Rock the Vote '24: update (09/19) - NC GOP gubernatorial candidate is having a helluva day

7 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I don't disagree that people need to chill, but it's also true that those next few weeks will be crucial and it might be too late to realistically take another path. (It probably already is)

50 something days until the convention then 70 something days of being locked in until the election. It is now or never. 

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Like I said. Don't hold the debates at bedtime. He's got more energy at 10 in the morning.

Fuck that, hold them at 3 AM. At least then no one will be up to watch the shitshow.

If they're thinking about replacing anyone, replace Kamala. Let people relax and take solace that Newsome or Prtizker is ready to pick things up and run with it. No one particularly likes Kamala anyway. 

27 minutes ago, ThreePi said:

If they're thinking about replacing anyone, replace Kamala. Let people relax and take solace that Newsome or Prtizker is ready to pick things up and run with it. No one particularly likes Kamala anyway. 

Democrats and Joe Biden have backed themselves in a corner. They can’t replace Kamala Harris.

One of Democrats biggest 2020 coalitions was young people and minority votes. Passing over a black

woman who’s next in line for a white man? Yikes. 

54 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

If Biden steps aside, it can't be a candidate imposed on the voters by a couple party elite, not after they're pissed about Biden being imposed on them. I think the closest most democratic thing we can hope for is an open contest until the convention, and the delegates, who are nobodies, pick. 

"The people" should never have had a role in pickng the party nominee.  We need smoke filled rooms again.

It would have absolutely prevented Trump from winning the nomination in 2016, by the way.

• True 2

Between the debate and SCOTUS rulings, fucking hell.  Even @SaysWho? couldn’t find anything for a silver lining post. I’m gonna take a break from the internet and enjoy the sunny 80 degree day. Y’all have a great weekend. 

• stepee 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 2

15 minutes ago, Brian said:

Between the debate and SCOTUS rulings, fucking hell.  Even @SaysWho? couldn’t find anything for a silver lining post. I’m gonna take a break from the internet and enjoy the sunny 80 degree day. Y’all have a great weekend. 

The silver lining is this didn’t happen two weeks before the election. You should still enjoy the day!

27 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

"The people" should never have had a role in pickng the party nominee.  We need smoke filled rooms again.

It would have absolutely prevented Trump from winning the nomination in 2016, by the way.

WWW.IMDB.COM

The X-Files (1993)

With more representation from all groups of people, this should be what a primary looks like with tons of smoking. 

The time to replace Biden was two years ago after the midterms. The only chance Dems had to replace him was then and it was with Kamala Harris. If they had just let her run things for a couple of years, they'd be in a better place. Either everyone hates her and she gets primaried or she surprises everyone and she's in a better place versus Trump.

36 minutes ago, stepee said:

In one debate, Biden destroyed all notion that he is on any kind of performance enhancing drug, and you guys think this wasn’t a mission accomplished? 

So what you're saying is now we're free to pump him up with Compound V or whatever drugs we want? 

• Hype 1

9 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

@SoberChef Ah, yes, use a laugh reaction instead of an actual response.

Even if you don’t like Biden, do you honestly believe that “Trump wouldn’t be worse”?

Trump doesn’t care about this country, he doesn’t care about anyone or anything but himself. He’s shown just a taste of what he can and will do during his 4 years in office, if he gets another it will be undeniably more extreme: when Trump won in 2016, no one in the GOP hierarchy thought he would actually win, not even those among his own team. He had no plan, didn’t know he needed to hire all new administration, etc; he was a dog that caught the car. This time, however, he very much has a plan, a playbook handed to him by Project 2025 and others. He is planning to install loyalists even at the civil service level, so this time he won’t need to use a sharpie on a weather map - the actual weather map will be adjusted to whatever he wants. He won’t need to argue with doctors about injecting cleaning products or using UV light to stop a pandemic - they’ll just agree.

Let’s say you think Biden is in someway unfit and is too old, fine: another 4 years of Biden does what, though? Does he dismantle institutions? Does he put extreme-right 20-somethings on the Supreme Court that aren’t even qualified? Does he pull out of NATO and weaken global security? Or, is it simply “more of the same” and in 4 years there’s another chance to hopefully get something better? This election isn’t like Gore vs George W, or Obama vs McCain, or any other election: this one is actually fucking scary.

Sitting out because you’re not satisfied with Biden only helps Trump - it’s not a protest, it’s not some enlightened stance: it’s helping Trump get a second term, and absolutely nothing else.

So really unsure what in the actual fuck your issue w/ me is, but politically speaking, fuck off & go fuck yourself, I'm sick of your shit. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

So really unsure what in the actual fuck your issue w/ me is, but politically speaking, fuck off & go fuck yourself, I'm sick of your shit. 

Lol, my dude, I typically and have defended you. I gave you an actual response there detailing why Trump is dangerous and why your vote matters. If you want to take it in some way that’s attacking you because you want to use reactions rather than have a discussion, then you are clearly the one with the issue.