Rock the Vote '24: update (09/19) - NC GOP gubernatorial candidate is having a helluva day

I don't know what the right move with Biden is. Removing him has huge risks (Harris is probably even more unpopular than he is, mainly because the American public hates female leaders...Canada, too), but keeping him does, too. I guess it depends on how the media spins this.

If they could replace Biden with "Abortion Rights" then that would be best.

What a horrible night for America..

I skipped the old people debate to avoid the car crashed and tuned in to the USMNT futbol match vs Panama… oh the pain!!!

I wonder how the “American Viewer” experienced this….. did they tune in at the beginning when Joe struggled most then tuned out from boredom? thats a pretty strong impression to leave with….. or perhaps they stayed to watch Annoying Orange crush him only to see him word vomit in circles

4 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

My only hope at this point is that Trump picks a competent and fairly sane running mate.  That way if (or more to the point, when) he wins and then croaks while in office, the country isn't completely screwed.

what does fairly sane look like in a MAGAt GOP world…. it seems the sane ones committed seppuku and retired already..

• True 1

The worst part is that if Trump wins, we end up in a Christo-fascist shithole with no hope of recovery.  Biden could be a literal bloated corpse ready to explode with the newest virus and I would STILL vote for him over Trump.

...I just wish I had my job still...

I will say, watching the debate back with AirPods in, Biden sounds much better. He sounds much like he has the past 2-3 years. Which I understand for some Republicans may be the point, but it seems like tonight the consensus is that Biden sounded ‘worse’ than normal and I’m not sure that’s the case upon a second viewing.

It’s not like it matters. First impressions are everything and the damage is done.

1 minute ago, 5timechamp said:

what does fairly sane look like in a MAGAt GOP world…. it seems the sane ones committed seppuku and retired already..

Doug Burgum ran during the primaries as an anti-Trump candidate.  He's now one of the contenders to become Trump's VP.

4 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

The worst part is that if Trump wins, we end up in a Christo-fascist shithole with no hope of recovery.  Biden could be a literal bloated corpse ready to explode with the newest virus and I would STILL vote for him over Trump.

...I just wish I had my job still...

I won’t say I’ve moved my conservative Republican parents away from Trump, but they aren’t MAGA or Trumpers, they are George W. Bush Republicans.

But I’ve seen the self reflection in their eyes when I say ‘ok, Trump can literally get anything he wants as president, any policy, any legislation, what does that look like for America? What does that look like for your grandson and granddaughter?’ and then ask them the same question for Biden.

The contrast is stark.

33 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Even that little bit if Biden was rough to watch.. Confident word vomit is better than half zombie mode….. Angry Biden talking about our Vets does take you back to Middle Earth165855-1539812576-v1-1.jpg

If you can “win” a debate by spouting nonsense and lies with bravado then, and this should have already been the case, debates should not happen anymore unless there is live fact checking.

But yeah it’s what I thought, everything we already know played back before us. The good news is I’m leaving the country before my Dad runs a victory lap because his guy didn’t literally take a shit in front of everybody.

• Hugs 1

Reuters headline is “Biden delivers uneven performance under Trump’s barrage of falsehoods at first debate”

Honestly the things that concerns me the most with that sentence is the word “first”

21 minutes ago, johnny said:

establishment dems can see all the anti trump fundraising opportunities on the horizon. they’re drooling! 

if i get one more email from chuck i swear Im switching parties 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It's easy for one guy to look better than the other guy when one guy can say whatever he wants and the other guy is sick, has to use his brains to answer the questions, and the debate is scheduled at 9pm at night.

You mean because 9pm is past sundown?

I kid, I kid

I really don’t think a single person was moved from tonight. If Trump isn’t corrected and allowed to say whatever it’s a disservice to people to air these.

Also I think people underestimate the amount of complete right wing fiction real world people truly believe even if they are independent or even dems. I don’t think anyone who hasn’t decided yet is immune to being swayed by random lies Trump tells. It only takes someone tuning in at the right point. 

• True 1

22 minutes ago, stepee said:

People dooming over this…what did you expect?! 

Not that shit

Biden looked worse than Obama v Rodney and that was one of the worst debates I’ve ever seen

18 minutes ago, stepee said:

I really don’t think a single person was moved from tonight.

I don't think anyone dug in is getting shifted in either direction, my concern is people getting shifted from the "reluctantly vote for Biden" column to the "stay home" column.

Seeing some chatter that the normie response is mostly remembering how much they fucking hate Trump though so that's my copium going to bed tonight.

2 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

Not that shit

Biden looked worse than Obama v Rodney and that was one of the worst debates I’ve ever seen

You thought he was going to be silver tongued all of the sudden? I just don’t get the surprise. 

Just now, stepee said:

You thought he was going to be silver tongued all of the sudden? I just don’t get the surprise. 

Biden during the debate vs

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Where was this guy two hours ago?

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

I don't think anyone dug in is getting shifted in either direction, my concern is people getting shifted from the "reluctantly vote for Biden" column to the "stay home" column.

Seeing some chatter that the normie response is mostly remembering how much they fucking hate Trump though so that's my copium going to bed tonight.

Yeah honestly your latter point I think will be the bigger takeaway. Nobody is going to watch that and be like oh Biden can’t speak well and is old as shit so let’s go with the insane guy…besides those that are already doing that. 

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Biden during the debate vs

It’s a different format and he’s just hit and miss because he’s old man. Just like in the debate he apparently was bad and then good within the same debate. His brain isn’t slush so when he gets the right energy it sounds good. But he’s older and slower. There wasn’t any way to prevent this besides the primaries back in 19-20.

We really just have to hope people are smart enough to know the difference between bolstering word vomit and being calculated and..old.

• True 1

10 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

The United States is a flyover country

Honestly 

yeah

shit hole failed state we are not a real country 

sorry you live in a shit hole flyover state, your gotcha attempts mean nothing, shit hole country that I regret ever wearing a uniform for. 

• Confused 1