps better than the guy who's president.